The Battle Of The Flagships 2022 by Ear Fidelity
Apr 3, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #17 of 95
Very thanks for this battle of the flagships. I agree Susvara is very good headphones, because it combines musicality, resolution, textures, holography, and the sound is coherent.
I also miss comparing to other headphones like example: the Stax SR-X9000, because the Stax SR-09s are a better headphone for me than the Susvara, because I prefer a more open, faster, harder sound. And these qualities are better in Stax headphones than in Hifiman for me especially in Asian film music, which is based on a large orchestra, drums, plus rock riffs and electronic sounds.
But as it happens in life, you can't get everything for review/listening for various reasons.

Apr 3, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #18 of 95
Very thanks for this battle of the flagships. I agree Susvara is very good headphones, because it combines musicality, resolution, textures, holography, and the sound is coherent.
I also miss comparing to other headphones like example: the Stax SR-X9000, because the Stax SR-09s are a better headphone for me than the Susvara, because I prefer a more open, faster, harder sound. And these qualities are better in Stax headphones than in Hifiman for me especially in Asian film music, which is based on a large orchestra, drums, plus rock riffs and electronic sounds.
But as it happens in life, you can't get everything for review/listening for various reasons.
Yeah, its hard to get everything, especially for long enough to really try it. But I'll definitely try to get more stuff, including estats :)

Apr 6, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #21 of 95
very good comparison/review! i have the SUS, HEkSE, D8000pro and HD800s and have tried HEDDphone too. The comments reflect 90% of my own opinions! Just i personally would rate the HEDD lower and the HESKE higher.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #23 of 95
That is so sweet to read, thanks!

Where would you rate the 1000se higher? Which categories?
I think for Tone rating it could be uplift a bit?

I agreed 100% with your comments that "(heddphone) actually a bit veiled and lacking in crispiness" while hekse is a bit too bright and forward. But my personal preference goes to hekse and the 3 pts disparity seems a bit high.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #26 of 95
When you adding a modded 8xx to your list?

Apr 15, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #28 of 95
Nice comparison and write-up:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back