The Astell & Kern AK240
Jul 15, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #4,276 of 9,131
Currently I own a AK120 Titan with a Woo WA7 amp.

I am seriously concidering upgrading to the following configurations and need your advice what to do:

(1) Keeping my AK120 Titan, selling my WOO WA7 and buy a Chord Hugo amp

When I sell the WA7 for 500 euro, this will cost me 1200 euro's approx

(2) Selling my AK120 Titan and Woo WA7 amp and buy a AK240,

since I can trade in my AK120 for (almost) new price and sell the WA7 for 500 euro's, I will have to pay approx 500 euro's

So what do you guys think ?  option 1 or 2

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #4,277 of 9,131
Currently I own a AK120 Titan with a Woo WA7 amp.

I am seriously concidering upgrading to the following configurations and need your advice what to do:

(1) Keeping my AK120 Titan, selling my WOO WA7 and buy a Chord Hugo amp

When I sell the WA7 for 500 euro, this will cost me 1200 euro's approx

(2) Selling my AK120 Titan and Woo WA7 amp and buy a AK240,

since I can trade in my AK120 for (almost) new price and sell the WA7 for 500 euro's, I will have to pay approx 500 euro's

So what do you guys think ?  option 1 or 2

Unless you listen to your music mostly when you are walking around or commuting, Option 1 seems to be a no brainer.

Of course, the best option is always #3 :D

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #4,278 of 9,131

I suppose option 3 is: AK240 + Hugo right ?
wink_face.gif

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #4,279 of 9,131
I've read Tyll's post again. I gather he thinks we are trying, by way of an adaptor to obtain a SE signal out of the 2.5mm socket. What we are talking about is something else: having a balanced trrs plug fitted with an adapter with a 3.5mm SE adapter so that the cable can be used with the 3.5mm SE output socket.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah. I knew I must have been missing something. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #4,280 of 9,131
I use balanced cables and had wywires make me a adapter with the 2.5 at the end to use with the balanced ak240. Mike Dias also made me one for the UE18 and it is available for UE IEM's/ The adapter Alex makes is great for using all my full size headphones in the AK240 balanced

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #4,281 of 9,131
Jul 15, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #4,284 of 9,131

Hello guys. Where can I purchase an output adapter looks like this one???
It seems nice. It matches outlook of AK240, but I can't find it anywhere.

Thats not for sale at least for now. The only one available is this Chaperone RCA/XLR Interconnect for AK240. U also have the option to upgrade to Chaperone3 Fusion Cable by topping up another $300. I just place an order for 1. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #4,285 of 9,131

Thats not for sale at least for now. The only one available is this Chaperone RCA/XLR Interconnect for AK240. U also have the option to upgrade to Chaperone3 Fusion Cable by topping up another $300. I just place an order for 1. 

Cool. Thanks for the info. Do you know which company manufactured that adapter? it looks perfect, but I can't any info about its manufacturer. I'm not particularly looking for XLR adapter. Any balanced out or 1/4 inch out would be good as well.

Jul 15, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #4,286 of 9,131
  Cool. Thanks for the info. Do you know which company manufactured that adapter? it looks perfect, but I can't any info about its manufacturer. I'm not particularly looking for XLR adapter. Any balanced out or 1/4 inch out would be good as well.

That is from the well known Double Helix Cable company. Click into the link and upon add to shopping cart it let u choose whether u require 2.5mm TRRS balanced out (with another separate 3.5mm as ground signal) or 3.5mm SE out. Actually i have been hunting for this cable for a month and this is the only cable available. Kind of expensive if u choose the Chaperone3 wire. But i want to connect it as a source out to WA22 to be used with LCD3 so i have to buy it. Actually i requested Double Helix to change the Chaperone2 wire to Peptide Hybrid to match with the headphone cable that i order from them and they are able to do so. :)

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #4,287 of 9,131

That is from the well known Double Helix Cable company. Click into the link and upon add to shopping cart it let u choose whether u require 2.5mm TRRS balanced out (with another separate 3.5mm as ground signal) or 3.5mm SE out. Actually i have been hunting for this cable for a month and this is the only cable available. Kind of expensive if u choose the Chaperone3 wire. But i want to connect it as a source out to WA22 to be used with LCD3 so i have to buy it. Actually i requested Double Helix to change the Chaperone2 wire to Peptide Hybrid to match with the headphone cable that i order from them and they are able to do so. :)

Sorry. I meant to ask the manufacturer of the adapter in the picture I posted.
I know that Duble Helix company for sure. I think the one in the picture I posted has superior design. So far only pictures have surfaced on the net. No one knows about them well. lol

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #4,288 of 9,131
  Sorry. I meant to ask the manufacturer of the adapter in the picture I posted.
I know that Duble Helix company for sure. I think the one in the picture I posted has superior design. So far only pictures have surfaced on the net. No one knows about them well. lol

I do not think there is a manufacturer for the square terminal blocks. The AK one is not sold, it was for only for shows. The DHC cables do the same thing...they connect the 2.5mm balanced out and use the the 3.5mm jack for ground/shield. Then you can get any output plug outs you want like RCA, XLR, etc.

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #4,290 of 9,131
  sad, I just turn on my my 2nd set and it having the same problem and it actually worse.... It's a brand new set.... what a bad day.

What's the problem with the set ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back