The Astell & Kern AK240
Jun 8, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #3,616 of 9,131

You expect me to read 241 pages?

Hey dude, I don't expect you to do anything.......you think we owe you to answer your questions? Most of us are interested in what we are investing in enough to find the answers we seek for ourselves. If you get stuck or are having a hard time understanding something I'd be happy to answer. But to ask us questions that would take little effort to get, give you the answer is childish and lazy.  Like when it was introduced?  All you have to do us type the question into a search bar to get the answer..........you've got to be kidding.

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #3,617 of 9,131
Ha Ha I beat you by like 15 seconds...

beerchug.gif

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #3,618 of 9,131
Hey dude, I don't expect you to do anything.......you think we owe you to answer your questions? Most of us are interested in what we are investing in enough to find the answers we seek for ourselves. If you get stuck or are having a hard time understanding something I'd be happy to answer. But to ask us questions that would take little effort to get, give you the answer is childish and lazy.  Like when it was introduced?  All you have to do us type the question into a search bar to get the answer..........you've got to be kidding.
+1...people should be reminded headfiers answer questions and provide impressions as courtesy.

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #3,619 of 9,131
For all the people who are having trouble with the tags....my files are all FLAC and have been cleaned to use with AK100 back in the days. Just use MP3tag and erase all the useless and hidden tags, make sure embedded pics are the proper size and format and you should be fine.

I know the best embedded pics sized for the ak100 would be 500x500 and not more than 100kb. Is this the same for the ak240?
Or can it now support higher res and bigger sized pics?

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #3,620 of 9,131
  Can anyone recommend a CD ripper for Mac that can carry Matadata (with album art), apart from iTune.

My whole CD conversions are in WAV and was using MAX in the past.  Now MAX lost the Matadata function and I'd like to redo my CD ripping with album art.  

Thanks in advance.

I m using XLD for Mac to convert all FLAC to ALAC. but it can't process DSF files. 

Try Jriver MC19. It will tag your dsf files too....

Instead of re ripping, you can just convert the files to any format. Should add that there is a 30 days free trial..........

Does anyone know a program which not only converts to FLAC,  it will also allow us the adjust the sampled rate it coverts to?  I find that when I convert cue and compacted FLAC files to higher than 44.1, I think it sounds better. Anyone?  BTW, I use Bigasoft Audio Converter to split the files.....works with most .ape files also.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #3,621 of 9,131
Does anyone know a program which not only converts to FLAC,  it will also allow us the adjust the sampled rate it coverts to?  I find that when I convert cue and compacted FLAC files to higher than 44.1, I think it sounds better.

You can't add information to 16-bit/44.1kHz source material by sampling at higher bit rates. That is a complete waste of hard disk space (and a lot of zeros).

dbpoweramp for Windows will certainly do this for you though (see DSP effects, resample/bit rate).

Again, you are wasting disk space for naught! :D

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #3,622 of 9,131
ah guys, i think its the bad recording that i have making the broken bass sound on the AKR03, now everything is ok. hehe... thanks everyone. And now every night i fall asleep while playing the AK240. Good buy. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #3,623 of 9,131
Can anyone recommend a CD ripper for Mac that can carry Matadata (with album art), apart from iTune.

My whole CD conversions are in WAV and was using MAX in the past.  Now MAX lost the Matadata function and I'd like to redo my CD ripping with album art.  

Thanks in advance.

In addition to Gavin's suggestion of JRiver 19, which incidentally is very good, you may wish to try this program called Tag which is available off the App Store for a minimal fee. It tags dsf as well as WAV files. I just starting using it for a few weeks now. Very easy to use. :)

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #3,624 of 9,131
In addition to Gavin's suggestion of JRiver 19, which incidentally is very good, you may wish to try this program called Tag which is available off the App Store for a minimal fee. It tags dsf as well as WAV files. I just starting using it for a few weeks now. Very easy to use. :)

Many thanks.

Cheers

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #3,625 of 9,131
  I've realized I'll never truly be satisfied if I settle with say the ak 100ii, 120, 120ii, or dx90 so I'm gonna take the biggest purchase of my young student life on these. After this purchase I'm hoping that the ak240 will last me 5 years at least, so since this purchase is so large for me I have a few questions of course. 

1. When did the ak240 get released? 
2. I know AK is notorious for updating their product line continuously so do you believe the ak240 will be updated soon? I have no problem waiting a couple more months but I would prefer one of course now. 
3. Hows battery life for those who have had the product for awhile now? Still good?
4. Does it fare well with wear & tare? Does it hold up good?
5. Hows the user interface for loading music onto the device? Is it like iTunes? Do you just drag n drop? & does everything run smooth like tracks in proper order, album artwork showing up, etc.

Thanks alot everyone :) 

How does a student afford a $2500 DAP - wouldn't you be better paying off student loan first?

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #3,626 of 9,131
Been busy with loading songs into my AK240... transferring via Android File Transfer is ok, but sometimes it will says the lock screen error and have to reconnect the USB cable... Sound quality is amazing with AKR03 especially with vocal songs, everything is jus so perfect - transparency, timing, accuracy, layering, soundstage (is rather small soundstage) but for trance music, the bass sounds weird, just like how speaker sound when it broke. I wasn't sure if my AKR03 is yet to burn in, but i think the differences shouldn't be that much. Anyone with AKR03 with the similar problem? This is tested on 2 sets of AK240 and AKR03 (1set belongs to my friend).

I also found that our Gold Limited Edition the wording printed on the back bottom Carbon Fiber is Chinese wording, maybe they are meant for HK market? I am rather disappointed that the bluetooth remote did not come together as my supplier said it doesn't come with it. (The reason i bought gold unit is mainly because it comes with Dock and remote). But after contacting the Singapore sole distributor on my own, they check with Korea side and said oh yah, they will provide it this time after i show them a few websites such as DMA, but we will have to wait a few more weeks for iRiver to sent to them. Additional set of Screen protector is also not included (just the one that it comes with the unit). I even told them to go check youtube unboxing video for the screen protector. 

well, luckily i spend some time reading this forum and watching youtube unboxing videos to know what it comes with.

The gold AK240 in Gavin's picture a few pages back is mine. I never noticed this until I saw your post but checking the back, it does have Chinese (simplified) characters in the back. I'm guessing that ECT must have the mainland buyers in mind when they went with gold hence they used simplified characters, not traditional per HK standard.

And yes, the remote is standard along with a hugh special edition box.

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #3,627 of 9,131
Jun 9, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #3,628 of 9,131
The gold AK240 in Gavin's picture a few pages back is mine. I never noticed this until I saw your post but checking the back, it does have Chinese (simplified) characters in the back. I'm guessing that ECT must have the mainland buyers in mind when they went with gold hence they used simplified characters, not traditional per HK standard.

And yes, the remote is standard along with a hugh special edition box.

Thought I'd better respond re the transfer problem, which plaqued me incessantly. Two weeks ago kh600rr opined that I might have one file messing everything up. I did a reset (menu>reset personal data) and when it finished several files I had previously transferred were not reinstalled. And now every transfer is flawless. Interesting that the missing files were not of one genre, they were ripped CDs, downloads, some Flac converted to ALAC, etc. those not reinstalled most have been corrupted, and the built in software detected and deleted. Additionally, I suggest, if a problem, totally delete the Android file obtained from iriver site and reload directly from Android transfer.

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #3,630 of 9,131
How does a student afford a $2500 DAP - wouldn't you be better paying off student loan first?

I have a great well paying summer job for 4 months in the summer & work the same job part time year round during school, first I set money aside for both semesters & pay them off in full than I spend the rest on whatever I wish. Thanks for your concern tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back