The Astell & Kern AK240
Jun 8, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #3,601 of 9,131

Try Jriver MC19. It will tag your dsf files too....

Instead of re ripping, you can just convert the files to any format. Should add that there is a 30 days free trial..........

Many thanks.

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #3,602 of 9,131
I am having tag issues using the AK240 with both wav and aiff files.  And it seems inconsistent in that some work and other do not.  Very frustrating for the "A types" like me.  I am also having an issue with the Led Zeppelin hires titles having no artwork and being identified as unknown artist.  I have tried every tagging app suggested here, and I can find no fix for the Led Zeppelin issue.  There must be a software issue on the AK240's music player.  Every desktop software I try shows all metadata and displays it all properly.

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #3,603 of 9,131
  I am having tag issues using the AK240 with both wav and aiff files.  And it seems inconsistent in that some work and other do not.  Very frustrating for the "A types" like me.  I am also having an issue with the Led Zeppelin hires titles having no artwork and being identified as unknown artist.  I have tried every tagging app suggested here, and I can find no fix for the Led Zeppelin issue.  There must be a software issue on the AK240's music player.  Every desktop software I try shows all metadata and displays it all properly.

Are you using a Mac? I downloaded the regular version of all 3 new Led Zeppelin remasters from HDTracks and have no problems with the tagging. I am using a Windows 8.1 based laptop and desktop, no problems on either. I downloaded in FLAC format.

Y2J

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #3,604 of 9,131
I've realized I'll never truly be satisfied if I settle with say the ak 100ii, 120, 120ii, or dx90 so I'm gonna take the biggest purchase of my young student life on these. After this purchase I'm hoping that the ak240 will last me 5 years at least, so since this purchase is so large for me I have a few questions of course. 

1. When did the ak240 get released? 
2. I know AK is notorious for updating their product line continuously so do you believe the ak240 will be updated soon? I have no problem waiting a couple more months but I would prefer one of course now. 
3. Hows battery life for those who have had the product for awhile now? Still good?
4. Does it fare well with wear & tare? Does it hold up good?
5. Hows the user interface for loading music onto the device? Is it like iTunes? Do you just drag n drop? & does everything run smooth like tracks in proper order, album artwork showing up, etc.

Thanks alot everyone :) 

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #3,605 of 9,131
I've realized I'll never truly be satisfied if I settle with say the ak 100ii, 120, 120ii, or dx90 so I'm gonna take the biggest purchase of my young student life on these. After this purchase I'm hoping that the ak240 will last me 5 years at least, so since this purchase is so large for me I have a few questions of course. 

1. When did the ak240 get released? 
2. I know AK is notorious for updating their product line continuously so do you believe the ak240 will be updated soon? I have no problem waiting a couple more months but I would prefer one of course now. 
3. Hows battery life for those who have had the product for awhile now? Still good?
4. Does it fare well with wear & tare? Does it hold up good?
5. Hows the user interface for loading music onto the device? Is it like iTunes? Do you just drag n drop? & does everything run smooth like tracks in proper order, album artwork showing up, etc.

Thanks alot everyone :) 

Dude, these questions have been asked and answered many, many times here. Please just do a search, you will find all your answers. Good hunting..

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #3,606 of 9,131
Are you using a Mac? I downloaded the regular version of all 3 new Led Zeppelin remasters from HDTracks and have no problems with the tagging. I am using a Windows 8.1 based laptop and desktop, no problems on either. I downloaded in FLAC format.

Y2J

I'm only downloading Flac files now to the AK-240. I never have any tagging issues. That Zeppelin download does look good.

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #3,607 of 9,131
Beatmaker, the answer to every question you have is in previous posts on this thread. Do yourself a favor and read up for yourself, rather then ask. You'll get more info that way. There is also a AK240 appreciation thread. I'd read that one.

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #3,609 of 9,131

Downloaded the Deluxe editions of all 3 Zep albums from HD Tracks and have no issues with tagging or artwork on the AK240.

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #3,611 of 9,131

You expect me to read 241 pages?

There is a search function you know
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back