The Audio Lounge
Nov 2, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #4,546 of 36,382
Whelp, I shot my dreams of the m1060 in the foot today by dropping my big coin on the Sony WH1000mx2. The price was too darn good (Amazon Warehouse @ $275) and I've got quite a few trips coming up where ANC will be useful.

Also, I trialed a pair of open cans at home the other day and my wife was like "HOW *$@&(ING LOUD ARE YOUR HEADPHONES?". So until I make a dedicated headphone listening space in my house it's closed back and IEMs for me.

Nov 2, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #4,547 of 36,382
Whelp, I shot my dreams of the m1060 in the foot today by dropping my big coin on the Sony WH1000mx2. The price was too darn good (Amazon Warehouse @ $275) and I've got quite a few trips coming up where ANC will be useful.

Also, I trialed a pair of open cans at home the other day and my wife was like "HOW *$@&(ING LOUD ARE YOUR HEADPHONES?". So until I make a dedicated headphone listening space in my house it's closed back and IEMs for me.
Install foams in your room and lock all doors & windows when listening.
Should work.

Nov 2, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #4,548 of 36,382
One other thing I'd like to add to your decisions: you'll probably want to buy a new cable if you get the P2. My total came out to the P2 for $100 plus $15 for a new cable. The stock cable on the P2 is not good, to me at least. It's not very flexible and it has a ton of memory character to it. So what if an IEM's shell is ergonomic? Ergonomics flies out the window if the cable attached to it is the exact opposite.
For reference, this is the cable I'm currently using on my P2.
Thanks. I've hears that the cable was rubbery. Currernly, 've added pioneer sh9t and toneking nine tails on my research list on top of moni one and mer audio p2. This price range is new to me.

still enjoying my kz zs5 with new kz spiral blue tips. Takes away some harshness in the treble.

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #4,550 of 36,382

I mean, still not a bad way to spend the money :D

Anyone heard the Ultimate Ears UE900? They just went up on Massdrop for $174.99.
If they aren't any different than when I heard them a couple years ago (and I have no reason to to see why they should be any different, same model), then I would personally pass on it. They're pretty good, kind of a darkish IEM (from my inaccurate memory), though I don't know if it had anything to do with what my daily driver was at the time. It was appropriately priced back then when it was generally in the $300ish range depending on where and when you looked for one, but these days, I feel it has a lot of competition, even in the MD price. And ergonomically, shell shape wasn't the best.

Nov 3, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #4,551 of 36,382
I felt bad for them for them for quite some time. I'm not really feeling that anymore after my recent dealings. My right Phantom Master blew, and I contacted Trinity for warranty service. I was told to ship them to Trinity and they would repair or replace my unit. I sent it out the beginning of September with tracking, and via the Royal Mail site they arrived on Sept 18th. A week after that, I emailed and asked the status of my repair and was told they'd never received my Masters. I had some more correspondence with Trinity without any satisfaction, so I contacted Royal Mail via Phone and checked to be sure they IEMs arrived. I was informed they had definitely been delivered on first attempt to the Trinity offices. After informing Trinity of this yet again, I was told they'd "look around" for them, over a month after they were delivered... I hold no hope out at this point, and sadly, because the item was delivered, I'm unable to file any insurance claim. I'm out my Masters, the cost of shipping with tracking from the US to the UK and $23 for a phone call to Royal Mail. So you can see why I no longer feel bad, lol.

Update: I received the email below from Kieran this morning. I want to believe I'll get a working pair of Masters. I fear that I'll get mine back as they were. And of course, I still wonder where my headphones were at their office that they couldn't be found until now, over a month later, lol.

Well, my journey with Trinity has come to an end. Today I received the package Kieran sent. It wasn't a replacement Master like I thought I was getting, it was an Icarus III. Not the exact result I wanted, but hey, at least I'm not completely out of a set of headphones. I guess I'll put these new Icarus III's away in case anything happens to my current pair.

Nov 3, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #4,552 of 36,382
I want my journey with them to come to an end, but they're not letting me part yet. :frowning2:

Nov 3, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #4,553 of 36,382
Well, my journey with Trinity has come to an end. Today I received the package Kieran sent. It wasn't a replacement Master like I thought I was getting, it was an Icarus III. Not the exact result I wanted, but hey, at least I'm not completely out of a set of headphones. I guess I'll put these new Icarus III's away in case anything happens to my current pair.
It's a working pair of Icarus III's, right? Last thing you need is to eventually find a reason to break those out and find one ear was dead all along :p. I'm still waiting on an Air and Icarus I; both considered write-offs for a while now, so just kinda whatever at this point.

Nov 3, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #4,554 of 36,382
It's a working pair of Icarus III's, right? Last thing you need is to eventually find a reason to break those out and find one ear was dead all along :p. I'm still waiting on an Air and Icarus I; both considered write-offs for a while now, so just kinda whatever at this point.

Lol, I was thinking the exact same way. And to my surprise, yes, they are working. The first thing I did after opening them was to put them through their paces. I'm still waiting for an Icarus 1 too, and either it arrives or it doesn't. I don't hold out much hope, and have written it off like you.

Nov 3, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #4,555 of 36,382
I actually managed to get a refund on my Icarus I surprisingly. Got my £20 back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back