The Astell & Kern AK240
Sep 1, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #5,162 of 9,131
So what is the point of Bluetooth in the ak240 if it is not to stream audio from the likes of an iPhone/iPad? People that pay $2500 for a dap aren't really going to use it to listen to HD music through crappy Bluetooth HPs or speaker docs are they?

Sep 1, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #5,163 of 9,131
So what is the point of Bluetooth in the ak240 if it is not to stream audio from the likes of an iPhone/iPad? People that pay $2500 for a dap aren't really going to use it to listen to HD music through crappy Bluetooth HPs or speaker docs are they?

I thought it was to pair with phone so it warns you if have a call while you are listening to music.

Sep 1, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #5,164 of 9,131
  I'm interested in buying an AK240 for 1200 dollars. Anyone interested in selling this to me?? send me a pm
tongue_smile.gif

There's a guy from Nigeria who keeps signing up under different accounts who'll sell you one for that price I'm sure. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thanks. Would someone know how to contact Astell & Kern to ask for iDevice support with the AK240 as it is the case with the AK10 ?

What for? Why would you use an iDevice with a $2500 DAP? 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 1, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #5,165 of 9,131
I believe there are people who wants to use AK240 as an USB DAC/AMP with iPad so that they can explore music online. For such case, I feel a Chord Hugo is a better fit for such purpose.

Sep 1, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #5,166 of 9,131

Two things that I'm using the bluetooth on 240...

1. stream music to my Bose Mini Soundlink
2. AK's remote when using 240 as the transport to slink out to my home system

By the way, Bluetooth can never meet the hires requirement and either way ,streaming to/from a Bluetooth equipped device won't make any difference as the SQ can only be as good as it can.

Sep 1, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #5,167 of 9,131

The bluetooth is mainly for the purpose of connecting to the AK's remote, no?

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #5,170 of 9,131
$1700!!.....i dont think you will have 2 for long :)

Reason I have two is because I'm nit picky and my first one had the volume control issue which I find out is a known issue and could be software related it wasn't bad just skipped up a few bars sometimes when adjusting the volume...next I felt that the volume wheel itself had a little play in it from side to side which also wasn't anything bad but I'm picky, and third the balanced plug when I install 2.5 balanced cable would have slight static on rotation which I hear is due to the plug not sitting flush ...so I took it back to my retailer and they will send it back for another unit ☺️ Which is great but me? I didn't want to suffer withdrawal because living here in Asia I know it could take a little while to get back and I was like "L" no :angry: so I waited until I got the money up and brought another one :yum: yes I know "people say what?!" Just wait but me? No way I really like this thing so I still have a new player that I'm using now "this also gave me a chance to study them hmm yes nit picky I am and I notice the volume wheel had a little more play side to side than the one I have now, without this I would've never known :laughing:....so I sent it back and will wait on a new unit to arrive "when ever this may be" but I still have a player so I won't skip a beat:sunglasses: even though my credit cards heart did :smiling_imp:....that's also the reason why I just haven't decided to put it up for sale as well because I've been thinking about the Red Wine upgrade hmmmm :innocent: sounds sweet from what I've heard from others....so I figure if I decided to do this well I could send a unit to them and what'll you know still not even miss a best while it's gone....haaa haa decisions decisions....

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #5,171 of 9,131
Reason I have two is because I'm nit picky and my first one had the volume control issue which I find out is a known issue and could be software related it wasn't bad just skipped up a few bars sometimes when adjusting the volume...next I felt that the volume wheel itself had a little play in it from side to side which also wasn't anything bad but I'm picky, and third the balanced plug when I install 2.5 balanced cable would have slight static on rotation which I hear is due to the plug not sitting flush ...so I took it back to my retailer and they will send it back for another unit ☺️ Which is great but me? I didn't want to suffer withdrawal because living here in Asia I know it could take a little while to get back and I was like "L" no :angry: so I waited until I got the money up and brought another one :yum: yes I know "people say what?!" Just wait but me? No way I really like this thing so I still have a new player that I'm using now "this also gave me a chance to study them hmm yes nit picky I am and I notice the volume wheel had a little more play side to side than the one I have now, without this I would've never known :laughing:....so I sent it back and will wait on a new unit to arrive "when ever this may be" but I still have a player so I won't skip a beat:sunglasses: even though my credit cards heart did :smiling_imp:....that's also the reason why I just haven't decided to put it up for sale as well because I've been thinking about the Red Wine upgrade hmmmm :innocent: sounds sweet from what I've heard from others....so I figure if I decided to do this well I could send a unit to them and what'll you know still not even miss a best while it's gone....haaa haa decisions decisions....

haha....makes perfect sense to me.     would be good to hear if you do go red wine upgrade and still have the stock at hand to compare side to side to see how much diffrence you hear.

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #5,172 of 9,131

Got my A6 Easecase last week

Glad to see that ease case can fit your 240 very nice : )

I also received my black color croc case from easecase last week,
It look very nice but unlucky no fit my 240 very well, very tight when try put 240 into the case, the case frame peel out my screen protector and damage the corner of screen protector, 
the worst thing is micro usb hole no in proper position. grr..

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #5,173 of 9,131

Glad to see that ease case can fit your 240 very nice : )

I also received my black color croc case from easecase last week,
It look very nice but unlucky no fit my 240 very well, very tight when try put 240 into the case, the case frame peel out my screen protector and damage the corner of screen protector, 
the worst thing is micro usb hole no in proper position. grr..

Then better not to use this case as it's not worth to risk damaging your 240

Users who are viewing this thread

Back