The Astell & Kern AK240
Aug 30, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #7,726 of 9,131
When I connected the AK240 just now, it automatically set the output to 353.8 kHz, which explains a lot. I'm not sure that it can accept that high an input over USB. It shows 352.8 on the AK240 when I send that via Audirvana but I only get hiss as well above 192k. It's a pity as I'd love to try Audirvana's iZotope up-sampling at maximum output.

Aug 30, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #7,727 of 9,131
So it seems the AK240 cant play multi channel files?  I have a FLAC encoding of a 5.1 DVD-A of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and it just says the file is moved if I try and play any of it.  Oh well.

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #7,728 of 9,131
Hi,

Does anyone else have this problem with the AK 240? When I switch it on in order to transfer some new files, I need to do this about 3-4 times BEFORE they will actually move across. I thought it might be problems with the files/albums themselves, but it does eventually carry out the transfer.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #7,729 of 9,131
  Hi,

Does anyone else have this problem with the AK 240? When I switch it on in order to transfer some new files, I need to do this about 3-4 times BEFORE they will actually move across. I thought it might be problems with the files/albums themselves, but it does eventually carry out the transfer.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

it doesn't happened to me...i only noticed before that there was a lag while transferring to certain tracks...but i solved it, it was the files (Album) that has issues....

Aug 31, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #7,730 of 9,131
  Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I only have one scenario where something like this happens and it was before and after FW update. If I copy files over from a network drive I see this happen. Local drive is no problems. This is on a Mac.

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #7,732 of 9,131
  I got my Sandisk 200gb micro SDXC card today, 183gb of usable storage.  Finally getting to acceptable storage levels with the 256gb built in.

412GB total storage. I've noticed the 200GB card has dropped in price to $199 on Amazon.

Sep 1, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #7,733 of 9,131
  I got my Sandisk 200gb micro SDXC card today, 183gb of usable storage.  Finally getting to acceptable storage levels with the 256gb built in.

Where did you get the card from?

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #7,735 of 9,131
Sep 2, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #7,736 of 9,131
Took the plunge and decided to upgrade to 1.25, which seems to be causing a few issues with the micro SD card.  Firstly it keeps unmounting and remounting the card every time I switch it on (which it didn't before) and, more annoyingly, it never remembers what song was last playing from the micro SD card - no song title displayed at the top of the screen and if I just press play it says "No recently played song", so I have to go through the entire folder structure again to get to where I left off.  It's only a problem with the micro SD, but I'm having a bit of a Grateful Dead retrospective at the moment and all my Dead stuff is on the card, not the main HD, so it's hugely frustrating.  

Anyone else having this problem?  

I've formatted the card and tried other cards and it's the same problem with all of them, so I'm assuming it's an issue with 1.25.

Is there any way to roll back to an earlier version?

Also, is there an option hidden away to stop it scanning the card every time I switch it on?  As I wasn't having the above problem before and scanning took all of 20-30 seconds, it's not something that ever bothered me.

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #7,738 of 9,131
  Took the plunge and decided to upgrade to 1.25, which seems to be causing a few issues with the micro SD card.  Firstly it keeps unmounting and remounting the card every time I switch it on (which it didn't before) and, more annoyingly, it never remembers what song was last playing from the micro SD card - no song title displayed at the top of the screen and if I just press play it says "No recently played song", so I have to go through the entire folder structure again to get to where I left off.  It's only a problem with the micro SD, but I'm having a bit of a Grateful Dead retrospective at the moment and all my Dead stuff is on the card, not the main HD, so it's hugely frustrating.  

Anyone else having this problem?  

I've formatted the card and tried other cards and it's the same problem with all of them, so I'm assuming it's an issue with 1.25.

Is there any way to roll back to an earlier version?

Also, is there an option hidden away to stop it scanning the card every time I switch it on?  As I wasn't having the above problem before and scanning took all of 20-30 seconds, it's not something that ever bothered me.

the last song played issue happens to me some time...that was the time i am still using 64gb...couple of days back i upgraded to 128gb...and now no issues...i bet it was the compatibility on my sd card...so far everything is ok...it does not keep on scanning and last song played is deplayed upon turning it on...

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #7,739 of 9,131
one more thing, before when i was still using the 64gb old card, when i turn it on, it does not detect the songs in my playlists that are stored on the sd card...
example: if my rock playlist contains 700 songs when i turn it on it only shows 450 coz the rest of the songs are in the sd card...but when i go to playlist and click again it will now recognize the full lists...

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #7,740 of 9,131
  if i get anything i'll post it here.

Nice one, thanks.

the last song played issue happens to me some time...that was the time i am still using 64gb...couple of days back i upgraded to 128gb...and now no issues...i bet it was the compatibility on my sd card...so far everything is ok...it does not keep on scanning and last song played is deplayed upon turning it on...

I'm using a Samsung 128gb, the same one I was using before upgrading to 1.25.  I've tested 32 and 64gb cards by Kingston and Sandisk, and the same issue is there with all of them.  I even formatted the cards on the AK itself as well, just to make 100% sure that it was not a formatting issue.

It's doing my nut in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back