The Audio Lounge
Sep 21, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #11,356 of 36,213
Still waiting for a decently priced and good sounding ess 9028pro or 9038pro Dap with 2 msd slots.

The DX200 only has one msd slot and the A&Futura SE100 sounds average.

The N8 is superb but far out of my budget.
The DX200 is worth only 1 SD slot. Don't pass it up because of that minor flaw. You can always add an sd card reader and attach to the OTG port, or better yet a low power hard drive attached to the OTG slot....

Sep 21, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #11,357 of 36,213
Not a perfect solution, but it could be an option. Not suitable for shoving in your pocket, but it works if you need two cards with the DX200.
http://www.meenova.com/st/p/dash_g3u.html
You should get a iFi OTG cable and attach the sd card reader to the bottom of the DX200.

*Edit - Just noticed that this is a USB C card reader so the iFi cable won't work. Still you should attach it to the bottom so it's not sticking out.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #11,359 of 36,213
I'm not a lover of comply foams and if I do use foams which is not often I use a brand called "inairs" but not sure how readily available ...they are available to order through their website and Amazon UK.
Others may offer better insight as my use and purchases of foams Is limited but the comply are too fragile.

Actually have seen inairs but I didn't realise they might be better than Comply. Will actually order a few to try them out.

Sadly foam works much better for me. But completely agree, Comply are way too fragile. I've even tried cleaning them after every use but they still break apart pretty quickly

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #11,360 of 36,213
Actually have seen inairs but I didn't realise they might be better than Comply. Will actually order a few to try them out.

Sadly foam works much better for me. But completely agree, Comply are way too fragile. I've even tried cleaning them after every use but they still break apart pretty quickly

Well I like them as there not like bullets or serm to be made like tissue ... they have a slight sticky feel and don't seem to lose memory quickly either but as I said I haven't tried a lot of foam as I find nine times out of ten stock tips work for me.

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #11,361 of 36,213

Have you tried Symbios? They are the best of both worlds, a heat sensitive foam core that shapes to your ear with a soft silicone on the outside. I don't use regular foam on anything anymore.

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #11,362 of 36,213
Have you tried Symbios? They are the best of both worlds, a heat sensitive foam core that shapes to your ear with a soft silicone on the outside. I don't use regular foam on anything anymore.

Ok, this is very interesting! I'd never heard of Symbios before. But looking at them, it seems like they'd last ages. Honestly quite excited by these!

But, how does the seal compare to something that's just foam (like Comply)? I'm guessing it's not as good?

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #11,363 of 36,213
WOD Road... so many good songs to choose from.. I don't want to flood the thread so I have to cut it down.

I have to share this one from Eric Andersens 1988 comeback album. After Blue River he had another album ready. Columbia somehow lost the master tapes so it was not released at that time (early 70's). Eric moved to Norway. In 1990 the tapes were found in the vaults and the album Stages was finally release. But this one... this one is one of my favorites. The song is long... it tells the story of his life in the 60's.. Very atmospheric album. Ghosts Upon the Road.

"Hard Road" from the the theatrework "By the Hand of the Father". Music by Alejandro Escovedo

Chris Isaak

I was privileged to see Guy Clark play at the old 150 seat Ann Arbor Ark years ago... he played for 4 hours.. breaking the Ark's curfew:) He just kept talking and singing and drinking. We ran out of gas on a lonely road past midnight on the way home... before cell phones.. lol. That was fun.

Some acoustic blues

...and we can't forget Jackson Browne

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #11,364 of 36,213
Ok, this is very interesting! I'd never heard of Symbios before. But looking at them, it seems like they'd last ages. Honestly quite excited by these!

But, how does the seal compare to something that's just foam (like Comply)? I'm guessing it's not as good?

They seal just as good if not better because they are heat activated. Every time you squeeze them and place them in your ears, as they expand and warm up they'll form to your ear canal. So it's like getting a custom ear tip fit every time you wear them. I did find out the hard way with my first order that they run large. So if you normally wear a large tip, try a medium Symbio and so on.

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #11,365 of 36,213

I tried the Symbios and found they became uncomfortable after a short while, using the small size and found they weren’t quite small enough.
I used to use Comply but drifted over to and finally settling on the JVC Spiral dots.
They suit my preference and gear very well.
They also seal much better than the Symbios for me.
Also good (for me) are the RHA dual density silicone tips and much cheaper than the Spiral dots. Good seal also with these, better to try these, if you like em then you can try the more expensive Spiral dots.

Sep 21, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #11,369 of 36,213
WOD: Election

Sep 21, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #11,370 of 36,213

Users who are viewing this thread

Back