The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread
Jul 25, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #1,487 of 1,529
Hi guys just got my first pair in today and sound great. Got it for a great deal and not many issues on it. The cups do look a bit dull was wondering if anyone has this issue. Was thinking of using something like Howard’s wood conditioner if safe.
i'd be very wary of using anything other than a soft cloth on those echizen lacquer ear cups

Nov 13, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #1,488 of 1,529
I'm looking to upgrade the pads, since the stock ones are a bit too shallow for longer sessions. Do you have any tips in 2020? Saw that the AlphaDog pads are discontinued. Moreover, most stuff I find is in the US. Does anybody know a good option in Europe (Sweden)? Preferably something nice and thick but comfy (rather good isolation than openness)

Nov 28, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #1,490 of 1,529
Can anyone share a perspective or two with regards to how the Audio Technica ATH-3000ANV performs against the Fostex TH-X00?

I borrowed the TH900 from a friend for a week and compared them back & forth extensively.
In a nutshell i would decribe the Fostex as a 'V' shape type of sound with somewhat bloated bass - not tight. By comparison the W3000 is more mid centric or 'n' shape. Your musical tastes would determine a lot.

Edit: The TH900 reminded me of the Denon D2000/D7000 headphones which i used to own. They are very similar.
I sold the Denons and kept the W3000.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #1,491 of 1,529
Just wanted to say that I bought Dekoni's Choice Suede for Beyerdynamic DT series and ow my god what a difference in comfort! Soundwise I had velour which made the soundstage large, the bass weak and the isolation obviously bad. Plus they don't go well with cat-hear :wink: The stock ones are just too shallow for me, but make the sound quite intimate because of the distance between the speaker and your ear I guess. I did add a little elastic band between the wings to keep m nicely fitted on my ears. With Dekoni's Suede I feel a small increase in soundstage compared to the stock pads, due to a larger distance maybe?, quite tight bass (and a bit more of it) and very good isolation while keeping that lovely mid centric image. But dat comfort though... Recommended!
DSC_0078.JPG
Current source: rooted LG V30, Tidal (with Viper4Android when needed), Xduoo XD05 plus.

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #1,496 of 1,529
If you're very² careful, you can use swirl removing polish used for cars and also some carnuba wax after that. Only attempt as a last resort and only if you know what you're doing, else you're gonna make it worse....

I once restored a fairly abused and dull looking W11JPN back to perfect mirror finish. My all time favourite headphone...

The W3000anv is right up there in my top 5 along with the SR007 and SR‐Lamda Signatures... which is why I have hoarded multiples of some Audio Techinca Wooden headphones....
#TheHoardLife

May 13, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #1,500 of 1,529
Yeah that was a bad move. Collectible headphone are like crypto, they going up in value like crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back