The Audio Lounge
Oct 22, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #4,352 of 36,032
What's that trinity story? Ahahah they bought good review?
Sry Old, very new to the hifi sound I am jumping on as I ve started to not enjoy snymore listen masterpieces with my everyday sony mdr-xb500 xtra bass sony and iPhone 6 with deezer ( music sound bones and flesh without soul )
Now I am waiting the he-4xx ( gooood price but I should have bought something without the wait... drooling for them now) and I'm buying a m3 and mimby stack to pair with Tidal hifi, IEMs will be paired with an lg v30 with sabre 9218 in the future

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #4,353 of 36,032
I feel bad at same time, cause it was such a great startup when it first started. It went bad sadly halfway and to the current place.

Icarus III has some good ratings and some feel it's a bit off. But hope the ones waiting get their stuff.

I felt bad for them for them for quite some time. I'm not really feeling that anymore after my recent dealings. My right Phantom Master blew, and I contacted Trinity for warranty service. I was told to ship them to Trinity and they would repair or replace my unit. I sent it out the beginning of September with tracking, and via the Royal Mail site they arrived on Sept 18th. A week after that, I emailed and asked the status of my repair and was told they'd never received my Masters. I had some more correspondence with Trinity without any satisfaction, so I contacted Royal Mail via Phone and checked to be sure they IEMs arrived. I was informed they had definitely been delivered on first attempt to the Trinity offices. After informing Trinity of this yet again, I was told they'd "look around" for them, over a month after they were delivered... I hold no hope out at this point, and sadly, because the item was delivered, I'm unable to file any insurance claim. I'm out my Masters, the cost of shipping with tracking from the US to the UK and $23 for a phone call to Royal Mail. So you can see why I no longer feel bad, lol.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #4,354 of 36,032
I felt bad for them for them for quite some time. I'm not really feeling that anymore after my recent dealings. My right Phantom Master blew, and I contacted Trinity for warranty service. I was told to ship them to Trinity and they would repair or replace my unit. I sent it out the beginning of September with tracking, and via the Royal Mail site they arrived on Sept 18th. A week after that, I emailed and asked the status of my repair and was told they'd never received my Masters. I had some more correspondence with Trinity without any satisfaction, so I contacted Royal Mail via Phone and checked to be sure they IEMs arrived. I was informed they had definitely been delivered on first attempt to the Trinity offices. After informing Trinity of this yet again, I was told they'd "look around" for them, over a month after they were delivered... I hold no hope out at this point, and sadly, because the item was delivered, I'm unable to file any insurance claim. I'm out my Masters, the cost of shipping with tracking from the US to the UK and $23 for a phone call to Royal Mail. So you can see why I no longer feel bad, lol.
damn... that's crazy...wow. I remember reading it on trinity thread. That sucks, no compensation at all.....

Also I bet you also noticed the 2-pin connectors are incredibly loose. I lost an earpiece of Vyrus, it's somewhere on the streets of silicon valley that's for sure. If you wrap your earphone around your neck while talking to somebody, it can fly off somehow. I can see why they went the modular route.

But I don't understand, Athena V-III also has a 2-pin connector, they are extremely secure, like you literally have to pop it off by twist and pull. the Unique Melody ME.1 from what I can see is also secure on hawaiibadboys video.
I dunno... why trinity didn't invest in a more secure 2-pin connection.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #4,355 of 36,032
What's that trinity story? Ahahah they bought good review?
Sry Old, very new to the hifi sound I am jumping on as I started to not enjoying anymore listening masterpieces with my everyday sony mdr-xb500 xtra bass sony and iPhone 6 with deezer ( music sound bones and flesh without soul )
Now I am waiting the he-4xx ( gooood price but I should have bought something without the wait... drooling for them now) and I'm buying a m3 and mimby stack to pair with Tidal hifi, IEMs will be paired with an lg v30 with sabre 9218 in the future

They were a startup on their way to greatness by building great bang for buck IEMs, but have been plagued with all sorts of issues, from not shipping IEMs ordered over a year ago, to blatant lies about why, and more. I'm sorry, my post about Trinity wasn't meant to confuse you, it was more of an inside joke for a bunch of us in this thread.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #4,356 of 36,032
damn... that's crazy...wow. I remember reading it on trinity thread. That sucks, no compensation at all.....

Also I bet you also noticed the 2-pin connectors are incredibly loose. I lost an earpiece of Vyrus, it's somewhere on the streets of silicon valley that's for sure. If you wrap your earphone around your neck while talking to somebody, it can fly off somehow. I can see why they went the modular route.

But I don't understand, Athena V-III also has a 2-pin connector, they are extremely secure, like you literally have to pop it off by twist and pull. the Unique Melody ME.1 from what I can see is also secure on hawaiibadboys video.

The ones I lost are the Masters, not the Master 4, so they had the modular cabling. My PM4 is still going strong.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #4,360 of 36,032

They went with their own proprietary 2 pin, I can only assume to make people have to buy cables from them. It would have saved them so much grief if they'd gone with the tried and true standard 2 pin.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #4,361 of 36,032
Whoa what a thread!
Hello everybody!
Have you talked about a good IEM sub-200$ ?
I'm interested to buy a pair within this budget and for now I'm thinking about the brainwavz b400 but I am curious about what you ve talked about with this price.
Going to read some earlier pages of the thread :)

I have had some luck with a couple of lower tiered IEMs.
Periodic Audio Mg
Meze Classic 12
TFZ Exclusive 5

All under $100. Pretty good musicality with them.
If you were willing to go for a little more, the Noble X on MD at $250 is a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back