The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Mar 6, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #3,737 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question for the Canadians here that have purchased Audio-GD products. Did you get charged for brokerage/PST/GST?

Hi ho, neighbour. Most companies without a Canadian website will not charge GST or PST. When I ordered my compass, they did charge an extra 4% for Paypal's services. Hope that helps!

Mar 7, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #3,738 of 7,725
Peete, one of the original 18 and a reviewer is in Canada, wait for his answer
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #3,739 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was simply replying to people saying it's silly to compare the compass with things not in the same price bracket. As for comparisons, I'm not one of the people who asked how does the compass compare with product a b c d e f and g. Actual comparisons will come later and I'm fully aware of that.

I have to apologise here, my reply was directed at Haoting, not you.

Mar 7, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #3,740 of 7,725
Anyone know when the first batch will ship?

Biggie.

Mar 7, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #3,741 of 7,725
First batch been out for a while, 18 test units.

30 upgraded versions for Internaional already sold out and will be shipped soon. The others he reserved for local Chinese sales.

The Final version, he said, he will have more units to sell and ship end of March.

Audio-gd keeps their website well updated, you should check it frequently, he will post on his website when more units are available.

You can pre-order though, customer service is great, any questions you have, will be answered promptly during their business hours, remember they are in China.

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #3,742 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleatoris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi ho, neighbour. Most companies without a Canadian website will not charge GST or PST. When I ordered my compass, they did charge an extra 4% for Paypal's services. Hope that helps!

Audio-GD wouldn't charge the GST/PST, it's supposed to be charged when it's received in Canada by Canada Post along with their brokerage charge (minimal), GST, PST, and possibly duty, since it's manufactured in China.

However, often that doesn't happen, just wonder if anyone has actually bought/imported a product from Audio-GD and if they incurred brokerage, duty, GST, PST.

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #3,743 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peete, one of the original 18 and a reviewer is in Canada, wait for his answer
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, I'll watch for his response...

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #3,744 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know when the first batch will ship?

Biggie.

When I asked him yesterday, when he would ship my amp ++, he said he would do it together with the shipping of Compass - between Monday (9th) and Thursday (12th), he plans to ship the new batch of Compass in 2 batches - 220volt and 120 volt separately, so that just in case the courier mistakenly sends Mr X's parcel to Mr. Y, the compass will still work.

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #3,746 of 7,725
Kingwa is going to contact Skylab to send him a test unit for review!

For those wondering about a comparison of amp to KICAS, well your complaints can stop, hooray!

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #3,748 of 7,725
Can anyone provide impressions of the K701 and the Compass?

In particular, I'm curious if the Compass improves the K701's bass without losing it's detail/instrument separation, shrinking the soundstage or rolling off the highs. How would you describe the sound of the k701/Compass combo?

Thank you!

Mar 7, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #3,750 of 7,725
Thanks guys! I'm glad to hear from a few other posters.
Quote:

Originally Posted by idunno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jkinsey: congrats! you've run afoul of this thread's most notorious denizen...

if you enjoy his rantings, fine. if not, ignore him. whatever you do, do not attempt to reason with him
smily_headphones1.gif

Joeoboe and Sganzerla are the only members of the Compass-18 I recall writing about the K701, further reviews will take time; I would expect that some of the second-gen 30 will have said cans.

Thank you for the extra info! I will be looking forward to hearing more impressions from the new owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back