The Audio Lounge
Aug 29, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #2,536 of 36,382
Nice @Howlin Fester , meant to post a little on concerts earlier:rolling_eyes: Best performed concert I've ever seen and have seen more than I can remember was Kansas in Germany 1978 when the original band were at their peak on the "Point of know return" tour, but the most memorable show I've ever attended was Hendrix and the Experience Feb. 1968, at the Houston Music Hall :grin: My liberal parents let me go as an 11 year old with my best bud who was 17 (I always liked hanging out with older kids, hopefully I was ahead of my time instead of just hating people my age:scream:) LOL I thought I was so cool, wore an old red, white & Blue high school band jacket with my jeans ala Sgt. Peppers:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: That was the high point of my year unfortunately in Sept. of that year I lost my father to bone cancer, but that brings me to why I'm in this hobby if it were not for music I may have never pulled through so that I could be the nemesis I am here today:tongue:
@Podster . Kansas was my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE band growing up. I have an uncle who is close to your age. He is the one who got me (the most) into music. When I was 5, he was 15. He is the one who suggested I get Kansas Masque and Dark Side of the Moon. I didn't understand/get DSOTM until I was about 12. But I firmly latched onto Kansas. Kiss and Kansas were my two bands during my formative years. But I was into everything Rock and Roll. (Beatles, Rush, Nazareth, Blue Oyster Cult, Fleetwood Mac) My uncle saw Kansas at the Syra Mosque in Pittsburgh, 1976 - Leftoverture tour. I still remember his tour shirt from the show. I have a copy of that show from the WDVE radio station broadcast.

I saw Kansas around 1991 in a small club in Raleigh. They had Steve Walsh still singing, but with Steve Morse on guitar instead of Kerry Livgren. I was right up front on Morse's side. (Guitar player here.) A lot of my equipment evaluation music is Kansas. Mostly Leftoverture. I would have loved to have seen them in 1978. I'm jealous.

I'm really sorry to hear about your father. Yes. That is why music helps to heal your soul. I remember the day that my dad came into my bedroom and handed me a cassette tape of Lefoverture. He doesn't remember doing it, but I remember him giving it to me. It was a special connection that really meant something to me. He is an "oldies" and "country" guy. So we never bonded over music. But when he gave me that Kansas tape, I thought how he really understood me. We just had a surprise 50th wedding Anniversary party for my parents this past Saturday. I'm glad to say they are still with me. I know it has been a long time, but I'm still sorry for your loss.

Aug 29, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #2,537 of 36,382
Yes 1DD 1BA, lovely to look at but the shell shape/nozzle angle not working 4 me:sob:

True @Midgetguy but I'll bet these two are classically trained where I'd bet Steve'n'Seagulls are not! (Could be wrong but I'm thinking not, when's the last time you saw an Accordion player pull up on his riding mower:rolling_eyes:)
Last Thursday :p (not actually). Not like the Steve'n'Seagulls aren't a bunch of talented guys too because they totally are, but still. Even if classically trained though, the 2Cellos guys are playing it in a way never once thought possible. As Sir Elton John has once said (and I'm paraphrasing here) when interviewed about them, "it's not a thing, cello players don't rock out. But these guys do". Dare I say it, but their rendition of Mombasa by Hans Zimmer live at Arena di Verona evokes as much intensity as the original version did with an entire orchestra. 3 guys! Because lest we forget, the drummer they're touring with is totally nailing it.

Aug 29, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #2,539 of 36,382
Hi everyone, any reviews yet for Mee Audio M7 pro? Already got the M6 pro and I want to upgrade to M7. Is it worth it? thanks guys
How does the M6 Pro sound to you? I haven't listened to the M6 Pro so I dunno how it compares. The M7 Pro is a warm and dark IEM with a LOT of bass energy. Incredible amount of fun for me though.

Aug 29, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #2,540 of 36,382
M6 is more on a heavy side for me, other says its neutral, it depends on what type of music and format. I been looking for a different type of hybrid but considering the price of Mee Audio and the fit that I experience from M6 I am decided to get one. But I always read reviews first before I buy things and hope somebody here could enlighten me. Thanks

Aug 29, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #2,541 of 36,382
@Podster . Kansas was my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE band growing up. I have an uncle who is close to your age. He is the one who got me (the most) into music. When I was 5, he was 15. He is the one who suggested I get Kansas Masque and Dark Side of the Moon. I didn't understand/get DSOTM until I was about 12. But I firmly latched onto Kansas. Kiss and Kansas were my two bands during my formative years. But I was into everything Rock and Roll. (Beatles, Rush, Nazareth, Blue Oyster Cult, Fleetwood Mac) My uncle saw Kansas at the Syra Mosque in Pittsburgh, 1976 - Leftoverture tour. I still remember his tour shirt from the show. I have a copy of that show from the WDVE radio station broadcast.

I saw Kansas around 1991 in a small club in Raleigh. They had Steve Walsh still singing, but with Steve Morse on guitar instead of Kerry Livgren. I was right up front on Morse's side. (Guitar player here.) A lot of my equipment evaluation music is Kansas. Mostly Leftoverture. I would have loved to have seen them in 1978. I'm jealous.

I'm really sorry to hear about your father. Yes. That is why music helps to heal your soul. I remember the day that my dad came into my bedroom and handed me a cassette tape of Lefoverture. He doesn't remember doing it, but I remember him giving it to me. It was a special connection that really meant something to me. He is an "oldies" and "country" guy. So we never bonded over music. But when he gave me that Kansas tape, I thought how he really understood me. We just had a surprise 50th wedding Anniversary party for my parents this past Saturday. I'm glad to say they are still with me. I know it has been a long time, but I'm still sorry for your loss.

THX Howlin' , as Jelli as I am of everyone who gets to have a long life with parents I'm also happy for them:wink: I think it's Palladia who has been running a killer Rock-U-Mentory on Kansas of late, they were truly a bunch of Salt of the Earth guys with extreme talent but humble as could be (well maybe Steve got a little big head for a while) but by his performance at my concert he may have been well deserved! Never has a band of this size been so on from one phase of a song to another, the old adage of "Timing is everything" has never been more true.

@Midgetguy I hear you and take absolutely nothing away fro the two cello guys, once again and as above they laid that track down from start to finish. High to low and EVRYTHING in the middle:thumbsup:Not in the same ball park but I had the same impressions the first time I saw Rush and ZZ Top, I was like how in the heck are these three guys making so much noise and good noise at that:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #2,542 of 36,382
M6 is more on a heavy side for me, other says its neutral, it depends on what type of music and format. I been looking for a different type of hybrid but considering the price of Mee Audio and the fit that I experience from M6 I am decided to get one. But I always read reviews first before I buy things and hope somebody here could enlighten me. Thanks
I'm not entirely sure what to say about them. They're great IEMs if you're looking for a warm and dark sound signature. The huge amounts of bass are incredible for any sort of pop or EDM, but less suitable for jazz or orchestral pieces due to the mids and treble being dialed back a bit. Sound stage isn't all that large either. Detail is surprisingly good for something with increased bass and decreased mids and treble which is where you usually would find the detail and clarity. Feels like it's taken just a small chip of capability from the flagship P1 since I consider the P1 to be one of the very best for clarity and detail in anything less than $300.

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #2,545 of 36,382
While we are talking about Blues, My favorite discovery from the past 10 years or so is JJ Grey and Mofro.
Here is "Somebody Else" from the album = The River.

If you like that, then go right into 99 Shades of Crazy from the same album.
Then Check out The river. Soulful but slower.

If you haven't heard JJ, enjoy.
Hope someone loves him as much as I do.

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #2,546 of 36,382
Aug 29, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #2,550 of 36,382
So my 64 audio U8 is currently in CANADA!! WOO!! AMAZING!!!!!... Just on the wrong coast. Haha.. :\ It's in Richmond BC, so has to travel across Canada to reach me. STILL better than anything Trinity can do :p

Oh now that's just a low blow Karendar:open_mouth: LOL With what you have gone through they are lucky you were this nice:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back