The Astell & Kern AK240
Sep 29, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #8,462 of 9,131
Sep 29, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #8,463 of 9,131
I just tried to update my SS, and I can't due to not enough storage memory. The details on the update says you need 200MB, and I have 534MB. This gives me reason to hold off until others report back on the update, and if all is good, I'll delete an album, do the update, and then re-upload the deleted album.

I hate using Android File Transfer for my Mac because uploading an album can be a one minute process or an hour process depending on how skitzy the app is working that day. 
frown.gif

Sep 29, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #8,465 of 9,131
  I just tried to update my SS, and I can't due to not enough storage memory. The details on the update says you need 200MB, and I have 534MB. This gives me reason to hold off until others report back on the update, and if all is good, I'll delete an album, do the update, and then re-upload the deleted album.

I hate using Android File Transfer for my Mac because uploading an album can be a one minute process or an hour process depending on how skitzy the app is working that day. 
frown.gif

I know I've mentioned this before but Commander One, as suggested by another member, is a very good alternative to AFT. It's not free but ease of use and less stress was worth the expense. I've been using Commander One since May and rarely have problems. YMMV but I will never go back to AFT.  

Sep 29, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #8,466 of 9,131

I know I've mentioned this before but Commander One, as suggested by another member, is a very good alternative to AFT. It's not free but ease of use and less stress was worth the expense. I've been using Commander One since May and rarely have problems. YMMV but I will never go back to AFT.  

Thank you for your suggestion. I've filled up my internal storage with hi res FLAC files, so I don't have to bother with AFT anymore, or so I thought before this update.

I'll cross my fingers I'll be able to re-upload the deleted album without any hair pulling ... 
wink_face.gif

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #8,467 of 9,131

Thank you for your suggestion. I've filled up my internal storage with hi res FLAC files, so I don't have to bother with AFT anymore, or so I thought before this update.

I'll cross my fingers I'll be able to re-upload the deleted album without any hair pulling ... 
wink_face.gif

May the force be with you!

BTW, kudos to iRiver/A&K for their continued support. Now if they would add Tidal support before we are eventually orphaned, my world will be complete.

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #8,469 of 9,131

Commander One Or Commander One Pro?​

I just checked my version and it's Commander One with a Personal License and the Pro Pack activated. I guess Commander One is the free version but I have no knowledge of it's limitations. FYI, there is a cross grade option,

"If you are a registered user of Transmit, ForkLift, Path Finder, TotalFinder, Double Commander or Total Commander, you will get Commander One PRO Pack with 50% discount."

Hope that helps!

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #8,470 of 9,131
An Observation:

For a period of time, the 240 was working as a DAC, without click and pops with Mac OS 10.11.5 and 10.11.6. As of Sierra, the clicks and pops are back. As of the 240 FW 1.34, the problem persists. I guess it's not the 240's fault but something that Apple has done. What's perplexing, all my other DAP/DACs and dedicated DACs continue to work flawlessly. Go figure? If anyone figures out a fix or a workaround, please post!

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #8,471 of 9,131
  An Observation:

For a period of time, the 240 was working as a DAC, without click and pops, with Mac OS 10.11.5 and 10.11.6. As of Sierra, the clicks and pops are back. As of the 240 FW 1.34, the problem persists. I guess it's not the 240's fault but something that Apple has done. What's perplexing, all my other DAP/DACs and dedicated DACs continue to work flawlessly. Go figure? If anyone figures out a fix or a workaround, please post!

May not be related, but that reminded me of an announcement a couple of days ago by Fostex that their current DAC products (HP-A8MK2, HP-A4 etc) do not work properly on Sierra, suggesting users not to update to it until they find a workaround.

I guess there is some kind of issue with the OS that makes particular group of interfaces not work,

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #8,472 of 9,131
Can some kind person help a newbie with the settings that I need to use the new usb audio out feature?  I'm connected to a Woo WA8 via a USB OTG to USB B.  It was working for me earlier today, but i packed everything up and moved it, and now I'm not getting a signal. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks!

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #8,474 of 9,131
So, how's the update for everyone and does the USB out pass DSD unaltered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back