The Audio Lounge
Mar 7, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #35,506 of 36,157
I like the idea of a warm iem with good staging and nice details. This is definitely on my radar. Any more details? Love to hear a bit more of your experience.

The Melody def fits that bill so far. I'm going to get some more ear time and do some A/B'ing over the next couple of days. I'll post up with some more impressions after that.

Mar 8, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #35,509 of 36,157

Mar 8, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #35,510 of 36,157
1709911431051.png

Mar 8, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #35,511 of 36,157
Seems my ASG Micro driver Rockets have finally met their match at least for my ears in the IMR Dawns! Unbelievably small in stature but incredible in SQ across the spectrum, paint me :astonished: As well Bob has some super tips and a nice new IMR case with them, need about half dozen more of thosee for my other IMR's:grin:

Outside of non-removable cable I think they are a stone cold bargain because if anyone remembers the Rockets were a $400+ iem when they first released but I lucked into a closeout sale on them with Lend Me about the time Fender took over.

I M Right.jpg

Mar 8, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #35,512 of 36,157
Mar 9, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #35,513 of 36,157
I'm wondering whether the dog has a pet turtle, or the turtle has a pet dog? :sunglasses:
A turtle climbing a dog is like a dog climbing Mount Everest! :nerd:

slow-turtle.gif

the-simpsons-marge-simpson.gif

the-simpson-simpson.gif

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #35,514 of 36,157
@Richsvt I tested the Kiwi Ears Melody against 4 other of my IEMs for a bit yesterday and this morning. The IMR Dawn, IMR R1 Zenith, Kinera Celest Plutus Beast, and ThieAudio Oracle MKII. The Melody is for sure worth the price imo. Even though I was trying to do some critical listening, I kept finding myself 4 or 5 songs down the playlist having completely forgetten the testing. It has this sound stage that reminds me of more intimate venues like small clubs. It's just perfect for guitar and piano and has good instrument separation. It's not a basshead IEM but it isn't lacking in the lows. It's the IEM equivalent of sitting in an Eames chair with 2 fingers of your favorite whiskey and listening to the Hell Freezes Over live version of Hotel California though a nice set of speakers. If you're looking for something vibrant and in your face then the Melody isn't that, but if you're looking for a smooth warm detailed IEM that lulls you into relaxed listening it's a damn good option.

Kiwi Ears Melody
Kiwi Ears Melody.jpg

IMR Dawn
IMR Dawn.jpg

IMR R1 Zenith
IMR R1 Zenith.jpg

Kinera Celest Plutus Beast
Kinera Celest Plutus Beast.jpg

ThieAudio Oracle MKII
Thieaudio Oracle MKII.jpg

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #35,515 of 36,157
@OldDude04 thanks for that feedback. I love the image sitting in the Eames chair with 2 fingers of whiskey and then to add HFO live. I can actually picture that and get what that sound must be like, very nice. I don't need another IEM but for the cost and the way you positioned it, sounds like a great deal. I get that when you're trying hard to test and do some critical listening and you forget and all of sudden and hour has passed and you have to go back and evaluate what you heard. It's a good sign that the combination of music and gear hit that sweet spot.

On a side note, I'm setting up my Bimby and Lyr 2 and will be rotating through some select tracks. It's been more than 5 years since I've powered up this combo (just lack of space). Have to remember where all the tubes I got for this are. I have some headphones that I've not listened to with this, excited to see if it still holds my attention.

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #35,516 of 36,157
@OldDude04 thanks for that feedback. I love the image sitting in the Eames chair with 2 fingers of whiskey and then to add HFO live. I can actually picture that and get what that sound must be like, very nice. I don't need another IEM but for the cost and the way you positioned it, sounds like a great deal. I get that when you're trying hard to test and do some critical listening and you forget and all of sudden and hour has passed and you have to go back and evaluate what you heard. It's a good sign that the combination of music and gear hit that sweet spot..

That is definitely the earmark of gear synergy. I love it when it happens.

@OldDude04 On a side note, I'm setting up my Bimby and Lyr 2 and will be rotating through some select tracks. It's been more than 5 years since I've powered up this combo (just lack of space). Have to remember where all the tubes I got for this are. I have some headphones that I've not listened to with this, excited to see if it still holds my attention.

Nice setup. What are the headphones you'll be trying out with it?

Mar 9, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #35,517 of 36,157
The M1070C and HD58X. I didn't have those when I first got that Schiit combo.

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #35,520 of 36,157
@jerick70 The Kiwi Ears Melodys got in earlier. They're not bad at all. A smooth warm tilted IEM, with a medium to close sound stage and solid detail retrieval. I'm glad I'm getting to try out a single planar IEM, but for the exact same $89, I'd still go with the Kinera Celest Plutus Beasts I bought a few weeks back. Better all around and still one of the best IEM deals under $200 imo.

2.jpg
Bro that sounds awesome. I think I may try the Kinera. I still have my IMR tribrids with planar drivers so I'm set there.

So how is the liquid spark? I got mine in and still have to listen to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back