The Audio Lounge
Jun 19, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #17,746 of 36,032
As yet, I can't think of any songs with 'Welcome'. Except for 'Welcome to the Jungle', which was already taken.
So here's an excellent Fountains of Wayne album, 'Welcome Interstate Managers':

I think album titles (and even artist's names) count too:)

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #17,747 of 36,032
I was actually 15 in 1976, but this is something to consider... :wink:
64903335_1672818862850513_575246681012961280_n.jpg

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #17,750 of 36,032
Take this with a pinch of salt but the way i see it with selling on gear is firstly how much is it worth to the potential buyer? And secondly how much is it worth sat in a cupboard? I took some hits no doubt but I can't take it with me and also it still means that I end up with new better gear out of it even if the hits were bigger, something is better than nothing after all... My 2 cents but as I said pinch of salt.... Oh and unless the R6 Pro really rocks my world the N6ii is still on its way just deviated a little lol
@majo123 Hope the pup is feeling better.

I completely agree with this philosophy of selling. To me it's more about what is the value to others and I set my prices to be attractive to people looking for that item as to me if I decide to sell it's better getting something rather than watch it gather dust. i know some of my latest listings I sold several things below market but I was happy and people that bought the gear seemed happy and that's all that matters. I'm going to relist my Trinity IEM'S at best offer simply because I like other stuff better and have a new IEM inbound today that will replace stuff in my 3 way rotation. BTW this week rotation is my EE CIEM Spartans, need to roll a 2.5 copper cable onto it to see if they benefit going balanced, currently EA Ares 3.5 cable on them. May pick one up at CanJam this weekend since I'm holding off on the DAP wars. Still want that wm1Z though just need to find 2K and no one wants my kidneys or liver trust me.

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #17,751 of 36,032
@majo123 Hope the pup is feeling better.

I completely agree with this philosophy of selling. To me it's more about what is the value to others and I set my prices to be attractive to people looking for that item as to me if I decide to sell it's better getting something rather than watch it gather dust. i know some of my latest listings I sold several things below market but I was happy and people that bought the gear seemed happy and that's all that matters. I'm going to relist my Trinity IEM'S at best offer simply because I like other stuff better and have a new IEM inbound today that will replace stuff in my 3 way rotation. BTW this week rotation is my EE CIEM Spartans, need to roll a 2.5 copper cable onto it to see if they benefit going balanced, currently EA Ares 3.5 cable on them. May pick one up at CanJam this weekend since I'm holding off on the DAP wars. Still want that wm1Z though just need to find 2K and no one wants my kidneys or liver trust me.
Wm1z too much for my budget! Cayin N6ii will be my limit... My rui are a good example I paid a bit for those and I have had to drop right down which honestly I'm surprised at as they are built fantastic and sound pretty fantastic too, but they hurt my ears and will sit and gather dust no point keeping, fingers crossed I have a buyer anyway but can't for another week if unsold... More towards the Cayin.

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #17,754 of 36,032
Don't slap me, but I've never heard Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
I'd always imagined them as sounding something like Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (who I like).
I got quite a surprise when I listened to that. A good one though :D
@Layman1 nothing like (CSNY - which I also like). You might like other ELP songs. My favorite is probably Lucky Man.

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #17,756 of 36,032
It's a funny thing about how music has the power to anchor itself in one's subconscious, attached to specific moments and memories.
I mentally play Deacon Blue's 'Love and Regret' when I recall the first time I was dumped, I remember the feeling of awe and atmosphere as I listened to Grant Lee Buffalo's 'Fuzzy' album for the first time, in a room with candles and a big window open to the stars, in the house I lived in after leaving home, every time I think back to that time and place.

And, bizarrely, I can never hear Mr. Mister's song 'Kyrie' without remembering the quartet of YA sci-fi books 'The Last Legionnaire' by Douglas Hill.
Must have been on the radio a lot when I was reading them or something :)
I do the same with music. When I do this it peaks my psychology background training. I graduated from University in physio psychology. I do nothing of the sort in the real world though. I'm an IT guy.

This article is an interesting read.....

https://sites.psu.edu/siowfa16/2016/09/16/why-does-music-trigger-specific-memories/

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20140417-why-does-music-evoke-memories

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #17,757 of 36,032
And just because I like it

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #17,758 of 36,032
And because it's goofy

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #17,760 of 36,032
If the artist formally known as Price was still with us, you could probably ask him and he would change his name to Welcome....

The problem is that he would soon change it to the symbol below, which is Kanji for welcome, haha.

1103.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back