The Audio Lounge
Oct 22, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #4,381 of 36,161
@JaeYoon I don't think v30 got 4 dac chips lol, lg put just 1 ess 9218p chip that got 4 channel (maybe as the other was chips, Idk) . Don't get a sh** about what get better about all channels, don't think its important.
When you put an headphone in the v30 you enable hifi mode and start to use the sabre chip instead the Qualcomm one, when you put an aux cable you enable the aux mode so you gain the full 2Vrms, when you put a 50+ Hp you get the full 2Vrms and all the dac channels open, so I'm thinking... could these dac channels closed increase the output impedance? That what I'm thinking now.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #4,382 of 36,161
@JaeYoon I don't think v30 got 4 dac chips lol, lg put just 1 ess 9218p chip that got 4 channel. Don't get a sh** about what get better about all channels, don't think its important.
When you put an headphone in the v30 you enable hifi mode and start to use the sabre chip instead the Qualcomm one, when you put an aux cable you enable the aux mode so you gain the full 2Vrms, when you put a 50+ Hp you get the full 2Vrms and all the dac channels open, so I'm thinking... could these dac channels closed increase the output impedance? That what I'm thinking now.
I honestly think LG should've have their designers think clearly. Look at DAPs, they have selectable gain, Low/High or smart ones that have Low/Medium/High switches.

looks like LG never learned from 3 generation of smartphones, to implement a gain switch that would end this issue once and for all.

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #4,383 of 36,161
The phone is for everybody, many jdk what "high gain low gain medium gain" means so it's automatic. I will root it anyway LoL to get better sq with some audio mod
Edit: nice to get an answer to Your 5.00am questions rofl

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #4,384 of 36,161
The ones I lost are the Masters, not the Master 4, so they had the modular cabling. My PM4 is still going strong.
@OldDude04 I had the same thing happen with my masters but A little worse. One side stopped working and I sent them in and Jake lost them for a while after telling me they received them. So a month later I asked to send me IcarusIII because they had stock so weeks later the Icarus III show up but one side was milled improperly and none of the filters stayed in. So I refused to send them in and sent a video of filters falling out. To his credit Daniel got involved after I Pm'd him and resolved the situation and sent just the top portion of the IEMS. They probably don't have stock of the Master as of yet. I would ask for some other replacement. Sorry about this, it's so aggravating. I'm happy to be done with Trinity. My original Vyrus never held either cable and the shell on one cracked from trying to push it in. They were comfortable and had good sound but were built poorly. I am listening to the Brainwavz B400 now that is all the rage and they are really sweet, with great customer service.

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #4,385 of 36,161
@Jerda, another IEM to throw into the mix of relatively inexpensive choices is the MEE Audio Pinnacle P2. IMO, it should certainly be considered among the best of the $100 price range. Fantastic ergonomics, solid accessory package (nailed the carrying case this time around), and a 2-year warranty to boot. And of course some very good sound quality for the price. Not quite as technically adept in some cases as the P1, but I like the P2 better because I prefer that sound signature to the P1's. It's actually the IEM I've been reaching for most often during my daily commute. My rotation tends to bounce between the P2, Supra, and Noble X the most, interspersed with the JH16, TAE Hunter, and TAE Hyperion.

One thing you can be sure of is that you aren't lacking choices in your price range! :D

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #4,386 of 36,161
Laying off IEM's/Headphones/DAC hunting for abit due to money constraints. Just splurged on a new phone... Priorities. :frowning2:

Oct 23, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #4,387 of 36,161
@OldDude04 I had the same thing happen with my masters but A little worse. One side stopped working and I sent them in and Jake lost them for a while after telling me they received them. So a month later I asked to send me IcarusIII because they had stock so weeks later the Icarus III show up but one side was milled improperly and none of the filters stayed in. So I refused to send them in and sent a video of filters falling out. To his credit Daniel got involved after I Pm'd him and resolved the situation and sent just the top portion of the IEMS. They probably don't have stock of the Master as of yet. I would ask for some other replacement. Sorry about this, it's so aggravating. I'm happy to be done with Trinity. My original Vyrus never held either cable and the shell on one cracked from trying to push it in. They were comfortable and had good sound but were built poorly. I am listening to the Brainwavz B400 now that is all the rage and they are really sweet, with great customer service.

That, sucks, but I'm glad you were able to get your IEMs and move on from Trinity. I got Dan involved as well, and in the middle of him trying to find out what happened and get me a replacement, he ended up parting ways with Trinity. So, I'm still left without any positive results.

Oct 23, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #4,388 of 36,161
I am a bit curious about differences about multi ba drivers vs single dynamic iems as b400 is multi ba and I've never tried a ba IEM... there's a trade off between the two technologies?
About the nee audio pinnacle 2... nice to see another 75$ pair. I am searching some measurements about it but if I am not wrong the p2 has less bass than the b400... I don't want a basshead iems ( right now I am waiting He4xx with a low-fi xtrabass sony headphone...so sure I love the bass), but a balanced sound with just a good bass.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #4,389 of 36,161
I am a bit curious about differences about multi ba drivers vs single dynamic iems as b400 is multi ba and I've never tried a ba IEM... there's a trade off between the two technologies?
About the nee audio pinnacle 2... nice to see another 75$ pair. I am searching some measurements about it but if I am not wrong the p2 has less bass than the b400... I don't want a basshead iems ( right now I am waiting He4xx with a low-fi xtrabass sony headphone...so sure I love the bass), but a balanced sound with just a good bass.
They're different technologies....that's actually almost about the sum of it. Dynamic driver IEMs tend to get more accolades for a natural feel, but that doesn't mean multi-BA setups can't achieve the same thing. Multi-BAs tend to do better with transition speed and the idea is that with different BAs handling different freqs, there's ability to output quality sound without compromising on a single driver's ability to do the job. The classic application of "more is better", but I and many others in the community steadfastly disagree with that idea. A good engineer can work miracles with a single driver, be it BA or dynamic. My recommendation: don't worry about driver type or driver count all that much. I look at it usually just because I'm curious about what type of driver is in an IEM, but it doesn't make much impact on my choice of whether or not to get an IEM.

P2 isn't a basshead IEM if that's what you're concerned about. And still more mid-bass focused than sub-bass, but it does have decent reach into the low-end. Overall I'd categorize it as slightly v-shaped, but much less than most general consumer-oriented tunings. I think MEE Audio did a great job in straddling the line of consumer and audiophile sound quality. The P2 blends a lot of the strong point of the P1 with the concerns people had about it and the result is a very good IEM for what it costs. And if you didn't know what it cost, I'd wager most in the audio community could be pretty happy with how it sounds. If you haven't looked already, there's also a review in the forums for it with more detail. P2 gets a big thumbs-up from me.

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #4,390 of 36,161
THANKS mate.
I wasn't asking about the simple technology difference to know how the b2 should sound, I've read the last ba vs dd 3D and p2 review headfi section, but to know if there are implied difference not spoken from measurements or, don't reall know, something else. Anyway you made me the difference much more clearer, thanks again.
For example talking about the bass it self without taking the difference of ba and dd difference, b400 should have more bass than the p2 ( or the same, if there's little differente in measurements equipment), but apart the measurements its self and taking in the different technology,should I expect differents in how the bass is reproduced by b400 or the p2 ? I wish I make myself clear about what I m trying to say :)

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #4,391 of 36,161
THANKS mate.
I wasn't asking about the simple technology difference to know how the b2 should sound, I've read the last ba vs dd 3D and p2 review headfi section, but to know if there are implied difference not spoken from measurements or, don't reall know, something else. Anyway you made me the difference much more clearer, thanks again.
For example talking about the bass it self without taking the difference of ba and dd difference, b400 should have more bass than the p2 ( or the same, if there's little differente in measurements equipment), but apart the measurements its self and taking in the different technology,should I expect differents in how the bass is reproduced by b400 or the p2 ? I wish I make myself clear about what I m trying to say :)
It's all down to tuning and the thing about it is that the freq measurements alone aren't going to tell you how it sounds. A pretty safe bet is that you're going to get different bass from the two different IEMs. I'm no good with measurements so I'm probably not the guy to talk to though. But to me, some of the intangibles are qualitative things, like speed/decay, texture, or organic feel. Those are the sort of things that change the feel, as near as we can describe them in words at least. Haven't heard the B400, wouldn't know how it compares to the P2. I like how the bass is done on the P2; its midbass quantity is appropriate with good control, texture, and decay. Those together make for an organic sound, not to mention that it has a balancing effect on how the other frequencies sound due to sound interaction and harmony. It gets looser the lower you go, but I'd still consider it to be quite adept.
Kind of think about it as the following two different performances as two different IEMs:

Different sound and feel because they're differently designed. Not really a good way to show the difference, I know, but a good excuse to watch some incredible string and percussion playing! :D

Oct 23, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #4,392 of 36,161
It's all down to tuning and the thing about it is that the freq measurements alone aren't going to tell you how it sounds. A pretty safe bet is that you're going to get different bass from the two different IEMs. I'm no good with measurements so I'm probably not the guy to talk to though. But to me, some of the intangibles are qualitative things, like speed/decay, texture, or organic feel. Those are the sort of things that change the feel, as near as we can describe them in words at least. Haven't heard the B400, wouldn't know how it compares to the P2. I like how the bass is done on the P2; its midbass quantity is appropriate with good control, texture, and decay. Those together make for an organic sound, not to mention that it has a balancing effect on how the other frequencies sound due to sound interaction and harmony. It gets looser the lower you go, but I'd still consider it to be quite adept.
Kind of think about it as the following two different performances as two different IEMs:

Different sound and feel because they're differently designed. Not really a good way to show the difference, I know, but a good excuse to watch some incredible string and percussion playing! :D

That was awesome and I have KZ ZS6's in :)

Oct 23, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #4,394 of 36,161
THANKS mate.

There is a more basic difference in the way Balanced Armatures and dynamic drivers produce sound which impacts bad reproduction. A dynamic driver works like a miniature speaker cone, so vibrates the diaphragm back and forward in the enclosure. A BA is basically like a small metal tuning fork that vibrates between two magnetic fields.

The basic difference (apologies if you already know this, but thought it would be best to start the obvious) is that due to the mechanics of the dynamic driver, it physically moves more air in and out of the enclosure as it moves the c. 10mm round speaker cone back and forth. This usually relays into a more "physical" sensation of impact and slam, like you would get standing in front of a club or concert PA system.

BA drivers reproduce the same frequencies, but with less air movement due to the differing mechanics, so are more usually associated with texture and rumble.

Oct 23, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #4,395 of 36,161
2Cellos are awesome, by the way. In2ition is a great album to start with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back