The Audio Lounge
Oct 27, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #4,486 of 36,382
well, since I admit that I have no control, I just purchased the 64 Audio U8. Expect sometime next week. Really stoked to hear this...I may need to sell an organ or some other gear, but new gear acquisition is so very fun.

Nice. If you have any higher output impedance Audio gear, make sure you try them on there as well as the standard low-OI DAPs most people have. They sound pretty good and bay or if most of my DAPs, but pairing them with the Shanling M2S (just shy of 5 ohms OI) takes the bass a little and opens up the rest of the sound for me. Beautiful pairing. I believe they were tuned with stage gear in mind, which typically has a higher OI.

Hope you enjoy them!

Oct 27, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #4,487 of 36,382
well, since I admit that I have no control, I just purchased the 64 Audio U8. Expect sometime next week. Really stoked to hear this...I may need to sell an organ or some other gear, but new gear acquisition is so very fun.

LeXoA_s-200x150.gif

I feel you...

Oct 27, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #4,488 of 36,382
Nice. If you have any higher output impedance Audio gear, make sure you try them on there as well as the standard low-OI DAPs most people have. They sound pretty good and bay or if most of my DAPs, but pairing them with the Shanling M2S (just shy of 5 ohms OI) takes the bass a little and opens up the rest of the sound for me. Beautiful pairing. I believe they were tuned with stage gear in mind, which typically has a higher OI.

Hope you enjoy them!

I read that too about stage gear. I will be using with my X3iii and X5iii primarily and those both have low OI. I used to own a Shanling M2 v1 and liked it but just the opposite that most of my IEMs sounded horrible. I have stayed with units that offered lower OI as a rule. Will have to see how they scale with my Bimby and Lyr 2. I will post some initial impressions once I get them.

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #4,489 of 36,382
I read that too about stage gear. I will be using with my X3iii and X5iii primarily and those both have low OI. I used to own a Shanling M2 v1 and liked it but just the opposite that most of my IEMs sounded horrible. I have stayed with units that offered lower OI as a rule. Will have to see how they scale with my Bimby and Lyr 2. I will post some initial impressions once I get them.

Listening to these at the moment as I'm spending some time this weekend working on a handful of reviews I've got 3/4 written. Great smooth and layered sound, and definitely bassier through my low OI sources.

Got a weekend of listening to these, EE Athena, Audioquest Nightowl and Focal Elear to look forward to. It's a tough life sometimes! :wink:

Oct 28, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #4,490 of 36,382
we just hit 300 pages? Very nice. I love this place...

Oct 28, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #4,491 of 36,382
I just want to let everyone know that I'm doing my best to cast a whammy on any impeding snow for the near future. I just bought a new snow blower today. Hopefully, won't see any significant snowfall in the North East until maybe February...

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #4,494 of 36,382
As much as I love snowboarding. I wouldnt be able to live in a state that snowed all the time.

Gotta love california. I can go boarding then hit the beach on the same day.
:/ live near SF. We got like over 48 piers to choose from for the beach. Lots of them got some yucky motor oil and algae stuffys in em. But you will smell like algae I guess :D

Oct 28, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #4,497 of 36,382
Hehe. That's funny. It can get so cold here, some areas of your body freeze that really shouldn't. That's why I got a snow blower so we can get to warmer areas...and we don't even have it so bad. Ask the folks in Michigan, Wisconsin and and Minnesota.

Oct 28, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #4,498 of 36,382
Hehe. That's funny. It can get so cold here, some areas of your body freeze that really shouldn't. That's why I got a snow blower so we can get to warmer areas...and we don't even have it so bad. Ask the folks in Michigan, Wisconsin and and Minnesota.

What's the coldest you've gotten? Just curious.

Oct 28, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #4,499 of 36,382
Have a friend that works as an EMT in Minnesota. He said if a person is in a car wreck when it is -40, they will do anything required to get them out quick. Including breaking a leg, etc. They have about 5 min, after which the victim won't make it.

Oct 29, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #4,500 of 36,382

Users who are viewing this thread

Back