The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Mar 31, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #4,817 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by PPkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
first batch of compass final version has been shipped according to his website... maybe currawong can update the first post? cheers..

I saw that too, but it isn't reflected on his "Shipping Page". Probably just hasn't gotten around to updating it yet. I ordered mine early March, so hopefully I am in this first batch!
dt880smile.png

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #4,819 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw that too, but it isn't reflected on his "Shipping Page". Probably just hasn't gotten around to updating it yet. I ordered mine early March, so hopefully I am in this first batch!
dt880smile.png

Shipping today seems to have been the batch orders. (See the shipping page.) So, unless you happen to live in Malaysia or Singapore, that's probably not you. Sorry. But if you think progress is slow, just watch the number of Compasses appearing on the shipping page in the coming week and you will know why things are taking a bit of time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtraNice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could I please have the link to the shipping page?
I just ordered to today + using EMS, so I'll be playing the waiting game.
frown.gif

н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

I guess waiting for you should be less long than for previous people who ordered. I'm amazed to see that they even plan to ship 4 days after ordering for every Compass ordered after April 10.

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #4,820 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drosera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But if you think progress is slow, just watch the number of Compasses appearing on the shipping page in the coming week and you will know why things are taking a bit of time.

I'm sort of curious what the final tally will be. Considering almost all the US press probably comes from this Site it'll be an interesting measure of how much power head-fi has over the market in general.

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #4,821 of 7,725
Seems like the first batch's units went mostly to VR-Zone forums MO as expected.

Ordered my piece on 11 - 12th March, can't wait for it. Maybe I'll write some impressions (with my bad English skills) how it performs with my music taste, as there don't seem to be many junglists/technoheads/oldskool trancecrackers and IDM or ambient listeners... at least within those who ordered Compass, I guess.

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #4,824 of 7,725
Mar 31, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #4,826 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI for US folks: if this thing doesn't make it past customs, I peeked in the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and found that the likely charge for import tariff is 4.9%. Apparently there is some other user fee that can be assessed as well that I think would be a flat $5-$9.

Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States
Classification: 8518.40.20
CROSS Customs Rulings Online Search System

Have yet to see this happen with anything I've ordered from China (5 or 6 packages in the last year or so), just for the record.

Mar 31, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #4,828 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is quite funny. I asked Kingwa about whether the C2C would work balanced, and he replied he could put two of them in a big box to work balanced. Before I knew it, he said he'd completed the design and was wondering how many inputs it should have!

WOW a balanced C2C that would be very cool. Kingwa is amazing, I cant believe how open he is to these ideas!

As far as customs goes, ive gotten to hdam orders from audio gd with no problem except one order came though LA, then went to New Jersey, then showed up in oregon a week later!

Also my roommates compass came with no hitch.

Hopefully mine will come no problem.

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #4,829 of 7,725
I purchased Feb 22nd. Hope I am in the first batch as well. I want to get this thing burned in quickly to see if I should order another for the office before the promo price is over.

Do you think I could get Kingwa to make a custom one with 2-3 toslink inputs? I want to use this bad boy for blu-ray, DVD, Airport Express...

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #4,830 of 7,725
Ok, FAQ and 1st post updated. I've started a thread for discussion of the Phoenix balanced HP amp here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back