The Astell & Kern AK240
Jul 17, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #4,306 of 9,131
Hello,
I want to ask something to AK240 users,
-Do you think AK240 is worth the money ?
-Did somebody compare with Calyx M and AK120 ? And RWAK120 B or S mode ? Specially AK120(stock).
-And what is best thing and worst thing about AK240?

Thanks
-

I suggest you read Tyll's recent review at Innerfidelity. He eloquently expresses everything you need to know . I totally agree with him re my experience with my 240.

Jul 17, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #4,307 of 9,131
I suggest you read Tyll's recent review at Innerfidelity. He eloquently expresses everything you need to know . I totally agree with him re my experience with my 240.

Thanks.But I asked many questions. =)

Jul 17, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #4,309 of 9,131
Correct you ask many questions which have been answered many times. Do the searching yourself. Don't depend on people to make your decision. If you cannot find an answer after doing some work yourself, then ask and you'll find lots of help.

I searched some,but I wanted to talk with owners.

Jul 17, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #4,311 of 9,131
  Yes, and I am an owner who responded with a helpful reference-to which I received "thanks. But..."
Saraguie, thank you for the eloquent response. I was sitting here wondering how to respond...

I think you blow this up,but ok sorry.And thanks for your help.

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #4,313 of 9,131
  Hello,
I want to ask something to AK240 users,
-Do you think AK240 is worth the money ?
-Did somebody compare with Calyx M and AK120 ? And RWAK120 B or S mode ? Specially AK120(stock).
-And what is best thing and worst thing about AK240?

Thanks
-

Do you think AK240 is worth the money ?...
No.  Over priced.

And what is best thing thing about AK240?...
Sound.  It really sounds good.
​Design...very unique and well built with quality material

And what is worst thing about AK240?
Price.  AK makes a lot of $ out of this machine
Price.  We are willing to pick up one and paid for it
Price.  In addition, we modded it
Price.  Someone owning lower models craving for upgrade to 240

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #4,314 of 9,131
The next track and pause buttons on the side of the AK-240 drive me crazy, you put it in your pocket, and move around a little, and it changes tracks.
mad.gif

It happens with all the AK players and there is no lock function. It is a shame.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #4,315 of 9,131
i have found if you just hit the top button so the screen is not  lit it wont change tracks. I been using it like that for months and the tracks are always the same. i use it in my pocket in the gym and work out and just hit the top button and make the screen dark and not once has it changed tracks. If the screen is not dark it will change tracks.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #4,316 of 9,131
  i have found if you just hit the top button so the screen is not  lit it wont change tracks. I been using it like that for months and the tracks are always the same. i use it in my pocket in the gym and work out and just hit the top button and make the screen dark and not once has it changed tracks. If the screen is not dark it will change tracks.

Agreed. That is exactly what I do. No skipped tracks.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #4,317 of 9,131

Nope.  The 240 can change tracks with the 3 buttons on the side regardless of the screen is on or dark. If yours cannot, you need to send back to service for diagnostic 

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #4,318 of 9,131
Nope.  The 240 can change tracks with the 3 buttons on the side regardless of the screen is on or dark. If yours cannot, you need to send back to service for diagnostic 

+1

And it's the whole point to have physical buttons to control "in the blind"... but I agree having a physical hold toggle is useful and should have been included.

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #4,319 of 9,131

Yep. I use the case and haven't had any issues.  You would have to have something pretty pointy to push the button through the clothing and the case.  

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #4,320 of 9,131
  Yep. I use the case and haven't had any issues.  You would have to have something pretty pointy to push the button through the clothing and the case.  

Same here, using the AK240 with the case i have never had a issue with the side buttons. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back