The Audio Lounge
Jun 21, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #17,926 of 36,387
I was going to ask but I knew it would be a hard sell. lol
Just love that little piece. Got a decent price...it flies under the radar of the wife...
Had to get the silver. I had 2 blacks before. Just an awesome scheme for it. I'll do the silver... too great a signature. I still have my old FW that I loved...

You have a good X3ii modded firmware? You should upload that somewhere for a fellow Lounger and X3ii brother, lol.

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #17,927 of 36,387
I will send it to you. It is modded to give bigger font size (I know but it's hard getting old) and special alpha search menu. I will drop it somewhere here if the file size allows (if not I can PM it to anyone)...

Jun 21, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #17,928 of 36,387
I will send it to you. It is modded to give bigger font size (I know but it's hard getting old) and special alpha search menu. I will drop it somewhere here if the file size allows (if not I can PM it to anyone)...

Sweet, let me know what you end up doing. :thumbsup:

Jun 21, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #17,929 of 36,387
catching some time with the X5 v1>PA Nickel>balanced braided cable>HD6XX
Great sounds

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #17,930 of 36,387
I just bought an Emotiva XDA-2 DAC to pair with my Emotiva A-100 amp. Should be in mid next week, looking forward to hearing that combo with some planars. :L3000:
I hope you enjoy the XDA-2. I've heard it is excellent. Emo had some issue when it first was released but I'm sure it's worked out. I LOVE my Stealth 8s and run all of their gear in my home theater except my speakers. Sweet stuff!!!!

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #17,931 of 36,387
Sorry, last one...this just sounds so good...

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #17,933 of 36,387
I hope you enjoy the XDA-2. I've heard it is excellent. Emo had some issue when it first was released but I'm sure it's worked out. I LOVE my Stealth 8s and run all of their gear in my home theater except my speakers. Sweet stuff!!!!

I love my Emotiva A-100 so much it's in my "Never Sell" category. It just has a synergy with planar headphones that I'll never let go. I'm hoping the XDA-2 works well with the A-100 and a balanced amp I have my eye on for the future. :p

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #17,935 of 36,387
Morning all , well it is here.
More update on the Hiby R6 Pro, just used my phone as a tether, first time I have used the WiFi and got interference, trying normal WiFi as I speak but seems no interference, had 1 crash too but again do these 2 random things mean I'm reaching for the tissues, I think not! Been absolutely excellent other than this... Love the dap.

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #17,936 of 36,387
Also this is a very full sounding dap, thickness of notes etc, as I said I was looking for iems like my etys but with a bit more fullness but fit and audio on the last few purchases just haven't worked out for me..... The etys on this are awesome when I was using the 208 I still preferred the etys accuracy over the rui but the rui just had that fullness that made me still appreciate and like them.... Fast forward same scenario on the R6pro, the etys hands down now are clear favourites they have more fullness and the stereo imaging is by far better than the rui on this. That's not to say the rui aren't good it's just the ety accuracy deals with it better.... Very happy camper, don't feel the need to iem hunt at the moment and the etys obviously fit well, I got a good deal on the R6 Pro saved just over half of what the N6ii would of cost me full retail and I'm happy with it all, yes there's always better room for improvement but honestly this is a fantastic combo and I feel the need to purchase nothing! :fearful:
I still have 3 quarters of the N6ii money and I dont want anything! ... Well I'm thinking headphones now pmsl as this Hiby has severe juice.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #17,937 of 36,387
@Light - Man yes I'm still getting a little electrical noise when the WiFi and Bluetooth are on with my N6ii. I only hear it with really sensitive IEMs though. I forgot all about it because you don't hear it unless there is a break in audio and you have really sensitive IEMs. I have an email in to Cayin to see what they think.

@SteveOliver do you have this issue? You can check by turning the volume all the way down when you have a song playing and the Wifi or Bluetooth on.

Well on the low gain setting @ zero volume I still hear the music very quiet, like a whisper with the W80. But no detectable noise with wifi and bluetooth on whilst browsing the BBC News website, as an aside, did you know a trial 50mph speed limit on the M4 is going to become permanent, madness I tell you, when will it end. :)

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #17,938 of 36,387
I still have 3 quarters of the N6ii money and I dont want anything! M... Well I'm thinking headphones now pmsl as this Hiby has severe juice.

That's my thinking too, I was going to visit highendheadphones this morning they have a Focal/Naim open day and a chance to drive a Bentley, OK that bit I won't do. :) But I was thinking of having a listen to the Focal Stellia with the N6ii. There is no way I could afford it or buy it if I could though, but curiosity you know.

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #17,939 of 36,387
That's my thinking too, I was going to visit highendheadphones this morning they have a Focal/Naim open day and a chance to drive a Bentley, OK that bit I won't do. :) But I was thinking of having a listen to the Focal Stellia with the N6ii. There is no way I could afford it or buy it if I could though, but curiosity you know.
Do it... Remortgage lol

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #17,940 of 36,387

I'm gonna wait for canjam see what's good up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back