The Audio Lounge
Jul 28, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #362 of 36,081
On a positive note, holy crap this tread has done 24 pages in 9 days. I mean that is no Trinity thread kind of numbers, lol, but apparently there was a need. :sunglasses:

Yep it's nice to be able to post in general ..i.e any product any relevance ..i posted pics of my flare purchase on here and not on the thread because A i seem to know you guys a bit , built a bit of a rapport and also B i like the fact that others can say I like this other product just as much or as well without upsetting sponsors, purists etc.
Think it will grow more.

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #369 of 36,081
So how many people use an amp with their IEMs/buds? If so, what is your source and amp?

I do use an amp. When I'm out, I use the FiiO E17k with my phone or tablet. If I'm using IEMs at home, which is rare, I run them with my iDSD. The only time I ever go unamped is to test a new IEM and see how easily it's driven.

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #371 of 36,081
Don't really have a "real" portable amp. There's a Boosteroo, which is the noisiest amp ever with IEMs. It does sound decent into the 300 ohm HD600. The other amp is an ultra tiny Auvio. It is the same size as a Sandisk Clip. But thinner. It sounds OK but seems to have about the same output power as the clip. The Samsung tablet seems to have more power. The PonoPlayer has lots more power.

I like to play tunes at a very low level to sleep at night. The Pono ends up at only 1 or 2 clicks above 0 with my IEMs (except Flare) or Mitchell & Johnson GL2. Built a voltage divider to cut the level down. It also can cut amp hiss.

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #373 of 36,081
I hope you all do too, been a long road and it's not looking over yet .
I won't buy again as I just posted but i do hope bob comes good he did have good ideas and I would hate to see that wasted.
I won't be buying again either, I'm just waiting for the stuff I already ordered to show up.

I legit chuckled out loud, making the wife side-eye me like I was crazy, lol.
What, she only then thought you were crazy? Look at the hobby we're in, man! We're all varying degrees of crazy here :p

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back