The Audio Lounge
Oct 30, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #4,516 of 36,204
Not exactly what I had in mind.. I'm not really that familiar with the North Korean situation, but it really makes one wonder that if all the countries that are currently benefiting of North Korea, would stop what ever they doing, would it be enough to collapse the system.

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #4,517 of 36,204
My "Magic Welcome Mat" is going to get a visitor today:

ShoHi.png

Oct 30, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #4,518 of 36,204
My "Magic Welcome Mat" is going to get a visitor today:

They have landed. I'd read some reviews and a few had said the Hibiki was bass light. I can't agree with that at all. Using the stock tips, I tried the Shozy from just my LG G5 without an amp and you could hear that the Hibiki will reach deep. I can't wait to sit down and tip roll with these on an amp. And as a bonus, they are gorgeous and feel super well built. All that for $60, color me impressed so far.

shohi2.jpg

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #4,519 of 36,204
I'm really glad I bought the Shozy Hibiki. I needed a single dynamic driver IEM to remind me what can be done with one driver. A great sound stage with lush mids (female vocals sound amazing) and forward treble but not sibilant. The lows are seal dependent for sure, but I'm using Symbio Wide Bore tips and the seal allows the Hibiki to hit clean and low with good speed while staying out of the mids. In my opinion, they are a good all-arounder, and phenomenal for the money.

Edit: I do wish it came with a case. But, like a bunch of us addicts, I have extra IEM cases sitting around, lol.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #4,521 of 36,204
I'm really glad I bought the Shozy Hibiki. I needed a single dynamic driver IEM to remind me what can be done with one driver. A great sound stage with lush mids (female vocals sound amazing) and forward treble but not sibilant. The lows are seal dependent for sure, but I'm using Symbio Wide Bore tips and the seal allows the Hibiki to hit clean and low with good speed while staying out of the mids. In my opinion, they are a good all-arounder, and phenomenal for the money.

Edit: I do wish it came with a case. But, like a bunch of us addicts, I have extra IEM cases sitting around, lol.
Sounds to me like a nice alternative to the Pinnacle P2. P2's been my dynamic driver IEM. I think it's the most expensive IEM I own that's solely a dynamic driver. And I've reached for it more than any IEM in my collection since I bought it over a month ago. Yeah, having some of those pricier high-end IEMs are nice, but there are some IEMs in the $50-100 range that remind you that you don't need to have all the dollar bills to get some lovely sounds.

Oct 30, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #4,522 of 36,204
Oh my I just got the Oppo PM-2 and you do this:)

The PM-3 left me a little cold when I had them, but always wondered about the signature of the PM-2. What is the general sound signature like?

Oct 30, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #4,523 of 36,204
I believe they tweaked the low end a bit and calmed the treble, I have only had them a few days but think I prefer them to my HifiMan 400i

Oct 30, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #4,524 of 36,204
The PM-3 left me a little cold when I had them, but always wondered about the signature of the PM-2. What is the general sound signature like?

Ditto on the PM3. I've got the loaner pair from Oppo right now and while they've got really great imaging I'm not blown away like I was hoping I would be. The best I can say for them is that I can put them on and forget I've got them on. But I also forget I'm listening to music. I've started "critical listening" sessions with them and just gotten bored and distracted. Next thing I know It's 4 songs later and I don't remember what I was supposed to be listening to.

Oct 31, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #4,526 of 36,204
Old skool shozy dap in the house with yall!!!

@Hawaiibadboy
Joining your crew with the shozy alien+

Oh god some albums take forever to scroll all manually by buttons lol.

The nav system makes my head ache but the sound is amazing. I have seen a couple reviews which were lukewarm re sound which further cements my belief they are not reviewers but promoters who promote whatever item will lead them to getting more items.

The Beatles remasters sound better on Shozy+ than X7II or DX200 (using ex1000) IMO

Oct 31, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #4,527 of 36,204
The nav system makes my head ache but the sound is amazing. I have seen a couple reviews which were lukewarm re sound which further cements my belief they are not reviewers but promoters who promote whatever item will lead them to getting more items.

The Beatles remasters sound better on Shozy+ than X7II or DX200 (using ex1000) IMO
I definitely agree nav system is very very...not user friendly. But it's got a very nice shozy sound.

Definitely going to listen to beatles remasters now.

Oct 31, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #4,528 of 36,204
I definitely agree nav system is very very...not user friendly. But it's got a very nice shozy sound.

Definitely going to listen to beatles remasters now.

I think it is White album actually

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dear_Prudence

The bass line (Shozy has no EQ) is just so weighty and potent. Love listening to that on the Shozy +

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #4,529 of 36,204
Ok I've read quite a threads now and have narrowed my investment between the Mee audio P2 and the Moni One (100 vs 85eu).
Or perhaps, not going as high of an upgrade from my kz ZS5v2 / Swing IE800 /XE800 (mini budget here), and settle for the BGVP DM5 or the SHOZY Hibiki in the 60eu.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be many with the Moni One to do a direct comparison.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #4,530 of 36,204
Anyone here heard the Focal Sphear S? Loving the Elear, and need a new gym pair - liking the look of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back