The Audio Lounge
Jul 28, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #346 of 36,081
So I’m officially out of the Trinity race and awaiting refund on Icarus IV. On the way are some Audio-Technica ATH-E70, for which I’m looking for an aftermarket cable. The A2DC connectors are proprietary so it makes it a bit tougher...

Does anyone know of an affordable cable company that either produces a2dc cables or is able to make them bespoke? So far it looks like my best bets are Nocturnal Audio, Toxic Cables, or the Chinese LunaShops cables on Ebay (which would take forever to ship).

Not sure if they could make this particular cable and they are located in California, but surfcables.com

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #347 of 36,081
Well, I decided not to wait, I requested refunds from Kieran on both outstanding items from Trinity. I am ready to move on and stop riding the roller coaster. We'll see what kind of response I get.

Jul 28, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #349 of 36,081
Well, I decided not to wait, I requested refunds from Kieran on both outstanding items from Trinity. I am ready to move on and stop riding the roller coaster. We'll see what kind of response I get.

Honestly don't blame you ...when i read that there is hunter for sale on amazon UK and there is! and they couldn't ship mine that were already paid for then they wont get any more business from me .
Production problems across the board I understand but not that.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #350 of 36,081
Where are you located? Because if, for example, you're in the US like me, maybe the wait from Chinese delivery would be worth the tradeoff in pricing. For example, besides costing more than the Chinese counterparts, Nocturnal Audio has a lead time of about 4 weeks (according to their website) and I've gotten my items delivered from China in about 2-3 weeks in the past.
I’m in California, the lead times for some of the custom cables were about the same as the time it would take the Chinese pre-made cables to ship. However I would be getting a bespoke, hopefully high quality cable vs questionable “knockoffs”.

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #351 of 36,081
I’m in California, the lead times for some of the custom cables were about the same as the time it would take the Chinese pre-made cables to ship. However I would be getting a bespoke, hopefully high quality cable vs questionable “knockoffs”.
Then I'd say go for the custom ones if you aren't too worried about pricing. They are generally nicer-quality to justify their higher price. I speak in regards to the build quality and feel of the cables of course; no bearing on what, if any, sound quality changes there are. I personally just get cables for the ergonomics :D

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #352 of 36,081
Then I'd say go for the custom ones if you aren't too worried about pricing. They are generally nicer-quality to justify their higher price. I speak in regards to the build quality and feel of the cables of course; no bearing on what, if any, sound quality changes there are. I personally just get cables for the ergonomics :D

Thanks for the info, I’ll do a bit more research but I have more to go off of now.

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #353 of 36,081
Thanks for the info, I’ll do a bit more research but I have more to go off of now.
Have fun! You're on your way to a nicer cable. I think what I'm using right now on my JH16 is some sort of copper cabling (not sure what brand, bought from someone on Head-Fi, but they didn't say what it was) and while it's good-looking cable, it's kinda stiff, which is why I'm buying a standard braided cable from 64Audio. I have the standard cable from Empire Ears to replace my dead Linum Bax on my Earwerkz Supra too and it's a fine standard braided cable (also requested to get one with no memory wire back then), but the one from 64Audio was simply cheaper.

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #354 of 36,081

Honestly don't blame you ...when i read that there is hunter for sale on amazon UK and there is! and they couldn't ship mine that were already paid for then they wont get any more business from me .
Production problems across the board I understand but not that.

Well, it turns out that the Icarus III had already been sent out from Alabama this morning at 11am, 4+ hours before I requested my refund. I verified by checking the tracking number. So, apparently, my Icarus III will be here the beginning of next week. I hope I like it.

34.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 7.14.20 PM.png

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #355 of 36,081
Well, it turns out that the Icarus III had already been sent out from Alabama this morning at 11am, 4+ hours before I requested my refund. I verified by checking the tracking number. So, apparently, my Icarus III will be here the beginning of next week. I hope I like it.

That's great news and im sure you will if anything like the master which still in my opinion are a fantastic buy for the money paid .
They have gone too far for me now though with the hunter situation being sold on amazon and even if they recover I won't purchase again.
But hey I'm genuinely glad people are getting there iems and im still intrigued how they compare are you still owed others???

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #356 of 36,081
That's great news and im sure you will if anything like the master which still in my opinion are a fantastic buy for the money paid .
They have gone too far for me now though with the hunter situation being sold on amazon and even if they recover I won't purchase again.
But hey I'm genuinely glad people are getting there iems and im still intrigued how they compare are you still owed others???

Just the Icarus I. And I got it on the deal for the cost of shipping so I'll just wait for that. If it shows it'll be a nice surprise.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #358 of 36,081
Just the Icarus I. And I got it on the deal for the cost of shipping so I'll just wait for that. If it shows it'll be a nice surprise.

Well looks like a positive end for you and others waiting for icarus...feel sorry for the ones who have still patiently waited on pm6/ hunter.
Still I ended up with flares which are shaping up nicely, hunter wasn't meant to be.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #359 of 36,081
I'm in the Icarus I boat too. The real wait for me is the Air. Maybe us Trinity Audio refugees will start getting things delivered soon; I sure hope so.

We should all add T.A.R. to our signatures, so other Trinity Audio Refugees can recognize us when we're in different threads, lol. All joking aside, I really do hope Trinity gets it all the way together and delivers everybody their previous orders.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #360 of 36,081
I'm in the Icarus I boat too. The real wait for me is the Air. Maybe us Trinity Audio refugees will start getting things delivered soon; I sure hope so.

I hope you all do too, been a long road and it's not looking over yet .
I won't buy again as I just posted but i do hope bob comes good he did have good ideas and I would hate to see that wasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back