The Astell & Kern AK240
Jan 3, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #8,041 of 9,131
  hi anyone experiencing this issue on their ak240? i cant play mp3 songs which are copied onto micro sd. flac n wav work fine. not an issue with my micro sd or mp3 songs as they all play fine on my ak120. i cant play only the latest copied mp3 songs , others are fine

Have you tried Initialize Media Scan in the Default Settings option under Settings. This would rescan your library. Be patient, it takes awhile.

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #8,043 of 9,131
  yes i did scan, anyways the problem is with mp3 files not flac, so shoudnt be a problem regarding the scanning.this issue persists on both firmware 1.28 and 1.29

The other option is Settings Reset which I always do after every FW update. Again, it takes awhile but no data is lost.

Jan 7, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #8,046 of 9,131
  Any differences in sound with the new FW update?

Yes, I'd like to know too. Waiting on updating until I know there are no issues.

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #8,047 of 9,131
I haven't heard a difference in sound signature and haven't run in to any issues with 1.29, YMMV. :)

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #8,048 of 9,131
I haven't heard a difference in sound signature and haven't run in to any issues with 1.29, YMMV.
smily_headphones1.gif

good to know ...

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #8,050 of 9,131
I'm still somewhat in the get-acquainted phase with mine, and don't have my manual with me.  This is probably a silly question, but is there a way to add albums to a playlist, instead of individual tracks?  I'm not seeing it.

Jan 8, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #8,051 of 9,131
  I'm still somewhat in the get-acquainted phase with mine, and don't have my manual with me.  This is probably a silly question, but is there a way to add albums to a playlist, instead of individual tracks?  I'm not seeing it.

Yes,  Create a playlist > display the album you want to add to that playlist but don't select it yet > at the top of the screen, click on the third icon from the right > now select (highlight the album) > click on the third icon from the right at the top of the screen (to the left of the trash can) > this brings you back to the playlist screen > select the playlist you created and you'll get a confirmation that x number of song's have been added to the playlist. I'm assuming you're using the latest OS because it was a totally different method previous to 1.28. Hope that helps 

Jan 8, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #8,052 of 9,131

Yes,  Create a playlist > display the album you want to add to that playlist but don't select it yet > at the top of the screen, click on the third icon from the right > now select (highlight the album) > click on the third icon from the right at the top of the screen (to the left of the trash can) > this brings you back to the playlist screen > select the playlist you created and you'll get a confirmation that x number of song's have been added to the playlist. I'm assuming you're using the latest OS because it was a totally different method previous to 1.28. Hope that helps 

VICTORY!  
dt880smile.png

Thanks a million, man.

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #8,054 of 9,131
I managed to fix the jumpy volume by cleaning the rotary encoder.
It's working really smoothly, at least for now. (it will eventually happen again over time).

I could also re-tighten the wobbly volume knob a bit, which feels good.

It was worth doing provided that the unit is out of warranty.

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #8,055 of 9,131
  I managed to fix the jumpy volume by cleaning the rotary encoder.
It's working really smoothly, at least for now. (it will eventually happen again over time).

I could also re-tighten the wobbly volume knob a bit, which feels good.

It was worth doing provided that the unit is out of warranty.

Hi,

Thanks for your info.  What tool(s) would I need to fix the slightly wobbly volume wheel?  Is it an easy fix? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back