The Audio Lounge
Apr 29, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #23,867 of 36,387
Glad to hear that you are liking it. The thinness you mention might improve with some burn-in time..........

I have never bothered going down the balanced rabbit hole!

My dap and headgear days are over since I got sudden hearing loss in one of my ears.

I have to protect my remaining ear and I reckon that in-ears are bad for long term hearing.

These days it is mainly speakers that I listen to, so my gear buying days are over.
I wouldn't say its thin perse its just n6ii , r6pro and dx160 are very full meaty sounding daps with more warmth, it still sounds more full than something like m11 to my ears ..this has bags of power too.

This is not a thin sounding dap, just the transition from 160

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #23,868 of 36,387
Glad to hear that you are liking it. The thinness you mention might improve with some burn-in time..........

I have never bothered going down the balanced rabbit hole!

My dap and headgear days are over since I got sudden hearing loss in one of my ears.

I have to protect my remaining ear and I reckon that in-ears are bad for long term hearing.

These days it is mainly speakers that I listen to, so my gear buying days are over.
Sorry to hear about your ear mate, not good , over ears probably are better in the long run.

Apr 29, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #23,869 of 36,387
Aleve. (Naproxin) ? Only thing that ever works for me.
Hi Mary, it is good to see you!

My wife tried that but she got bad side effects.

You are lucky that your stomach can handle it. As you will know, it is best to take most things with food. However paracetamol is one of the few painkillers that has no affect on the stomach.

A lot of people don't know that most people can take Ibuprofen and paracetamol at the same time, provided they don't exceed the recommended daily doses.

Apr 29, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #23,870 of 36,387
Hi Mary, it is good to see you!

My wife tried that but she got bad side effects.

You are lucky that your stomach can handle it. As you will know, it is best to take most things with food. However paracetamol is one of the few painkillers that has no affect on the stomach.

A lot of people don't know that most people can take Ibuprofen and paracetamol at the same time, provided they don't exceed the recommended daily doses.

I use the American brand name version..Aleve. It has been over the counter there and is slightly less strong. Smaller and easier to swallow.added ingredients may be different. It has never bothered my stomach. One small pill every 12 hours. I don't take it daily though.. Just when my hands or neck are too painful.

I avoid medications as much as possible...usually I will have whatever side effects are on offer.

My daughter brings me a bottle of Aleve when she visits You can get a bottle with anything from 60 to 300. Unlike here with all the over packaging.. 16 indidually wrapped paracetamol in a box. Limit of two boxes. I was shocked when I came here.

Parcetomol does nothing for me. Ibuprofen (advil) gives me the worst headache ever.

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #23,871 of 36,387
I was in this routine myself. Then my wife started complaining that I smelled bad and she wouldn't be in the same room with me or drive in the car with me. Our sex life suffered so now I'm taking a shower daily.... On another note... Please bath daily. The people that your care about deserve it. :ksc75smile:

Much like Donny T, I claim sarcasm.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #23,872 of 36,387

Apr 29, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #23,873 of 36,387
WOW: Whip

Apr 29, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #23,874 of 36,387
Didn’t we whip it already?

Apr 29, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #23,880 of 36,387
Well I'm actually pretty liking the dtr1, it has positives and negatives like any dap.
Firstly my mistake it actually does scroll down through folders you just need to hold that little bit longer than used too, build as I said is not dx160 but solid and pretty neat, size is fantastic smallest dap with this level of audio i have seen, smaller than a pack of cards

Next to dx160 and that's with case which is chunky itself
20200429_162438.jpg

Audio is very good , detail retrieval for me is probably the best i have heard and this includes 208 and 160 , at times its like listening to a new album even though you know it inside out, I feel at times it comes at a price though as this dap will reveal every bit of crap a bad recording throws at it lol where as 160 smooths round it...stage is good and no complaints, layering and spacial queues are awesome, listening to Keith moon playing drums on this is truly fantastic! And I feel this is where this dap truly shines for me in its delivery which far outways anything I have heard.
Instruments , drums, guitars tonality sound very very realistic and makes dx160 seem a bit fake compared.
20200429_161754.jpg
20200429_161835.jpg

I will still say this wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea though, it definitely shines with great recordings and it's a joy when it does, but it won't polish out the bad ones...also with the sensitive andro there is a bit of noise, not so bad you notice it when music is playing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back