The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Apr 10, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #5,221 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by nauxolo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did switch different options. When I was in ASIO4ALL (since I use that for foobar to output to my digital out on my x-fi card), it said that Status: Logically unavailable or something like that . "Your computer hates you!"

Try switching default playback option to xtreme music (with and again without compass connected) in control panel>sound. What exactly does the error message pop up? Tried doing a search for "status: logically unavailable" and got nothing.

Apr 10, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #5,222 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To prevent scratches on the surface ?

By the way my compass have been ordered.
tongue_smile.gif

isn't that the function of the bubble wrap? and it was way to thin to protect anything...
congrats on your decision, you wont regret it...
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #5,223 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by WallyPower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
isn't that the function of the bubble wrap? and it was way to thin to protect anything...

By the looks of it, it was a residue that came from the bubblewrap and that was pressed into the surface of the compass by the packaging foam.

Apr 10, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #5,226 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone know whether audio gd have or is planning to produce usb dac which is better than the compass?

Yes, as far as I know the DAC-19SE MkIII/and/or the Reference Three will have USB. (It's not quite certain whether the Reference Three is still coming or not.) It will be a DAC based on the mono PCM1704, it will either have two or four of those chips.

Apr 10, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #5,227 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drosera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, as far as I know the DAC-19SE MkIII/and/or the Reference Three will have USB. (It's not quite certain whether the Reference Three is still coming or not.) It will be a DAC based on the mono PCM1704, it will either have two or four of those chips.

thanks

is there any url link for the reference theree because i can't seem to find them on their website

as for the dac 19se MkIII.. Is it this one?
н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #5,228 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks

is there any url link for the reference theree because i can't seem to find them on their website

as for the dac 19se MkIII.. Is it this one?
н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

Yes, more or less (it's going through redesign). Here's a link to the previous version in English. As to the Reference Three, there's still an old page here, but that also will look different in the end.

Apr 10, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #5,229 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioPhewl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always pronounced it as graydough/greydough. If the native non-English speakers don't understand the "dough", it rhymes with mow(mowing the grass on the lawn) or snow(white frozen flakes of water).

Pronunciation is the biggest downside to the English language. The same spelling can have different meanings, and different pronunciations. And different spellings can sound exactly the same...

Happy listening!
smily_headphones1.gif

~Phewl.

Lol.... why do I feel as though I'm back in school again?
icon10.gif

Apr 11, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #5,231 of 7,725
I just got the tracking no. from Cherry..my package is right now at Hong Kong.

However, the 'To' address in DHL page doesn't show my street address. Just my name,city,state and zip. I would guess they wouldn't ship a package without a street address ??

Apr 11, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #5,232 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarathcpt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got the tracking no. from Cherry..my package is right now at Hong Kong.

However, the 'To' address in DHL page doesn't show my street address. Just my name,city,state and zip. I would guess they wouldn't ship a package without a street address ??

That's correct. No courier tracking page shows the full address, for obvious security reasons, as you wouldn't want it possible for people to find out where something expensive was being delivered.

Apr 11, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #5,233 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by WallyPower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news, the strange finish on my compass is gone.
After some fingerrubbing I found out that it is some kind of clear wax/grease stuf. With some warm water and soap it comes of very easily
biggrin.gif

But why would they put it on the Compass? I know the do it with cars, but why on audio equipment?

Good stuff. I tend to recall the finish on mine looked odd initially, but the differences were down to where the polystyrene had been on the aluminium...

Quote:

Originally Posted by chum_2000_uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol.... why do I feel as though I'm back in school again?
icon10.gif

Damnit! It's a long time since I've been at school, but I do apologise for taking folk back to the nasty classroom.
wink.gif

How rubbish... there's me, genuinely trying to help a fellow Fi'er, and I'm ridiculed...
wink.gif

On a just-as-light note, I've recently been introduced to the benefits of satellite/cable TV, and I've got VH1 classic on. "Suzanne Vega - Luka" has just been on, and she's the total spit of my neighbour's wife...

luka_281x211.jpg

~Phewl.

Apr 11, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #5,234 of 7,725
Got my tracking # just now too. Also just realized I didn't specify the voltage I needed, hopefully they will automatically assume I need the 100-120V version since they are shipping to the USA...

Apr 11, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #5,235 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioPhewl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good stuff. I tend to recall the finish on mine looked odd initially, but the differences were down to where the polystyrene had been on the aluminium...

Damnit! It's a long time since I've been at school, but I do apologise for taking folk back to the nasty classroom.
wink.gif

How rubbish... there's me, genuinely trying to help a fellow Fi'er, and I'm ridiculed...
wink.gif

On a just-as-light note, I've recently been introduced to the benefits of satellite/cable TV, and I've got VH1 classic on. "Suzanne Vega - Luka" has just been on, and she's the total spit of my neighbour's wife...

luka_281x211.jpg

~Phewl.

Great song too! I was just listening to this about a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back