The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread
Nov 20, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #1,141 of 1,529
for example, by using a midcentric preamp tube like mullard familly ecc 32 or 35 and PX4 powet tubes to keep all the dynamic and transparency. It's a real magic combination with the Fostex.... for my taste of course.

didn't know tubes came in different sonic flavors :wink:

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #1,144 of 1,529
I just acquired some W3000ANV's.   I am still messing around with the headband fit, but I love the sound signature.

Why didn't you guys tell me about these cans sooner!?!  You're all fired! 
mad.gif

P.S. I was a bit surprised when these arrived.  In many photos, you can easily see the wood grain.  However, in person, in normal room lighting conditions, I can't really see any wood grain patterns.  I can only see the wood grain under very bright light or camera flash.  Is this typical?   I do wish the beautiful wood grain stood out a bit more.

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #1,145 of 1,529
  I just acquired some W3000ANV's.   I am still messing around with the headband fit, but I love the sound signature.

Why didn't you guys tell me about these cans sooner!?!  You're all fired! 
mad.gif

P.S. I was a bit surprised when these arrived.  In many photos, you can easily see the wood grain.  However, in person, in normal room lighting conditions, I can't really see any wood grain patterns.  I can only see the wood grain under very bright light or camera flash.  Is this typical?   I do wish the beautiful wood grain stood out a bit more.

yes it's typical. don't worry.

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #1,146 of 1,529
We'll be pairing the HA5050H with the W3000ANV this weekend at the Singapore product launch and auditioning session. :D
I'll try my best to report back with my impressions.

Nov 27, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #1,149 of 1,529
  LIstening to a recent 24 bit live download on these(W3000anv) thru my Zana Deux amp. Just amazing.

i'm agree. tube amp can go my w3k  a step higher. I'll never sell this futur legendary headphone

Nov 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #1,152 of 1,529
Personnally, i don't think the W3000 is made for this kind of music. Audeze will be much better.

Nov 30, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #1,153 of 1,529
  BlakeT, in your experience of use W3000 with the amplifier IHA-1 it is good for extremal metal genres like black- or death- metal?

Hi Bratec!  I love the W3000/IHA-1 combination with all types of music.  It is absolutely magical with extreme metal genres.  I am listening to the Filosofem album by Burzum as I type this.  Last night, I listened to Vexovoid by Portal.  All through the W3000/IHA-1 combo. Great stuff!

I have a different view than most when it comes to statements about certain headphones being good for only particular music genres.  

When it gets to flagship level headphones or even good mid-level headphones, I personally don't buy into the theory of:  "If you like music genre x, then you need to listen only to headphone models x, y or z".  To me, at these levels, the frequency spectrum is, for the most part, covered.  So, it simply comes down to whether or not you like the sound signature of a particular headphone or headphone/amp combo.  

If you like a sound signature, you should like that sound signature with all types of music.  

Dec 2, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #1,154 of 1,529
Hi, BlakeT! Thanks for your answer. I like a sound signature W3000, really like, but...in my experience of use this headphones, they not fast enough for very dinamic metal genres with use blast beat and  tight guitar sound. On the other side, a classic rock and hard rock sounds very good. Of course, i not have so good amp like IHA-1:wink:
P.S. Sorry for my bad English!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back