The Audio Lounge
Sep 11, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #3,227 of 36,099
The GOTG Cosmic Mix is also a great soundtrack album - it has a little overlap from Vol 1, but it's the soundtrack from the cartoon series that followed the first film and has some great tunes on there.

Sep 11, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #3,228 of 36,099
For any ex-Trinity crew in here, just posted my review of @JustBobski 's new offering (the R1) on my other blog:

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/09/1...al-ceramicberyllium-hybrid-with-bags-of-tone/

It's a very enjoyable listen, so hoping the new start for Bob pays off and these things get out to people without any of the drama, as they are (for me) the most well balanced and enjoyable tuning he's done yet.

Will post it in Head Gear at some point, but as always, any comments/criticism etc very gratefully received.
Thanks for sharing, @Jackpot77 ; interesting read!

Sounds cool

What is "OST?"
Original SoundTrack it is indeed

Sep 11, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #3,229 of 36,099
Sep 11, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #3,232 of 36,099
I returned the M7 Pro a couple weeks ago since the left bud died and I didn't buy it from MEE Audio so their warranty terms didn't apply. But that's okay as I've now put that money towards purchasing the Pinnacle P2! Grabbed it on Amazon and it's outta stock for a few more days so I'm not gonna get it until mid next week. But I look forward to seeing how these differ from the P1 in its sound signature.

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #3,233 of 36,099
For any ex-Trinity crew in here, just posted my review of @JustBobski 's new offering (the R1) on my other blog:

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/09/1...al-ceramicberyllium-hybrid-with-bags-of-tone/

It's a very enjoyable listen, so hoping the new start for Bob pays off and these things get out to people without any of the drama, as they are (for me) the most well balanced and enjoyable tuning he's done yet.

Will post it in Head Gear at some point, but as always, any comments/criticism etc very gratefully received.

An excellent review thank you!

Although they obviously weren't to your tastes, did you do much listening at all with any of the other filters?
I'd be very interested to know what colours they were and a brief idea of how they affected the sound signature of the R1 specifically?

Actually, the review was quite annoying. Because I really want to try the R1 now! :fearful::cry::joy:

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #3,234 of 36,099
Also, I'd add that even/especially non-former-Trinity users should be interested in the IMR R1 IEM.
It's something quite unique and new in the marketplace, especially at that price point.
As such it deserves as wide an audience as possible, as does your review :)

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #3,235 of 36,099
@JustBobski
Haven't seen you on here in a bit, keeping busy? :p
Hope all's well! Was just wondering, what does IMR stand for?
And is there any significance to the 'R' in the R1? (Robert? lol) :D

Sep 11, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #3,238 of 36,099
An excellent review thank you!

Although they obviously weren't to your tastes, did you do much listening at all with any of the other filters?
I'd be very interested to know what colours they were and a brief idea of how they affected the sound signature of the R1 specifically?

Actually, the review was quite annoying. Because I really want to try the R1 now! :fearful::cry::joy:

The other filters weren't bad, actually, I just felt myself gravitating to the two listed. Annoyingly, I lost the brief notes I left myself on the other three while I was writing up the review, and the IEMs had long gone back to Bob at that point.

From memory, there was a red filter (middle of the road), a purple damped (similar to the purple but with a smoother top end if I remember right) and a silver (moooarrr bass!). As the purple has more than enough bass to keep most non hardcore bassheads happy, I didn't feel the need to crack the silvers out.

Bear in mind the filters may change colour/shape in the final production version (but Bob has confirmed the tuning was the final version so presumably the inner "barrel size" and venting will be the same on the new filters), and this was done from my very spotty recollections, so take the above with the requisite pinch of salt.

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #3,239 of 36,099
this was done from my very spotty recollections, so take the above with the requisite pinch of salt.

I'm trying to cut down on my salt intake. Accordingly, I'd better just try them for myself :p

@JustBobski would you like a second review? :wink:

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #3,240 of 36,099
Also, I'd add that even/especially non-former-Trinity users should be interested in the IMR R1 IEM.
It's something quite unique and new in the marketplace, especially at that price point.
As such it deserves as wide an audience as possible, as does your review :)
What is the IMR R1 like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back