The Audio Lounge
Apr 13, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #35,899 of 36,035
I have a question for DAP users. How do you wear/carry your DAP when you're listening? I'm just wondering if there's a better way than the quick release clip/mount system I've been using for years now. I got it from Amazon, it's no longer available but HERE is one just like it on Aliexpress. I can clip my dap to a pocket, belt, armband, etc. I'm curious what others are using.

This is what I would get. Maybe a smaller size, but you get the Idea. I would wear it in my back though. Then I would use my phone as the remote to change songs with the Hiby or Fiio app through Bluetooth. I don't listen on the go anymore though.

Another option is a Van Nuys bag like the one below.

1713042193994.png

1713042426097.png

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #35,900 of 36,035
So, what's the verdict on these babies?

Brother. I know this will sound like new toy syndrome but I don't think it is. I believe I'm done and out the game, IEM wise anyway, lol. They are 120% of everything I'd hoped they were. They have a medium to wide stage, a crap ton of detail (nothing like other basshead IEMs that strangle the rest of the FR), and the bass... It's plentiful and crazy deep but no mud. It's physical even, with a speaker like presentation. I feel and hear it, but it doesn't sound like it's coming from inside my head. Sounds good with different genres as well. FatFrequency really did build what they claimed, the ultimate basshead IEM without sacrificing anything. I haven't taken them out of my ears since I started listening.

I do have one negative thing, I really don't like the upgraded red cable. It's stiff with a good bit of memory. But I switched the cable out and I'm jamming my face off. I'll post some pics in a bit. If you decide to order a set, I'd say save your money and go for the set without the red cable and then use your new Cadmus cable with them.

@Podster You were not wrong my friend, these Scarlets are fantastic. Fear not for your ears lol.

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #35,903 of 36,035
Apr 14, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #35,905 of 36,035
1713112901535.png

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #35,906 of 36,035
Not in my opinion. It's an ok cable, not worth an extra $160.

I'm stoked for you bro. I look forward to hearing what you think about the Scarlets.
Thanks Brother! MusicTeck only has the Scarlets with the upgrade cable so it looks like I'm getting that one. I always buy from MusicTeck because he always gives me deals. Didn't on these but that's ok.

Now I'm looking at this cable.... it's on sale! Gets top reviews.

https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...s/effect-audio-eros-s-1st-anniversary-edition

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #35,908 of 36,035
Thanks Brother! MusicTeck only has the Scarlets with the upgrade cable so it looks like I'm getting that one. I always buy from MusicTeck because he always gives me deals. Didn't on these but that's ok.

Now I'm looking at this cable.... it's on sale! Gets top reviews.

https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...s/effect-audio-eros-s-1st-anniversary-edition

You might be happy that the upgraded cable version was all that was available. I decided to try an old trick this morning on the upgrade cable. I took a hair dryer, warmed up the cable, and then I worked the cable for a bit. It loosened up a good bit and released the kinked memory spots as well. It's still not my favorite cable ever but it's way more usable now. It's what I'm listening with atm.

That Eros S is a good looking cable tho, sucks that it doesn't have the ConX options.

unnamed.jpg

Apr 14, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #35,909 of 36,035
You might be happy that the upgraded cable version was all that was available. I decided to try an old trick this morning on the upgrade cable. I took a hair dryer, warmed up the cable, and then I worked the cable for a bit. It loosened up a good bit and released the kinked memory spots as well. It's still not my favorite cable ever but it's way more usable now. It's what I'm listening with atm.

That Eros S is a good looking cable tho, sucks that it doesn't have the ConX options.

unnamed.jpg
That is so pretty. So it's a stiff cable? Does it sound bad?

Wow, I'm totally off today.... starting a new job tomorrow so it's a bit stressful.

Anyway, I looked at the cable again and it has the Conx but not the Termx. I can use the extra Conx connectors that I'm getting with my other cable. I ordered it. We will see how it sounds!

Apr 14, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #35,910 of 36,035
That is so pretty. So it's a stiff cable? Does it sound bad?

Wow, I'm totally off today.... starting a new job tomorrow so it's a bit stressful.

Anyway, I looked at the cable again and it has the Conx but not the Termx. I can use the extra Conx connectors that I'm getting with my other cable. I ordered it. We will see how it sounds!

The cable was stiff until I did the blowdryer trick, but it's much better now. Sounds great though.

Congrats on the new job, good luck bro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back