The Audio Lounge
Jan 23, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #13,054 of 36,079
WOW blast from the past

I love hearing different artists who've played this song over the years. I posted up Joe Cocker's version for my WoW. Have you heard Haley Reinhart's version?

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #13,056 of 36,079
That one I have not but it's from 2017 and I am still trying to play catch up with 2016. I do however like these versions below

I have the first two at home and the third I heard a couple times in Jamaica visiting a friend.

Ok, you got me with the Wailers cover, I'd never heard it before. Awesome beachy vibe. :thumbsup:

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #13,057 of 36,079
WOW:

Another sweet and wistful number from this Scottish songsmith :)

Something completely different, for the hip-hop fans out there :)

And ending on a high, a song I loved when I first heard it and which has grown on me (and which I've taken more seriously) since I really listened to the lyrics and read interviews about their meaning. Just a sweeping, epic piece of pop with gorgeously thick Scottish accents :D

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #13,060 of 36,079
@jerick70 is selling his DX200Ti, if your quick, you could bag an extremely rare beast. I’ve got one and doubt very much I’ll ever sell it, it’s that good. But that’s my opinion lol
Thanks for mentioning my DX200Ti, Mate!

They are going to have to hurry because I'm having second thoughts again....

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #13,062 of 36,079
Thanks for mentioning my DX200Ti, Mate!

They are going to have to hurry because I'm having second thoughts again....
Haha thought you might, Ive been using mine with the Vega/ @majo123 cable and it feels like I’ve rediscovered something in the Vega I’ve never heard before....this is a seriously awesome set up and I’m loving every note.
This thing is rocking and it’s also a piece of audio history :L3000::L3000::L3000:

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #13,063 of 36,079
Haha thought you might, Ive been using mine with the Vega/ @majo123 cable and it feels like I’ve rediscovered something in the Vega I’ve never heard before....this is a seriously awesome set up and I’m loving every note.
This thing is rocking and it’s also a piece of audio history :L3000::L3000::L3000:
Did you see the new DX220 that is just around the corner? Interesting option. I wonder if iBasso will offer it in special additions like the DX200Ti and DX200Cu/Au.

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #13,064 of 36,079
Did you see the new DX220 that is just around the corner? Interesting option. I wonder if iBasso will offer it in special additions like the DX200Ti and DX200Cu/Au.
Yep, looks interesting and apparently uses the same amp modules as the 150/200.
It’s gonna have to be something really special if I were to get it, I’ve still got the regular 200 as well as the Ti. I’ve been playing around (or trying to but working away from home) with the 200 and Mojo.
Might have this rigged into my HiFi and use the Ti for head gear.
Tried the Ti coax to Mojo to my WA2 with the SR1 and was blown away by that, so hoping for a similar result with my HiFi using the regular 200/Mojo.
Might see if I can get a demo unit of Chords Qutest dac later this year and give that a run with the 200 into my HiFi if all’s well with the Mojo. I’ve got a feeling all will be more than well when I set this lot up lol
Hopefully Ibasso will be at London’s Canjam this summer, so if your over, then we can check out the 220.......if you haven’t already got it by then lol
It’s certainly a nice looking dap, it was quite a while after the 200 release when they released the Cu/Ti units and the Cu are even rarer than the Ti.....hens teeth come to mind.
Are you tempted :ksc75smile:

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #13,065 of 36,079
Ok, you got me with the Wailers cover, I'd never heard it before. Awesome beachy vibe. :thumbsup:
I would have never heard it either except for a buddy who worked with me at Disney studios that lives in Montego Jamaica played it for me a couple years back. It's the most different version I have ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back