The Audio Lounge
Aug 20, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #25,246 of 36,068
Just for fun a little picture puzzle:
wii.jpg

What is it? ^^

Aug 20, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #25,247 of 36,068
wow

Is youth instead of teen ok?

Although there is no song called Teenage Wasteland...it shall be allowed...see rule 1 &2.

Aug 20, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #25,250 of 36,068
No one an idea? It's a helpful tool... :wink:
I'm guessing it's an opener/remover of sorts.

Maybe a bottle opener

Aug 20, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #25,253 of 36,068
You're right, it's a remover. :beerchug:

It's to remove a mmcx plug from your IEM with ease.

cheers
Final Audio, who would have thought?

Only the Japanese can come up with contraptions like these.

Aug 20, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #25,255 of 36,068
What is it? ^^

Is it for removing MMCX cables from Iem's?
You're right, it's a remover. :beerchug:

It's to remove a mmcx plug from your IEM with ease.

cheers

Looks a bit delicate, how longs that going to last? Also some makes are harder to remove than others.

Personally I prefer the old fashioned method, perfected over many years by generations of Head Fi-ers :construction_worker:

hammer.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #25,256 of 36,068
two pin for noble encores scared the crap out of me. When inserting my DHC cable i was scared id bend break the pins, but was ok. no A/B with the stock if i take them out not sure if i could get them back in.

Aug 21, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #25,258 of 36,068
Aug 21, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #25,259 of 36,068
It is true that the Ocean divides us but so does language. Here is a question to which I personally would have replied that there is quite a difference in the meaning of "fanny."

Jason Zimmerman

·
Updated April 3
BS from Electrical Engineering (college major) & Mathematics (college minor), University of Kentucky (Graduated 1997)

What is a British idiom that simply can't be used in America?
Many years ago I dated a young English girl. I was visiting her family at the hotel where they had come to visit her in Kentucky. When I noticed that her father was missing, I asked her, “Where’s your dad?”
”He’s probably out fagging,” she responded.
“What??” I replied, incredulously.
“He’s out having a fag.” she said.
“Is your mom okay with this?”
“Well, not really. She wishes he would quit, but he keeps smoking anyway.”
I’d say you can’t tell people in America that you’re out having a fag. It has a completely different meaning over here.
Edit: To all of you who noted that “No one would ever say, ‘out fagging’ “, I get it. That’s not commonly used in the UK. But you’re wrong. She actually used those words. Those are the words that got my attention. My memory is not bad. The only possible explanation I can offer is this: she was a bit of a strange girl and she definitely marched to her own drum beat. Maybe she was more likely to say something a bit off than all of you more proper English folk.

Aug 21, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #25,260 of 36,068
It is true that the Ocean divides us but so does language. Here is a question to which I personally would have replied that there is quite a difference in the meaning of "fanny."

Jason Zimmerman
·
Updated April 3
BS from Electrical Engineering (college major) & Mathematics (college minor), University of Kentucky (Graduated 1997)

What is a British idiom that simply can't be used in America?
Many years ago I dated a young English girl. I was visiting her family at the hotel where they had come to visit her in Kentucky. When I noticed that her father was missing, I asked her, “Where’s your dad?”
”He’s probably out fagging,” she responded.
“What??” I replied, incredulously.
“He’s out having a fag.” she said.
“Is your mom okay with this?”
“Well, not really. She wishes he would quit, but he keeps smoking anyway.”
I’d say you can’t tell people in America that you’re out having a fag. It has a completely different meaning over here.
Edit: To all of you who noted that “No one would ever say, ‘out fagging’ “, I get it. That’s not commonly used in the UK. But you’re wrong. She actually used those words. Those are the words that got my attention. My memory is not bad. The only possible explanation I can offer is this: she was a bit of a strange girl and she definitely marched to her own drum beat. Maybe she was more likely to say something a bit off than all of you more proper English folk.

My First job out of college I worked with a guy from England and I had the same reaction when he stated he was going out for a “fag”. I was like alrighty then, a guy who knows what he wants and not afraid to state it. Then he explained to me what the term meant and we both had a good laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back