The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread
Feb 13, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #1,171 of 1,529
Lately I've been thinking about picking up a Svetlana 2 for my w3000anv
atsmile.gif
, but I wasn't sure what dac would mix well with the svetlana.  Anybody have any ideas?  

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #1,172 of 1,529
So far I only had 2 DACs along side my Svetlana2 + W3000 combo - Matrix X-Sabre and Yulong DA8. If I had a chance to pick X-Sabre again, I wouldn't hesitate to ditch my DA8 any time of the day. But since both needed to be imported and I didn't want to go through all the troubles again, I am fine with DA8 for now. In couple of months I will be buying Auralic Vega anyway. In short - X-Sabre reveals more details, has slightly more air and space. It's not like DA8 is bad, not at all - I just prefer X-Sabre all the way with Svetlana2 and W3000 :)

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #1,173 of 1,529
recently i've tested the Beresford Caïman MkII with my w3000. I was impressed by the dynamic of this cheap combo dac/amp. Sound was very very pleasant and close to my stack violectric. But mids and treble were veiled in comparison with my violectric amp. What a pitty ! For the price, this Beresford do a very great job.

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #1,174 of 1,529
  So far I only had 2 DACs along side my Svetlana2 + W3000 combo - Matrix X-Sabre and Yulong DA8. If I had a chance to pick X-Sabre again, I wouldn't hesitate to ditch my DA8 any time of the day. But since both needed to be imported and I didn't want to go through all the troubles again, I am fine with DA8 for now. In couple of months I will be buying Auralic Vega anyway. In short - X-Sabre reveals more details, has slightly more air and space. It's not like DA8 is bad, not at all - I just prefer X-Sabre all the way with Svetlana2 and W3000 :)

Thanks for your impressions!

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #1,175 of 1,529
  Lately I've been thinking about picking up a Svetlana 2 for my w3000anv
atsmile.gif
, but I wasn't sure what dac would mix well with the svetlana.  Anybody have any ideas?  

While I had them, the DAC that played better was the Aune T1 with good tubes.  I also tried Fiio X3, Geek Pulse, Peachtree Nova.

Feb 17, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #1,176 of 1,529
Posted a review wall of text about these headphones. Haven't been wow'd that much since the SR-009.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-w3000anv/reviews/12583

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #1,178 of 1,529
If anyone is searching for a 3000ANV, I have unearthed a new one here in Tokyo.  I`ll be putting it up for auction on Ebay, but feel free to pm me if you are interested.  It`s number 0638 and is not pre-owned . . .   

Some pics: https://www.flickr.com/gp/davad/5pJ53i/

David

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #1,179 of 1,529
  If anyone is searching for a 3000ANV, I have unearthed a new one here in Tokyo.  I`ll be putting it up for auction on Ebay, but feel free to pm me if you are interested.  It`s number 0638 and is not pre-owned . . .   

Some pics: https://www.flickr.com/gp/davad/5pJ53i/

David

Would you have one that is still factory sealed?

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #1,180 of 1,529
No, it`s been opened.  Probably the shop just wanted to get rid of it, so they opened packing box and put it in their used section. . . 

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #1,183 of 1,529
  Lol, that's bizarre logic. :frowning2:

I also used to think so, but actually it`s totally logical and happens all the time here, and was explained to me by a manager at Apple Computer, Japan : distributors/manufacturers have strict rules limiting the amount a retailer can discount a new item.  There comes a point where the retailer can make more profit from selling old stock off at `used` prices, and ordering new stock, than if they hang on trying to sell their old stock at `authorized` prices.  That`s how I bought my Fitear Parterre.  As soon as I bought it from the shop`s used section, they simply opened another new one and put it in its place.  I purchased my MacBook Pro this same way - the inner packaging had never been opened, only the shipping box.  Another way for shops to get around this is simply by doing sudden, unadvertised `sales`, with below-the-limit prices.  If you go tech-shopping in Japan - audio, PCs, cameras, whatever -  you`ll find shops with remarkably low prices for brand-new, sealed items, written on post-it notes, totally temporary, not advertised on line, etc. 
  Can you PM the listing?

PM sent. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back