The Audio Lounge
Jun 20, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #8,268 of 36,257
My new Topping stack shelf came in today. Even though it wasn't made for my amp, it fits perfectly.

1.png 2.jpg

Jun 20, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #8,269 of 36,257
Anybody own or has tried out any R2R dacs?

I tried out the R2R-11 from audio GD and it sounded really good. It's hard to describe it in any other way than analog sounding. And it's soundstage was really deep. Very enjoyable imo.

Jun 20, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #8,270 of 36,257
My VE Monk Lite & Zen LL arrived today, The Zen LL in particular sounds very good

Jun 20, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #8,271 of 36,257
Iran and Morocco played their socks off, let’s hope we see a bit more of that eh :smile_phones:

Indeed, watched the Morocco match last night, such a shame they couldn't pull through a proper finish. They played great football.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #8,274 of 36,257
Jun 21, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #8,276 of 36,257
The only thanks needed is being thankful that we can enjoy this hobby we take for granted , being reminded of her story today realy made me smile especially when she was saying the artists that she is enjoying now.
I only touched on her story and there is a lot more on how it was so overwhelming for her brain to take, there is a quote in one of her videos/posts about how the sound of eating crisps/chips frightened her. There are a few videos of her enjoying different types of music for the first time.
Truly humbling.

It's not that easy, if you have a hearing impairment. When you have a broken leg than everybody can see it, but if you have not a 100% hearing and you have to ask again and again, while people talk to you in a low voice...

Some people become angry about and you get told to listen and so on.

After my first op the doc came by on his ward round and told me, this was an urgent op, another week and game over... To realize this...

It changes a lot, how you see things and so on. I try to enjoy my life against all odds.

My tinnitus is still there, but I've get a tracking no. for my HiBy R3. ^^

So folks, have a nice day and enjoy the sunny weather with some good music and your loved ones.

Cheers

Jun 21, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #8,277 of 36,257
It's not that easy, if you have a hearing impairment. When you have a broken leg than everybody can see it, but if you have not a 100% hearing and you have to ask again and again, while people talk to you in a low voice...

Some people become angry about and you get told to listen and so on.

After my first op the doc came by on his ward round and told me, this was an urgent op, another week and game over... To realize this...

It changes a lot, how you see things and so on. I try to enjoy my life against all odds.

My tinnitus is still there, but I've get a tracking no. for my HiBy R3. ^^

So folks, have a nice day and enjoy the sunny weather with some good music and your loved ones.

Cheers

I can imagine, I had a bad accident 3 years ago which has left me with some minor disabilitys (in no way does it compare to my original post) i find stairs hard and ladders even harder due to leg injury and also i have a hand injury which has left me permanently not being able to make a fist/grip properly and can only close so far, 95 percent of actions I can achieve but sometimes even the slightest thing I need help. on the surface I look and move the same as everyone else so i totally get your post.
I just wanted to post the amazing to me situation of never having heard music and the enjoyment this woman is clearly getting from it, this besides actually never hearing anything and the shock of hearing for the first time and how frightening it was for her.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #8,278 of 36,257
@barondla
Awesome purple. I got the same color and love it. Much more vivid in person.

Jun 21, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #8,279 of 36,257
@barondla
Awesome purple. I got the same color and love it. Much more vivid in person.

Stop saying Purple! Stop posting pictures of that thing! I do not need another dap! I don't even take my music out and about...except on to the deck:)

Jun 21, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #8,280 of 36,257
I just wanted to post the amazing to me situation of never having heard music and the enjoyment this woman is clearly getting from it, this besides actually never hearing anything and the shock of hearing for the first time and how frightening it was for her.

I'm with you and it's really lovely to see her first steps into a new world.

@mbwilson111 Want some cookies? :D

btw. I like Purple too :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back