The Audio Lounge
Apr 18, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #14,402 of 36,032

Apr 18, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #14,404 of 36,032
I tidied my clutter up

LOL, I do that all the time then next day I’ve decided to start rolling cables to see if I hear a difference and the table is covered again! I guess it’s that purdy cable on those Buds that grant you grace Mr. 90%:wink: I have to give the brains of my team TJMaxx and DSW gift cards:smirk:
@Richsvt Sorry, I’ll see if I can post a centerfold shot of them tomorrow:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 18, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #14,405 of 36,032
Ooo, a centerfold...

Apr 19, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #14,406 of 36,032
Ooo, a centerfold...

I like that S16 you have, I bought Jim's (NICEHCK's) 16 core which outside the connectors looks the same, yeah I know many of you have had issues with HCK so don't spend a lot of type on it (Like Trinity I've never had a bad deal with Jim!)

So not sure if this is Centerfold quality Rich but I don't have a wide angle lens:rolling_eyes:

1 G 3.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #14,407 of 36,032
I like that S16 you have, I bought Jim's (NICEHCK's) 16 core which outside the connectors looks the same, yeah I know many of you have had issues with HCK so don't spend a lot of type on it

Issues? No issues here. We have so much stuff from Jim. He is awesome!

Apr 19, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #14,408 of 36,032
Issues? No issues here. We have so much stuff from Jim. He is awesome!

Well I think there is a whole crowd of DIY guys who have issues with the Hexin(sp) group of HCK, never really decided if it's Jim directly they have issue with or just one of there offspring groups. I've never had an issue with Jim however his/their N3 Piezoelectric iem's did not hit on all cylinders:disappointed: Was looking forward to a nice Piezo iem:smirk:

Apr 19, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #14,409 of 36,032
I just love the blue on the DMG, thanks @Podster. I do like that cable...was thinking of getting a hybrid for the DMG

Apr 19, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #14,410 of 36,032
I've never had an issue with Jim however his/their N3 Piezoelectric iem's did not hit on all cylinders:disappointed: Was looking forward to a nice Piezo iem:smirk:

I have the Artiste DC1 which has that...and the Zenith. Many people are liking the **** but I have not heard it...even though it is sitting in a cupboard at my husband's desk and he has been away at work all week... due home soon.

Funny you mention the N3. I actually love it! It needs some power and a good source. Seems like some of the reviewers were using phones as a source or lower powered daps. Did you try it? Because of all the criticism I would hesitate to recommend it. I have not worn any other over ear style iem that is as comfortable for me .. .using the stock cable which is very ergonomic. It is currently burning in at my desk and has somewhere between 100 and 200 hours at this point. I wish it belonged to me.

Apr 19, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #14,411 of 36,032
I have the Artiste DC1 which has that...and the Zenith. Many people are liking the **** but I have not heard it...even though it is sitting in a cupboard at my husband's desk and he has been away at work all week... due home soon.

Funny you mention the N3. I actually love it! It needs some power and a good source. Seems like some of the reviewers were using phones as a source or lower powered daps. Did you try it? Because of all the criticism I would hesitate to recommend it. I have not worn any other over ear style iem that is as comfortable for me .. .using the stock cable which is very ergonomic. It is currently burning in at my desk and has somewhere between 100 and 200 hours at this point. I wish it belonged to me.

Yeah, I never gave it a chance I guess and did not even think to put some real juice to it. Gave it to one of our Departments Interns and he seems to like it, I may have to give it another try (wait, that means I have to buy another pair now):rolling_eyes: "Jane.............................stop this crazy thing":scream: I'm now reminded I need to cue up a little Ozzie "Crazy Train":wink:

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #14,412 of 36,032
Well I think there is a whole crowd of DIY guys who have issues with the Hexin(sp) group of HCK, never really decided if it's Jim directly they have issue with or just one of there offspring groups. I've never had an issue with Jim however his/their N3 Piezoelectric iem's did not hit on all cylinders:disappointed: Was looking forward to a nice Piezo iem:smirk:

My nicehck 16 core cable is great for 26$, no issues there. What annoyed me though is buying the nicehck F3 and learn it had no cable AFTER it shipped even though the site said it did, that Jim recommended an mmcx cable to then say "OH SORRY 2PIN" when I called him out... Just that was irritating experience wise.

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #14,413 of 36,032
My nicehck 16 core cable is great for 26$, no issues there. What annoyed me though is buying the nicehck F3 and learn it had no cable AFTER it shipped even though the site said it did, that Jim recommended an mmcx cable to then say "OH SORRY 2PIN" when I called him out... Just that was irritating experience wise.

I understand your issue however as I mentioned Jim has always been good with me, I had ordered his sweet red/silver 8 core for his Gray M6's and it had a bad channel and he did a quick exchange with me. I think I've said it before but his M6 at least to my old ears sound every bit as good as Rich's pretty blue DMG's:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Oh sorry again @Richsvt ):flushed:

ES100 M6 X 8 Core.JPG

You know I think it was a few pages back these in transparent were mentioned and I concur they are sweet in the clear shells:yum: Would IMO look better with print/text taken off:rolling_eyes:

BGVP DM6 in Transparent.jpg

Apr 19, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #14,414 of 36,032
I understand your issue however as I mentioned Jim has always been good with me, I had ordered his sweet red/silver 8 core for his Gray M6's and it had a bad channel and he did a quick exchange with me. I think I've said it before but his M6 at least to my old ears sound every bit as good as Rich's pretty blue DMG's:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Oh sorry again @Richsvt ):flushed:

You know I think it was a few pages back these in transparent were mentioned and I concur they are sweet in the clear shells:yum: Would IMO look better with print/text taken off:rolling_eyes:

To be honest, it's my first Nicehck venture and I went all in with the F3 due to the non standard driver config and sexy shell. So I'll give him a chance, obviously. But customer experience wise, he's gonna get A LOT of complaints with this order... They'll learn, I guess. :wink:

As soon as I'm back from vacation, I'll cable shop again and see if I buy a better cable from either penon or Nicehck. We'll see.

Apr 19, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #14,415 of 36,032
To be honest, it's my first Nicehck venture and I went all in with the F3 due to the non standard driver config and sexy shell. So I'll give him a chance, obviously. But customer experience wise, he's gonna get A LOT of complaints with this order... They'll learn, I guess. :wink:

As soon as I'm back from vacation, I'll cable shop again and see if I buy a better cable from either penon or Nicehck. We'll see.

Have you already received your F3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back