The Audio Lounge
Aug 8, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #25,186 of 36,139
I’m mesmerized by the cat giff, is this real?
2EFAD2DF-BAE6-4134-8B8E-268FD960DA41.gif

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #25,187 of 36,139
I've got a question for @majo123 and others who like the iBasso DAPs - What's your opinion of the Fidelizer hardware and/or firmware mods? Thanks!
I'm a "if it ain't broke don't fix" type of guy I'm not a tweaker in any way , I tend to feel that the guys that generally build daps or write software for any dap tend to probably know what they are doing more than anyone... without going into too much detail and mainly to not start a huge right or wrong debate, example....I have tried a few other softwares/players other than stock on both fiio and ibasso daps from reading others supposed miraculous audio upgrade, did I feel as some suggested a HUGE benefit in audio upgrade? well no ...does this mean I don't have golden ears or does it mean that a lot of it is placebo? You decide :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 8, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #25,189 of 36,139
I hear ya, I have a buddy who just got his Med Canni Card :scream: Yes, his name really is Ian Moore

Moore Grass.JPG
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Then he tells me he has a 2.5 Oz. limit per every two weeks and my response was if I smoked 5.0 Oz. of this bud per month I'd make Spicoli look like a genius:rolling_eyes: Then again I might just be Trump Smart:thinking:

Aug 9, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #25,191 of 36,139
Hi guys,

I missed the previous WOW, but these songs have been on my mind ever since, so I think I'll just post them anyway and you can consider them as a bit of Sunday listening :)
First up, amusingly-titled The The with 'Dogs of Lust'. Can't beat a good bit of bluesy harmonica :)

Next, it's the pride of Bradford, Terrorvision, with the unusual but rather rocking 'Dog Chewed The Handle'. Plus points for alien soundtrack noises in the background :)

Finally, a little-known 90's gem, here's Belly with 'Slow Dog'. Oh, that euphoric chorus! :D

Happy Sunday everybody :)

Aug 9, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #25,194 of 36,139
chilling?

Aug 9, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #25,195 of 36,139
I'm a "if it ain't broke don't fix" type of guy I'm not a tweaker in any way , I tend to feel that the guys that generally build daps or write software for any dap tend to probably know what they are doing more than anyone... without going into too much detail and mainly to not start a huge right or wrong debate, example....I have tried a few other softwares/players other than stock on both fiio and ibasso daps from reading others supposed miraculous audio upgrade, did I feel as some suggested a HUGE benefit in audio upgrade? well no ...does this mean I don't have golden ears or does it mean that a lot of it is placebo? You decide :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I've actually been modifying my audio electronics since the mid-70s - so I guess I've got a different take on things.

Aug 9, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #25,196 of 36,139
I've actually been modifying my audio electronics since the mid-70s - so I guess I've got a different take on things.
Each to there own my friend, some like to tweak and others don't... me I'm generally happy with what I purchase , I'm not even a fan of changeable amp modules as I just end up using my favourite anyway.

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #25,198 of 36,139
20200809_092326.jpg

Another fine and glorious day.

Hey, a quick question. Been wanting to try kayaking or sailing.
I've seen classes at a local sailing/watersports centre for sit-on-top kayaking (any other classes require BCS certification, which I don't have).
It offers "singlehanded or doublehanded" options, but I'm not sure what this means or which would be best for me.
Feel free to PM me if you don't want to go off-topic (well, anymore than we usually do, haha).

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #25,199 of 36,139
Hey, a quick question. Been wanting to try kayaking or sailing.
I've seen classes at a local sailing/watersports centre for sit-on-top kayaking (any other classes require BCS certification, which I don't have).
It offers "singlehanded or doublehanded" options, but I'm not sure what this means or which would be best for me.
Feel free to PM me if you don't want to go off-topic (well, anymore than we usually do, haha).
Single handed is probably with one large paddle in an open type kayak/canoe like this.
15251.jpg
Using the paddle either side, you would probably use this more on slow moving rivers all though I have seen it on fast.
I do more sporty type kayaking as you can see from my pics with kayaks that are more suited to various use , I.e white water or surf or even just flat calm water...my open kayak is self bailing ideal for white water and surf and the cockpit one is as good all rounder too.i use high end inflatables for ease of transportation but I have owned various solid kayaks too ,from sit on tops to play boats ... infact one of my favourite ever kayaks was a sit on top, one of these.
139758-115727.jpg

If you want to know more just ask.
Pm me

Aug 10, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #25,200 of 36,139

Hazel Lockey

·
September 19, 2019
History Enthusiast

What were the scariest coincidences that happened in history?
Originally Answered: What are the scariest coincidences in history?
You’ll have heard of Albert Camus - the guy who won the Nobel Literature Prize and wrote The Stranger and The Myth of Sisyphus.
main-qimg-dab4ac9d3aee06e517e8ff193ddd2212

On the day he died, January 4th, 1960 (aged only 46), he was planning to take a train up to Paris. That was until his friend and publisher, Michel Gallimard, persuaded him to take an automobile instead.
They lost control on an icy road in the small town of Villeblevin. The car swerved and crashed into a tree, killing Camus, and Gallimard five days later. The unused train ticket was found in Camus’ pocket.
It turns out Camus had intense motorphobia - a morbid fear of automobiles. Instead of driving, he mostly took trains wherever he went. And the one time that he decided to take a car, he was killed in a car crash.
According to Literary Kicks, Camus said:
‘I know nothing more stupid than to die in an automobile accident.’
Oh, the irony.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back