The Astell & Kern AK240
May 3, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #8,341 of 9,131
I have been looking at the Astell & Kern PEM14 Audio CD AK Ripper myself. But I don't have an A&K DAP. I want a ripper to rip into an external hard drive. Would you know if the A&K ripper rips to an A&K DAP only or into an external drive as well? I would have used my MacBook except that the rip speed is deadly slow, and I have 350+ CDs to rip.
Any suggestions?

As far as I know it will work but you don't get to use the integrated software, making it just a regular CD player.

May 3, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #8,343 of 9,131
  Question:  Hopefully will A/B the 380 to my 240, tomorrow.  You folks who have thoroughly A/B both, what 2 songs would you suggest I use as a test?

I think just the list of demo inside both units will be fine, but definitely pick The Spanish Harlem for vocal.

May 4, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #8,348 of 9,131
Open box like new condition

If the volume control knob is in good condition and not loose, and you find no other issue with it, then it is a pretty good deal.

May 10, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #8,349 of 9,131

A few users have mentioned Commander One Pro as an alternative to AFT (Android File Transfer). I bit the bullet and purchased. What a relief to transfer files and not bite your nails, hoping it will be successful. The UI is fairly straight forward, just dragging files from the pane for your Mac to the pane for your AK240 or other MTP device. So far no crashes or issues and transfers are fairly quick but more importantly, painless. As an added bonus, you can get a 50% off discount if you have a license for an approved, competitive file transfer app. I also use Path Finder, so my final price was $15.00 for the Commander One Pro license. IMO, recommended.

Commander One Pro link. Scroll down the page for the 50% off requirements.

May 10, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #8,350 of 9,131
I did a lot of experimenting with commander one. The company worked with me and they were very helpful. I wrote up a little Manual with some help if things don't go smoothly. Even when there are issues with commander one (which are usually mac ds_store problems) it's still (IMO) light years ahead of android file transfer.

May 10, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #8,351 of 9,131
I did a lot of experimenting with commander one. The company worked with me and they were very helpful. I wrote up a little Manual with some help if things don't go smoothly. Even when there are issues with commander one (which are usually mac ds_store problems) it's still (IMO) light years ahead of android file transfer.

The only reason I waited as long as I did to try Commander One Pro, was because of a bad experience I had with SyncMate Expert, another Eltima product. SyncMate used to work reliably with the AK240, then stopped and support was very hazy as to why and whether it would be fixed or not. For $15.00, I figured I'd give them another chance and so far, I'm glad I did.

May 12, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #8,352 of 9,131
Any good cable recommendations for the Hugo aired with the AK240? 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back