The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread
Mar 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #31 of 827
I always thought EST (USA) was -5 but I may be wrong... You could just say what time it is, that would help a lot. XD

Apologies for getting a bit off-topic. To stay on-topic: One thing I like about listening to ATs is that I listen to quite a bit of Japanese music. Pop, Rock, etc. I've always believed they put a lot more effort and expertise into mastering over there, as most stuff comes out sounding better. And it's pretty cool to think that maybe some stuff is mastered to sound good on Japanese products, such as AT cans. Synergy and whatnot. Though that is a bit far fetched, I guess.

Mar 21, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #32 of 827
Love mine. For $100, they can't be beat. I was hesitant to purchase, as I have never heard the Audio Technica products, but these are very strong. Love the awesomely wide soundstage, highs and mids. If you're on the fence about these cans, I say, buy them. You won't be disappointed.

Mar 21, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #33 of 827
I liked mine so much that I ran right out and bought a AD900, which has everything I loved about my AD700 but only more so. Well almost everything I loved, cause the price was an extra $100.

Mar 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM Post #34 of 827
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I liked mine so much that I ran right out and bought a AD900, which has everything I loved about my AD700 but only more so. Well almost everything I loved, cause the price was an extra $100.

I've actually decided to take a rather different path. Just pulled the trigger on some A700, the AD700's closed cousin. I want to see what else AT can do, not just how they can improve on my one experience. Besides, will be taking my first trip by plane soon and closed-back is a necessity.

Which reminds me... Anyone ever try cupping your hands over the grills while listening to the AD700? I think it really improves the sound. When I do that with my SR60, it sounds like a vacuum in space. XD

Mar 21, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #35 of 827
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always thought EST (USA) was -5 but I may be wrong... You could just say what time it is, that would help a lot. XD

Apologies for getting a bit off-topic. To stay on-topic: One thing I like about listening to ATs is that I listen to quite a bit of Japanese music. Pop, Rock, etc. I've always believed they put a lot more effort and expertise into mastering over there, as most stuff comes out sounding better. And it's pretty cool to think that maybe some stuff is mastered to sound good on Japanese products, such as AT cans. Synergy and whatnot. Though that is a bit far fetched, I guess.

Welll, right now its 2:57 XD pm

Mar 21, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #39 of 827
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i envy anyone who lives in america :|

It is rather unfair that the same prices/shipping is not available worldwide. Feel your pain there, man. It's only happened to me a few times, finding something really good but being denied due to the sale being open only to residents of a certain country or whatever, but it sucks.

Mar 21, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #40 of 827
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is rather unfair that the same prices/shipping is not available worldwide. Feel your pain there, man. It's only happened to me a few times, finding something really good but being denied due to the sale being open only to residents of a certain country or whatever, but it sucks.

Certain Ebay products have very cheap shipping ($5) BUT they are coming from China...so i cant really trust ebay can i =x.

Ipod stock earbuds cost $75 here, So much for $15...

But what the heck, its not changing anytime soon ^-^.

Mar 21, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #41 of 827
i dont live in the usa... my cousin studies there and he comes back here to india when he has holidays.. (which is this may) so good for me...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #42 of 827
Tell him to buy you the stuff you need :xf_mad:!

Mar 21, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #43 of 827
Mar 21, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #44 of 827
I don't understand why they sell them sooo cheap when they could easily ask and get us to pay around $120.

Mar 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #45 of 827
How do they compare to the Grado SR80? Got a little money from Uncle Sam and was going to do some stimulating. I have the closed version that I really like but I got a pair of SR80's later and I like the Grados better after they were burned in, highs were too bright right out of the box but smoothed out nicely. Other phones I was looking at were the DT440 and K240S which has great reviews but people talk about the detachable proprietary cord is easy to break and hard to get fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back