The Audio Lounge
Mar 10, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #35,521 of 36,155
Mar 10, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #35,522 of 36,155
Bro that sounds awesome. I think I may try the Kinera. I still have my IMR tribrids with planar drivers so I'm set there.

So how is the liquid spark? I got mine in and still have to listen to it.

I don't think you'll regret the Kineras. Just make sure the body of the IEM is touching your ear, the bone conduction is key to the bass on them.

The Spark is a cool little amp, clean and slightly warm. It's not super powerful at 1.3W per channel on high so I wouldn't use it for my planars. But I've found that on low it's a really good desktop amp for IEM listening.

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #35,523 of 36,155
I don't think you'll regret the Kineras. Just make sure the body of the IEM is touching your ear, the bone conduction is key to the bass on them.

The Spark is a cool little amp, clean and slightly warm. It's not super powerful at 1.3W per channel on high so I wouldn't use it for my planars. But I've found that on low it's a really good desktop amp for IEM listening.
I'm going to give the spark a listen today. You were right about them selling out. Monoprice put them up on eBay and they are gone everywhere. Glad I grabbed one.

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #35,524 of 36,155
Good call @OldDude04! The Liquid carbon is so good. For $32 it's the best buy ever.

I was originally listening to the IMR Elysium. It was a bit to heavy on the bass, kind of boomy. The amp needs some burn-in though so I'll try those later. Also has to do with impedance matching; the Harmony is only 15 Ohms and the IMR is 32 Ohms. Now I'm listening to the Custom Art Harmony 8.2. Pretty close to a perfect match. The Harmony is more geared to accuracy with a musicality thrown in. Overall great sounding combo with my Eversolo DMP A6 ESS 9038 DAC. I need to get another DAC with a different chipset.

Mar 10, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #35,526 of 36,155
Good call @OldDude04! The Liquid carbon is so good. For $32 it's the best buy ever.

I was originally listening to the IMR Elysium. It was a bit to heavy on the bass, kind of boomy. The amp needs some burn-in though so I'll try those later. Also has to do with impedance matching; the Harmony is only 15 Ohms and the IMR is 32 Ohms. Now I'm listening to the Custom Art Harmony 8.2. Pretty close to a perfect match. The Harmony is more geared to accuracy with a musicality thrown in. Overall great sounding combo with my Eversolo DMP A6 ESS 9038 DAC. I need to get another DAC with a different chipset.

Definitely a steal. I used it with my Grace SDAC, but I'm going to be looking for a DAC to leave it paired with full time.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #35,527 of 36,155
I've been struggling with an ear infection for months and can't use inears.
Does anyone have any tips for me for on-ears or over-ears for on the go?
Is it possible to set the Bluetooth channels separately?

cheers

Mar 11, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #35,528 of 36,155

cheers
Hey mate. I like the Drop Panda THX personally. They aren't made anymore, but you can pick up a used pair.

Mar 11, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #35,529 of 36,155

cheers
Hate to hear about that infection GR, hope it gets better soon. For me if you just need them for a little while and not break the bank my on-ear choices would be (and if they can all still be found) would be for On-Ears Koss KPH30i's or Senn Momentums:thinking: I believe the Momentums have gone up as well:rolling_eyes:

Koss KPH30i Fancy PP.JPG

X Mivory.JPG

For on ears but not sure if you can still get them either would be Superlux 668B's:grin: Seems they are out there but so was the word and now they are $25 more than original!

Superfly.JPG

I have them in the Rose color as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dignis In Da House.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #35,530 of 36,155

cheers
Why not tell us about your ear infection? Have you had it seen by a doctor yet?

What part of the ear is it? We might be able give you some advice if you were interested.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #35,531 of 36,155
Overhead just went off..............................."Dr. Light, you're requested in surgery stat" :wink:

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #35,532 of 36,155
Mar 12, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #35,534 of 36,155

Mar 12, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #35,535 of 36,155

Users who are viewing this thread

Back