1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by macedonianhero, Oct 4, 2012.
First

Back
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
Next

Last
  1. scott5526
    Lately I've been thinking about picking up a Svetlana 2 for my w3000anv[​IMG], but I wasn't sure what dac would mix well with the svetlana.  Anybody have any ideas?  

2. filuS
    So far I only had 2 DACs along side my Svetlana2 + W3000 combo - Matrix X-Sabre and Yulong DA8. If I had a chance to pick X-Sabre again, I wouldn't hesitate to ditch my DA8 any time of the day. But since both needed to be imported and I didn't want to go through all the troubles again, I am fine with DA8 for now. In couple of months I will be buying Auralic Vega anyway. In short - X-Sabre reveals more details, has slightly more air and space. It's not like DA8 is bad, not at all - I just prefer X-Sabre all the way with Svetlana2 and W3000 :)

3. r one
    recently i've tested the Beresford Caïman MkII with my w3000. I was impressed by the dynamic of this cheap combo dac/amp. Sound was very very pleasant and close to my stack violectric. But mids and treble were veiled in comparison with my violectric amp. What a pitty ! For the price, this Beresford do a very great job.

4. scott5526
    Thanks for your impressions!

5. walfredo

While I had them, the DAC that played better was the Aune T1 with good tubes.  I also tried Fiio X3, Geek Pulse, Peachtree Nova.

6. Ra97oR
    Posted a review wall of text about these headphones. Haven't been wow'd that much since the SR-009.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-w3000anv/reviews/12583

7. up late
    nice review. we hear this can similarly.

8. Dopaminer
    If anyone is searching for a 3000ANV, I have unearthed a new one here in Tokyo.  I`ll be putting it up for auction on Ebay, but feel free to pm me if you are interested.  It`s number 0638 and is not pre-owned . . .   

Some pics: https://www.flickr.com/gp/davad/5pJ53i/

David

9. paulchiu

Would you have one that is still factory sealed?

10. Dopaminer
    No, it`s been opened.  Probably the shop just wanted to get rid of it, so they opened packing box and put it in their used section. . . 

11. dreamwhisper
    Lol, that's bizarre logic. :frowning2:

12. Mach3
    Can you PM the listing?

13. Dopaminer

I also used to think so, but actually it`s totally logical and happens all the time here, and was explained to me by a manager at Apple Computer, Japan : distributors/manufacturers have strict rules limiting the amount a retailer can discount a new item.  There comes a point where the retailer can make more profit from selling old stock off at `used` prices, and ordering new stock, than if they hang on trying to sell their old stock at `authorized` prices.  That`s how I bought my Fitear Parterre.  As soon as I bought it from the shop`s used section, they simply opened another new one and put it in its place.  I purchased my MacBook Pro this same way - the inner packaging had never been opened, only the shipping box.  Another way for shops to get around this is simply by doing sudden, unadvertised `sales`, with below-the-limit prices.  If you go tech-shopping in Japan - audio, PCs, cameras, whatever -  you`ll find shops with remarkably low prices for brand-new, sealed items, written on post-it notes, totally temporary, not advertised on line, etc. 
    PM sent. 

tk3 likes this.
  14. up late
    that's gotta be the last new w3000anv on earth :wink:

15. Dopaminer

Well, for the sake of my auction, I hope so ! 

First

Back
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
Next

Last