The Audio Lounge
Sep 11, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #3,242 of 36,100
What is the IMR R1 like?

NB: If you're asking this because you've already seen the link and for whatever reason don't want to read it all, the tl;dr version of it is:
Organic, analogue sounding dual dynamic driver IEM (one ceramic, one beryllium).
Balanced sound signature, deep reaching bass which doesn't bleed into the mids, 5 filter add-ons which modify the sound signature to your preference.
Able to switch between open and closed back with a subtle but appreciable effect. £500. A pretty unique offering in terms of sound and technical features.

@Jackpot77 Did I miss anything? :)

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #3,243 of 36,100
NB: If you're asking this because you've already seen the link and for whatever reason don't want to read it all, the tl;dr version of it is:
Organic, analogue sounding dual dynamic driver IEM (one ceramic, one beryllium).
Balanced sound signature, deep reaching bass which doesn't bleed into the mids, 5 filter add-ons which modify the sound signature to your preference.
Able to switch between open and closed back with a subtle but appreciable effect. £500. A pretty unique offering in terms of sound and technical features.

@Jackpot77 Did I miss anything? :)

Love the summary, thank you. :call_me: :call_me:

Sep 11, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #3,247 of 36,100
Really like the raw look of the imr. Gonna have get a pair since I was asking about a open back dd.
This is insanity territory for me.. At 650usd I would rather get a custom.. Better yet.. For 400usd I can reshell my v6 with 64 audio..

Sep 11, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #3,248 of 36,100
A friend of mine told me about this album... I really love it

Good grief, what a find! I just had a listen and it's brilliant, right up my street! :D
Like a cross between Ride and Club 8, I've just purchased the album in FLAC on Bandcamp (downloads in other lossless and lossy formats available)
https://cigarettesaftersex.bandcamp.com/

Sep 11, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #3,249 of 36,100
This is insanity territory for me.. At 650usd I would rather get a custom.. Better yet.. For 400usd I can reshell my v6 with 64 audio..

Everyone has their own definitions of insanity. Some people will say "£40 for a pair of earphones? Are you CRAZY?!" :p
I think to notice a correlation between the length of people's Head-Fi memberships and the evolution in their definitions of insanity :wink:

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #3,250 of 36,100
I may not get the R1. Interesting IEM and from @Jackpot77's review, it should succeed where I felt the Hunter was lacking. But I backed the Liberty+, Swiss Audio S1 and the Ora GrapheneQ headphones in the past couple months. Not to mention, I just ordered the MEE Audio Pinnacle P2 (real excited about this one since it's gonna be the one to reach me soonest!). Should I slow down a bit? :p

Also, I just saw this thing up on KS......boy, if you think the TAE MSRP/discount ratio on their IEMs was a bit skewed, wait til you see the ratio on this headphone! :D
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...remium-headphones-with-pure-sound/description

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #3,251 of 36,100
Regarding my comparisons of 'Cigarettes After Sex' with 'Club 8' and 'Ride'..

Here's a YouTube video playlist for 'Above The City', my favourite album by Club 8.
Worth listening to as many songs as you can, because there's quite a variety of styles even on that one album! From trippy ambient beauty to straight-up pop bliss to dark, driving synth rock :)

Plus another song by them. This was the first one I heard, that tipped me off about the band.
Bizarrely enough, I heard it on the OST of a Korean movie called "My Tutor Friend" (English title, obviously lol); the best OST I've ever heard! :D

Finally, a couple from Ride :D

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #3,252 of 36,100
I may not get the R1. Interesting IEM and from @Jackpot77's review, it should succeed where I felt the Hunter was lacking. But I backed the Liberty+, Swiss Audio S1 and the Ora GrapheneQ headphones in the past couple months. Not to mention, I just ordered the MEE Audio Pinnacle P2 (real excited about this one since it's gonna be the one to reach me soonest!). Should I slow down a bit? :p

Also, I just saw this thing up on KS......boy, if you think the TAE MSRP/discount ratio on their IEMs was a bit skewed, wait til you see the ratio on this headphone! :D
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...remium-headphones-with-pure-sound/description

Wow, lol. A $1500 headphone for $79. Sounds legit...:wink:

"Pledge SEK 650 or moreABOUT $82
SUPER EARLY BIRD
(PRICE IN US DOLLARS: 79)

SUPER EARLY BIRD:Save $1421 (Retail Price $1500)
You’ll receive one Visuono Premium headphone with free shipping!"

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #3,253 of 36,100
Wow, lol. A $1500 headphone for $79. Sounds legit...:wink:

"Pledge SEK 650 or moreABOUT $82
SUPER EARLY BIRD
(PRICE IN US DOLLARS: 79)

SUPER EARLY BIRD:Save $1421 (Retail Price $1500)
You’ll receive one Visuono Premium headphone with free shipping!"

But there's always the nagging thought.. "but what if it really IS an incredible discount actually being offered??" :anguished:
Luckily, I don't use headphones :D

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #3,254 of 36,100
I backed the Liberty+, Swiss Audio S1 and the Ora GrapheneQ headphones in the past couple months. Not to mention, I just ordered the MEE Audio Pinnacle P2 (real excited about this one since it's gonna be the one to reach me soonest!). Should I slow down a bit? :p

You know, you really ought to ask that question to other people.. who have never heard of the Head-Fi website and think that FLAC is what you get for annoying your partner :wink:

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #3,255 of 36,100
You know, you really ought to ask that question to other people.. who have never heard of the Head-Fi website and think that FLAC is what you get for annoying your partner :wink:
But what if I don't want to hear the answer? Oh right, probably should just put one of those in and listen to music while I ask them :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back