The Audio Lounge
Nov 19, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #21,346 of 36,079
sorry, long forgotten...

Nov 19, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #21,347 of 36,079
nose.jpg

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #21,348 of 36,079
Just a lot going on.
Kinda hunkering down and averting my eyes from the deals going along for Black Friday...waiting for the R3 Pro but also looking to get a new speaker and amp system for my car. I had to get rid of the Passat and got a 2019 Honda Civic Sport. Fun little car but sound system sucks. Needs an audio system and trying with all my might not to go overboard here.

It brings back the days of Car Audio Competitions and tricking out every last sound detail. Full component speakers up front, complementary speakers in the rear, dedicated sub and a couple multi-channel amps and passive EQs and a shiny head unit. Checking on reflections/resonances and Time/Frequency analysis. Pushing SPLs way beyond the threshold of pain. @OldDude04 knows of what I speak.

No, I can't do all that. Just looking for a simple speaker replacement for the doors, a 4-channel amp driving them and maybe a amplified passive sub under the driver's seat. Got to keep the head unit and no cutting of the dash. Everything has to be easy drop-ins. It'll sound leagues better than what I have now. Should put a smile on my face. I'll feel like a teenager again.
Lol my 2015 Mazda 6 has:
Pioneer 2300 double din
Focal PS165v1 comps (stock Bose rear fill) powered by a JL VX400/4i (amp/DSP combo)

Custom 15in sub on a Wolfram 3K amp with a spare trunk battery.

My car is a bass haven, I guess that's where I get fix at and only need adequate bass for my headphones lol

Nov 20, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #21,351 of 36,079
How do you think Lindsay's cables compare to other cables you have?
I dont have any expensive cables but I find his work to be equal my EA Ares/Ares Ii and PW No5 cables. Nice beaud, supple feeling no micophonics. I have an SPC cable, small interconnect and had an HD650 xlr cable. I would not hesitate to purchase from him if I needed a cable mow that he's back.

Nov 20, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #21,352 of 36,079
WOW: Song

Nov 20, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #21,357 of 36,079
Ive got a couple if Lindsay's cables, very nice work you will enjoy. Back to my quest of an objective Argon review. I can wait,been waiting to decide for months, I have tons of patience 38 years in IT teaches you at least that.
Well we may be in luck. I think I found another pair of Argons. Waiting for a reply from the seller.

On another note, I was reading about the T60 Argons and these are supposed to be even better than the T50 based Argons. I bought a stock pair of T60s and hated them. But the guy at Modhouse is supposed to be a guru with Fostex drivers.

The reason I'm going for the Argons is because of my experience with Mr Speakers and ZMF T50 mods. I really miss the ZMF Zebrawood Blackwood's I had. They sounded exactly like a pair of LCD-2s I had at the time. I had to sell all of them because of my neck surgery. To heavy and caused pain. Now I'm sporting IEMs and light over ears. I'm loving the LCD-1 by the way.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #21,359 of 36,079

Users who are viewing this thread

Back