The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Apr 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #5,191 of 7,725
@Haloxt: Ok. Thanks.

I have received dreadful news. My compass shall be shipping next week.

scream_narrowweb__300x390,0.jpg

Apr 9, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #5,194 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarathcpt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am on the list
biggrin.gif
! Do they usually mail us the tracking no. soon ? Didn't get any yet.

It might take a day or so. Audio-gd has to wait until they get the tracking number from DHL/EMS.

Apr 9, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #5,196 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by csroc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're mailing more out over the next two days as well aren't they? Wonder how many will finally have shipped out by the end of this week.

Well, it seems like another two days of shipping would be a must if they want to ship all 130 Compass ordered (final version) , although I am not too sure if that number is only International orders or local and International combined, and ordered before 31st March..
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #5,198 of 7,725
Haha yeah I have a few boxes lying around now that say "USA Scott" on them. Kinda chuckle every time I see that. Just got my Grado 325is in today! And by tonight the compass should have about 500 hours (not counting anything Kingwa did before he sent it out) - 350 of those in soft 2... so it should be broken in. Can't wait to start experimenting with the Moon (already burned in from my Zero) Earth, and new Sun V2 (no burn-in yet) and the various modes of the compass amp. Not to mention playing with the DAC and LDMKIII - so far all I've really done is listen while burning in! With headphones so different I wonder if I'll find a mode that suits them all...

In listening while burning in, Soft2 was vastly different from Bright - which it should be I guess. With my ultrasone hfi780s, which are pretty bright, soft2 with the earth was pretty enjoyable. But soft2 was FAR too laid back for my HD600s. They sounded much better to me with bright mode... but I fear bright will be a bit much for the new Grados... so with the wife away this weekend looks like I have something to do!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #5,199 of 7,725
Sounds good Scottie...... a fun weekend ahead for you. Congrats on the Grado score ! Be sure to post your impressions of what you discover over the weekend as I'm sure lots of us here will be interested in the results.
smily_headphones1.gif

Happy Easter to all that give a darn about such things
biggrin.gif
!

Peete.

Apr 9, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #5,200 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skibumef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Checked the shipping page, and there's my name! Wooo-hoooo! Ohhh yah, ohhh yah (swinging fists in the air, dissolving into embarrassing dance).

X2. Mine looked a bit like this v

view.php

Apr 9, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #5,202 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by tj2220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine! Had to put a little pressure to DHL personel and drive 260 km to DHL Business Park at Vantaa but I GOT IT!
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

Hey that's awesome! How much did you have to pay? I'll have to call them too on tuesday/wednesday if nothing has happened.
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #5,203 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by yepyep_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey that's awesome! How much did you have to pay? I'll have to call them too on tuesday/wednesday if nothing has happened.
biggrin.gif

Dunno yet, said they'll send me a bill. I suggest you call on tuesday, it seems that the loudest get served first. And you'll need to email your social security number (tai mikä tuo sosiaaliturvatunnus englanniksi lienee?) and a print screen of your paypal payment transaction to ennakko(at)dhl.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back