The Audio Lounge
Aug 22, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #1,996 of 36,056
BTW - I'm not picking on you either Jae :)

I just find it interesting that despite everything they do, they're still slated. Yet I often see more expensive devices from other companies with inferior features and not much support treated like darlings. Just makes an interesting discussion.
I apologize for that too. I also respect fiio for making affordable high quality devices where people can purchase at a lower cost than usual on the market.

I'm that kinda person that is affected by a tribal mentality lol.
If someone in here got a bad product from Campfire. they would be hearing from me too!!!
jk jk :p

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #1,997 of 36,056
People only complain when something goes wrong but others are usually silent when it is all going perfectly and they are carefree

Aug 22, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #1,998 of 36,056

I just find it interesting that despite everything they do, they're still slated. Yet I often see more expensive devices from other companies with inferior features and not much support treated like darlings. Just makes an interesting discussion.

I've only ever had one issue with a FiiO product. The K5 amp I bought was defective, had a lifeless sound and had some static. Amazon took it back, so I can't speak to the FiiO customer service. However, someone would have to do bodily harm to me to get my E17k, lol. I just got my daughter one for her AKG IEMs and she's loving it. She's trying to now convert her friends away from Beats, lol.

Aug 22, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #1,999 of 36,056
I've only ever had one issue with a FiiO product. The K5 amp I bought was defective, had a lifeless sound and had some static. Amazon took it back, so I can't speak to the FiiO customer service. However, someone would have to do bodily harm to me to get my E17k, lol. I just got my daughter one for her AKG IEMs and she's loving it. She's trying to now convert her friends away from Beats, lol.

Influence one and when they're sold on it, they go out to change the world. She's saving lives!

Aug 22, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #2,002 of 36,056

Not in here you're not. In the IEM/Ear Bud Lounge everyone gets slated equally.

If anything, this is the fight club of head-fi. You get your knuckles bloody, spit out some teeth, and laugh about it.

Just wait until I have time to tell you guys about the machining on the OPUS#1 metals SD slots...

1vCm2il.jpg

Aug 22, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #2,003 of 36,056

If anything, this is the fight club of head-fi. You get your knuckles bloody, spit out some teeth, and laugh about it.

Just wait until I have time to tell you guys about the machining on the OPUS#1 metals SD slots...

Is it even metal though ???? I thought it was plastic.
Well the flap for SD card slots lol

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #2,004 of 36,056
The only complaint I've had about Fiio so far is that their 2-pin replacement cable is stiff and microphonic. Otherwise, I've always had the impression of them being a great company with good products. And after they launched their IEM endeavor with the EX1, they're expanding and releasing more stuff. Exciting times to be a Fiio consumer IMO.

Aug 22, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #2,005 of 36,056

You forgot about the part where you cry over your wallet :D

Aug 22, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #2,006 of 36,056
The only complaint I've had about Fiio so far is that their 2-pin replacement cable is stiff and microphonic. Otherwise, I've always had the impression of them being a great company with good products. And after they launched their IEM endeavor with the EX1, they're expanding and releasing more stuff. Exciting times to be a Fiio consumer IMO.
Fiio X7ii is really good too, the specs are tough to beat for that $649 price

Aug 23, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #2,007 of 36,056
The only thing I disliked about my x5 was the choice of BT and wifi chipset they picked for the device. And the fact I have a defective screen... Otherwise it has done me good. Obviously, being an Android tinkerer I would have enjoyed more freedom on the OS side, but I do understand why they did it the way they did...

On another note, got a message back from 64 audio. If I order the U8, they will send me a demo U6 as well. :wink: All I have to do is ship back the one I won't keep at my expense. :) Pretty neat! Will call them tomorrow.

Aug 23, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #2,010 of 36,056
Crazy? No. Broke? Yes, lol. Who are we to judge, we're all neck deep in this hobby/addiction. :p
Shoot lol!!! There goes my hobby money that I allocated last month lmao.

It was meant for bowling and fine dining and sightseeing and other expensive activities my co workers like to do. I can always cancel them and be secluded on my flickering laptop screen at home with all of you lol. :p
And be 1'200 and 1'100 poorer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back