The Audio Lounge
Jun 20, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #8,251 of 36,323
Good morning peeps, at work for an hour or so, go home and empty my van ready for a drive up to Scotland on Friday morning. Suffering with a bad back at the moment, not good you may think, you might be right on another day but not today as this means as soon as my van is empty......I’m doing nothing but listening to music and watching footy:ksc75smile: got to try and get my back working for the drive on Friday.
DX90+IT01 this morning and Jamiraqui at the moment-

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #8,254 of 36,323
I am now getting emails from Hidizs every (other) week, with discounts on products to be launched.
It brings back unpleasant memories...

Can't you unsubscribe? I do love my AP200 but I do not get emails... I was not the one who did the Kickstarter on that...in fact, I was unaware at the time...

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #8,255 of 36,323
Can't you unsubscribe? I do love my AP200 but I do not get emails... I was not the one who did the Kickstarter on that...in fact, I was unaware at the time...
I guess I can unsubscribe. I read very positive reviews about Hidizs products, but I can’t help being intrigued (afraid?) with the frequency of the releases they are putting up, and with the preorder discount system.
Not a complain, but it reminds me of another company...

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #8,256 of 36,323
I guess I can unsubscribe. I read very positive reviews about Hidizs products, but I can’t help being intrigued (afraid?) with the frequency of the releases they are putting up, and with the preorder discount system.
Not a complain, but it reminds me of another company...

They have not yet delivered on all their promises for the AP200 but it does not really affect me because I don't need the features people are complaining about... except a proper option in settings for line out (just using the headphone jack not usb) would be nice. Can't be that hard. My Opus and my Cayin have that. My xDuoo X3 has a separate line out jack.

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #8,258 of 36,323
Jun 20, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #8,259 of 36,323
Some folks may have signed up for info before some of their products were released. I'm sure That I did that 3+ times... (AP200, AP80, DH1000...) Probably why I am getting 3 versions of the same Email for new HIDIZS stuff.
I am happy with the sound and basic functions of the HIDIZS Gear I have... But their actual firmware has yet to match their functional promises !

Jun 20, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #8,260 of 36,323
Been listening to BBC radio 6 today and was reminded of this from a few years back as she was on again today.
This woman was born deaf and had never heard her voice, this is her reaction to having her implants turned on and hearing for the first time.

Her friend made a playlist of music to hear for the first time and explained on the radio show how she had to take things slowly. (Could not embed this but here is the link if interested) https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01w8f8s
And this is her at Glastonbury a few years ago.

I'm in awe of this and very humbled, it makes me think how much music is important and how lucky I am to appreciate it.
I also liked today how she said she was realy enjoying bowie.
Anybody that's interested in this post Google her, her journey over the last few years is quite easy to find on the internet and a pretty amazing story.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #8,262 of 36,323
Been listening to BBC radio 6 today and was reminded of this from a few years back as she was on again today.
This woman was born deaf and had never heard her voice, this is her reaction to having her implants turned on and hearing for the first time.

Her friend made a playlist of music to hear for the first time and explained on the radio show how she had to take things slowly. (Could not embed this but here is the link if interested) https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01w8f8s
And this is her at Glastonbury a few years ago.

I'm in awe of this and very humbled, it makes me think how much music is important and how lucky I am to appreciate it.
I also liked today how she said she was realy enjoying bowie.
Anybody that's interested in this post Google her, her journey over the last few years is quite easy to find on the internet and a pretty amazing story.

Thanks for sharing this, it’s stories like this that make you realise just how lucky we are.
It’s a bit like an episode of Horizon I watched and a little boy in India was given his sight back. He looked so sad before and to see his face smiling as he looked at his Mum and Dad for the first time was priceless.
Very hard to imagine life without sight or sound. Awesome, thanks

Jun 20, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #8,263 of 36,323
Thanks for sharing this, it’s stories like this that make you realise just how lucky we are.
It’s a bit like an episode of Horizon I watched and a little boy in India was given his sight back. He looked so sad before and to see his face smiling as he looked at his Mum and Dad for the first time was priceless.
Very hard to imagine life without sight or sound. Awesome, thanks

The only thanks needed is being thankful that we can enjoy this hobby we take for granted , being reminded of her story today realy made me smile especially when she was saying the artists that she is enjoying now.
I only touched on her story and there is a lot more on how it was so overwhelming for her brain to take, there is a quote in one of her videos/posts about how the sound of eating crisps/chips frightened her. There are a few videos of her enjoying different types of music for the first time.
Truly humbling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back