The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Mar 15, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #4,111 of 7,725
I've ordered my Compass now, with the additional Moon and Sun V2. Excellent communication with Audio GD, by the way.

Now I'm entering the blissful state of waiting for production, waiting for shipping and hoping it arrives without being trashed by the shipper.

Mar 15, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #4,112 of 7,725
just ordered my compass last night. very helpful. I asked if they could output all three at the same time so i could use it just like how i'm using my emu 0202 and they said yes.

Hopefully this will totally destroy what i have now and keep me blissfully happy until i'm retired and have mounds of money to spend.

Mar 15, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #4,113 of 7,725
sorry...I feel this thread is becoming long and confusing. Instead of discussing anything and everything about compass in just a single thread, right from ordering/shipping details ,initial impressions and so on... isn't it better to split it into different threads ?

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #4,115 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarathcpt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry...I feel this thread is becoming long and confusing. Instead of discussing anything and everything about compass in just a single thread, right from ordering/shipping details ,initial impressions and so on... isn't it better to split it into different threads ?

I think once people will start receiving the final version of Compass, it would be appropriate to start a new thread. It will probably be better to do it in the Computer Audio forum than Amps, since Compass is more of a DAC than an amp, and that is where all other USB DAC/amp combos are (DAC1, Keces, etc).

Mar 15, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #4,117 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by driftingbunnies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked if they could output all three at the same time so i could use it just like how i'm using my emu 0202 and they said yes.

Please explain this more specifically.

Mar 15, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #4,119 of 7,725
Same. Now we hold our breath that they dont get mean with customs =X "Clearance Delay...Processing for Clearance".

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #4,120 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarathcpt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's why I update the first post with info and reviews, and why I've written a FAQ.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm thinking though of soon asking a mod to close this thread and starting a new "impressions" or "owners" thread.

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #4,121 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by gevorg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think once people will start receiving the final version of Compass, it would be appropriate to start a new thread. It will probably be better to do it in the Computer Audio forum than Amps, since Compass is more of a DAC than an amp, and that is where all other USB DAC/amp combos are (DAC1, Keces, etc).

Way to make a statement about the Compass when you obviously lack knowledge of it nor have you heard them. Good job.

For others who are still looking for more information, the Compass has a complete Amp that works as an excellent detailed, neutral SS amp and as a Pre-Amp. It's not 50%, its 100% full amplifier that just happens to be in the same case as the DAC. And it's not more of a Amp, it's a complete DAC that just happens to be in the same case as the Amp. It's that simple.

Well enjoy your Compass, maybe you'll stop spreading false information after you've listened to it.

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #4,122 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Way to make a statement about the Compass when you obviously lack knowledge of it nor have you heard them. Good job.

For others who are still looking for more information, the Compass has a complete Amp that works as an excellent detailed, neutral SS amp and as a Pre-Amp. It's not 50%, its 100% full amplifier that just happens to be in the same case as the DAC. And it's not more of a Amp, it's a complete DAC that just happens to be in the same case as the Amp. It's that simple.

Well enjoy your Compass, maybe you'll stop spreading false information after you've listened to it.

I think what he is saying is that nobody who wants an amp (because they already have a standalone DAC) would buy a combo. Most people will be buying it for the DAC, and the amp is icing on the cake.

Good to see you continuing to misunderstand and overreact.

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #4,123 of 7,725
Ugh, well it was fun while it lasted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back