The Audio Lounge
Sep 21, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #11,341 of 36,212
I’m pretty happy with my gear also, only bought the DX200Ti as I missed out first time round and can sell my regular 200 (possibly) to recoup some of the cost. Pretty glad I did buy this, maybe one or two purchases left this year and that includes sending my HiFi in to Kevin Edwards to upgrade some of the internal components.
Oh yeah, maybe one or two cables, hopefully from our very own resident cable guy @majo123 and then that’s it or is it, I don’t know lol

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #11,342 of 36,212
I am under the same thinking as you. I like what I have and need to stop buying new stuff for a while. Need to appreciate what I have and marvel in that. I know we all tried to put a moratorium on purchases this past winter, I failed. I am going to try again. I will try to pledge no new purchases until after the 1st of the year. I mean it, no kidding. I am serious...
good luck! Lol
I would never make such bold claims, there is still much i would consider , pp8, Ananda, andro, Vega a new headphone amp and dac but all mentioned are over or about a thousand pounds... I would love a chord Hugo 2 lol but this would be entering new depths of spending and my pockets at this moment in time are not that deep but this will change after a few years as my finances Will change ... So I never say I'm not buying as I have extravagant tastes , never know what finances are around the corner and I'm quite willing and irresponsible enough to spend them lol

But I am happy with my setup for now .

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #11,343 of 36,212
And here I am delving deeper and deeper into the dark magics of audio. :joy:

Contrary to what I thought, changing the power supply cables of an amp do audibly improve the sound. Still can't understand why though. Iem/headphone/interconnect cables I can understand, but why would a power supply cable improve the sound?
What you buying next then dude?

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #11,344 of 36,212
I'll tell you what Rich, let's do it. I'll join you on that pledge. I won't make any headphone related purchases until after the 1st of the year. Let's see if we can really do it, because like you, I failed last time, lol

Caveat: If I buy anything headphone related for someone else for Christmas it won't break my pledge, lol.

I think buying stuff for others won't count. That's selfless, which should rewarded, later...Although when @majo123 gets his cabling going, I will also participate but I see that as selfless as I am trying to perpetuate the small business owners of the world...haha

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #11,345 of 36,212
I’m pretty happy with my gear also, only bought the DX200Ti as I missed out first time round and can sell my regular 200 (possibly) to recoup some of the cost. Pretty glad I did buy this, maybe one or two purchases left this year and that includes sending my HiFi in to Kevin Edwards to upgrade some of the internal components.
Oh yeah, maybe one or two cables, hopefully from our very own resident cable guy @majo123 and then that’s it or is it, I don’t know lol

Cables are still in my mind just waiting for some fund's to buy some new 26 awg then I will hopefully start to build them as long as no more hiccups, setbacks.

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #11,349 of 36,212
Thats the spirit ... were once on this earth enjoy.
Still waiting for a decently priced and good sounding ess 9028pro or 9038pro Dap with 2 msd slots.

The DX200 only has one msd slot and the A&Futura SE100 sounds average.

The N8 is superb but far out of my budget.

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #11,350 of 36,212
Still waiting for a decently priced and good sounding ess 9028pro or 9038pro Dap with 2 msd slots.

The DX200 only has one msd slot and the A&Futura SE100 sounds average.

The N8 is superb but far out of my budget.

They were selling x7ii on the fiio store on AliExpress for just under £400 limited to 200 units on the 17th , bargain price .

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #11,351 of 36,212
F1653E0F-3FCD-4198-8419-B523E87CCC0C.jpeg
Not a perfect solution, but it could be an option. Not suitable for shoving in your pocket, but it works if you need two cards with the DX200.
http://www.meenova.com/st/p/dash_g3u.html

Sep 21, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #11,353 of 36,212
Is there anything longer lasting than Comply? Honestly love them but I'm going through them like crazy (hitting my student budget way too hard, if I'm honest)

I'm not a lover of comply foams and if I do use foams which is not often I use a brand called "inairs" but not sure how readily available ...they are available to order through their website and Amazon UK.
Others may offer better insight as my use and purchases of foams Is limited but the comply are too fragile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back