The Audio Lounge
Aug 30, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #20,311 of 36,019
I just put in my Rah order.... I really like IMR kit....
I hear you mate. Have you seen aten r2 thread? Its flooding with RAH pre-order fury haha.
The fact that you can use your beefy loyalty code with early commitment discount is unreal!

I basicaly don't need to explain my wife "why am i spending short holiday in Mediterranean worth of money on earplugs on a cable" haha

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #20,312 of 36,019
I hear you mate. Have you seen aten r2 thread? Its flooding with RAH pre-order fury haha.
The fact that you can use your beefy loyalty code with early commitment discount is unreal!

I basicaly don't need to explain my wife "why am i spending short holiday in Mediterranean worth of money on earplugs on a cable" haha
No I haven't. But I bet it's a happening place. £260 for a pair of top tier IEMs is a steal IMO. The R2 is a gem of a pair of IEMs and the Rah looks like it may better it.

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #20,314 of 36,019
No I haven't. But I bet it's a happening place. £260 for a pair of top tier IEMs is a steal IMO. The R2 is a gem of a pair of IEMs and the Rah looks like it may better it.

Planar will just push the high freqs further than the R2's... Wondering if it'll be that much better to justify R2 owners to upgrade.Looks a tad thicker too, which I'm not a fan of.

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #20,315 of 36,019
Dipping my toes into the BT IEM scene.
Got the Tranya T3 last night and initial impressions are good. Deep bass but bleeds into the mids a lot. Treble was very rolled off but some details still came through. Soundstage was narrow and height was low. Might need some break-in. Pairing was fast and easy. Sounded great through the M2X. Weird with no cables (I love cables so this was disconcerting). I need some more head-time with these but I like them for what they are.

I actually got the Tranya T1 pro's for 12 CAD during prime day... Connectivity is great, sound is basic. Battery life is insane.

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #20,316 of 36,019
Planar will just push the high freqs further than the R2's... Wondering if it'll be that much better to justify R2 owners to upgrade.Looks a tad thicker too, which I'm not a fan of.
It looks like he is doing something with the bass too. The frequency response is different.....
8 - 50000Hz. It may be because these are closed though.

Aug 30, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #20,318 of 36,019
I've been so happy with my IEM gear lately, I'm not even looking at IEMs for the time being. I know, I know, but I mean it this time, lol. :p
We should check back on this in a week or two :D

I'll pass my turn this time, even though it's tempting. Really hurts that 260 converts to 420 CAD.
Just pay in bags of gravel. It's worth about the same as CAD :p

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #20,320 of 36,019
. Just pay in bags of gravel. It's worth about the same as CAD :p[/QUOTE said:
Who knew Trump was on here?

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #20,322 of 36,019
Just pay in bags of gravel. It's worth about the same as CAD :p
True, but our virtually free and overall very good health care makes up for it. Pretty sure if I lived in the US by this point in my life I would have consumed several hundred thousands worth of health care. So the lower dollar has been ok. Not to mention only about 6 years ago for a short time our dollar was worth a tiny bit more. And we have large numbers of US citizens who have to come to Canada to buy their insulin because the pricing structure in the US makes it almost unaffordable for quite a few US citizens.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #20,323 of 36,019
Aug 30, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #20,324 of 36,019
True, but our virtually free and overall very good health care makes up for it. Pretty sure if I lived in the US by this point in my life I would have consumed several hundred thousands worth of health care. So the lower dollar has been ok. Not to mention only about 6 years ago for a short time our dollar was worth a tiny bit more. And we have large numbers of US citizens who have to come to Canada to buy their insulin because the pricing structure in the US makes it almost unaffordable for quite a few US citizens.
No, if you were over here, you'd be dead. Healthcare system here is bad. That bag of gravel could probably solve your problems :D

Does it matter?
Yes it does. One's a bumbling buffoon and the other is a bumbling buffoon with a British accent. Very distinct :D

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #20,325 of 36,019
Yeah the health care system here operates around one thing - money. Even with a good insurance plan, you could end up paying tens of thousands of dollars for some things. I think the problem isn't the insurance companies. The problem is drug companies and hospitals. In Canada and some European countries, they basically tell them what they are allowed to charge for goods and services. Since everyone in those countries is on public health coverage, the government can tell these companies to go pee up a rope if they don't like the prices being set. The drug companies and hospitals have no other way to make any profit so they're left no choice but to accept or negotiate. That's how they are able to negotiate fair prices. That's what they need here in the United States. People also think government health care would be like the VA hospital system where you wait months to see a doctor or some of these hypothetical situations like death panels. These are legitimate concerns but we have some of the best doctors and health care facilities in the world and I think we can implement this and make it work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back