The Audio Lounge
Jul 7, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #8,761 of 36,037
The whole packaging screams chifi. The surface finish of the shell is not what I would expect from a 500 bucks inear, have a look at campfire audio, that's what it should look like.

The case is a bad joke in this price range. The pin alignment is a design failure and why is no balanced cable supplied?

Maybe the same drivers equipped like the Artiste DC1 for 50$.

Even a MP80 have 3 tuning nozzles and a better case for 80$.

I don't think it's worth the called price.

Can't realy comment on the build as I have not seen in the flesh but as I said it looks just like any trinity iem I have bought.

Jul 7, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #8,762 of 36,037
Speaking of the tragedy audio I read the review on IMRr1 on the front page, even the packaging and boxing accessories look the same as a trinity product.

The whole packaging screams chifi. The surface finish of the shell is not what I would expect from a 500 bucks inear, have a look at campfire audio, that's what it should look like.

The case is a bad joke in this price range. The pin alignment is a design failure and why is no balanced cable supplied?

Maybe the same drivers equipped like the Artiste DC1 for 50$.

Even a MP80 have 3 tuning nozzles and a better case for 80$.

I don't think it's worth the called price.

The R1 package does have a Trinity feel to it when you open it, but it really doesn't feel cheap at all. It's like Trinity but better. As for the IEM itself, with the black filters and turned to open it's really damn good to me. I have major issues with Trinity, and I don't know whether IMR is just Trinity by another name or not, but the R1 is the best thing that fiasco of a situation ever turned out IMO.

Also, @grs8, mine came with a balanced cable, did they stop including one?

Jul 7, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #8,763 of 36,037
I
The R1 package does have a Trinity feel to it when you open it, but it really doesn't feel cheap at all. It's like Trinity but better. As for the IEM itself, with the black filters and turned to open it's really damn good to me. I have major issues with Trinity, and I don't know whether IMR is just Trinity by another name or not, but the R1 is the best thing that fiasco of a situation ever turned out IMO.

Also, @grs8, mine came with a balanced cable, did they stop including one?

Hey I'm honestly glad anybody who bought them is happy with them it would be worse if they were a pile of rubbish, we all have our opinion on imr/ trinity and mines pretty clear but I'm glad those that did take the chance got a good product.

Jul 7, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #8,764 of 36,037
Hey I'm honestly glad anybody who bought them is happy with them it would be worse if they were a pile of rubbish, we all have our opinion on imr/ trinity and mines pretty clear but I'm glad those that did take the chance got a good product.

Sometimes listening to them makes me a bit sad though, because I think of what really could have been if TAE wasn't the fustercluck it turned out to be, lol. I can't help but think under different management, it might have been something pretty epic.

Jul 7, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #8,765 of 36,037
I really like the Trinity stuff that I got, they even sent me an extra pair of Sabres by mistake once! (Instead of a pair of filters that were missing) The Icarus III that I was listening to earlier is still a great sounding iem to me.

Jul 7, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #8,768 of 36,037
Jul 7, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #8,769 of 36,037
The description at the IMR webshop stated only

No balanced cable is mentioned.

Hmm, guess it was dropped at some point. It's ok though, because the one big fault the IMR R1's have are the cables. They are super rubbery, stiff, and they have a mind of their own never sitting how you want it to. So you wouldn't want to use any included balanced cable anyway, lol.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #8,771 of 36,037
I really like the Trinity stuff that I got, they even sent me an extra pair of Sabres by mistake once! (Instead of a pair of filters that were missing) The Icarus III that I was listening to earlier is still a great sounding iem to me.

Sabres were definitely the good old days.

I think that more people would have given Bob's IMR Audio a shot if he'd started with an IEM similar to the Sabre. A less expensive but great option to let people sample his sound but not cost $700 out of the gate. Hell, he should probably still do something like that, because the R1 doesn't seem to have sold like hotcakes, not if you can go by the Massdrop comments anyway, lol.

Jul 7, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #8,772 of 36,037
I think that more people would have given Bob's IMR Audio a shot if he'd started with an IEM similar to the Sabre. A less expensive but great option to let people sample his sound but not cost $700 out of the gate. Hell, he should probably still do something like that, because the R1 doesn't seem to have sold like hotcakes, not if you can go by the Massdrop comments anyway, lol.

Agreed ...but there are others like myself that have no intention of putting a dime his way, I am in the imr is trinity camp I'm afraid ...but this has no reflection on anybody else's judgement call and to each there own .

Jul 7, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #8,773 of 36,037
I know Clutch. :)

You will maybe like Orange Goblin, Kadaver, Lonely Kamel, Gentleman Pistols, The New Roses.

I have heard some Orange Goblin and Gentleman Pistols. I like them a bunch. I'll have to check out Kadaver, Lonely Kamel and The New Roses.

Jul 7, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #8,774 of 36,037
Enjoyed the videos guys, quite a difference after just listening to Norah Jones

Norah Jones is definitely different.

Have you guys heard Loathe? The lead singer goes from growl to clean and back seamlessly. Some good metal.

I checked out the video. Like the music. The vocals are not my preference.

Speaking of metal, I have been on a Gojira crush for some time

I really liked the Gojira. I'm going to have to check out more and see if they are a new band for me to pursue.[/QUOTE]

Jul 7, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #8,775 of 36,037
Norah Jones is definitely different.

I checked out the video. Like the music. The vocals are not my preference.

I really liked the Gojira. I'm going to have to check out more and see if they are a new band for me to pursue.
[/QUOTE]
This very song is coming from what is considered as their best album: From Mars To Sirius, but if it is the prog metal vibe you are looking for, their latest album, Magma, is absolutely brilliant.

Here is another one from the From Mars To Sirius album, guaranteed to move a crowd every time they play it in concert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back