The Astell & Kern AK240
Apr 25, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #2,791 of 9,131
  Hi,

With regards to the schedule of other streaming services other than Qobuz I haven't been informed about any alternative in development - the reason for this i'd assume is because Qobuz currently have the largest catalogue of FLAC and 24Bit content in the world.  

I'll certainly relay back your questions regarding thumbnails in the playlist screen and folder mode - i'll ask them to include in a future update unless there is an underlying obstacle which we are not aware of, i'm sure they'll inform me upon request.

Thanks

thanks a lot... :)

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #2,793 of 9,131
Finally received my specially ordered Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM cable with 2.5mm TRRS plug for my JH 16Pros and can now see what all the fuss is about when listening to the AK240 through the balanced output. I think it really is an improvement over unbalanced output-seems to be a wider sound stage and even more natural sound-well worth the additional cost of the new cable IMO.
My only gripe (minor) with the AK240 is that it takes a full 9 hours to charge and I'm getting about 7 hours 45 mins playing time. Does this accord with others experience of battery use of it? I tend to charge it over night via USB2 socket on my PC as have been nervous about using any type of mains chargers from stuff I have read on Head-FI etc.
My only problem is how best to charge it when away on a trip-is there any other safe way of charging the unit without having to lug a laptop around with you when you run out of juice?
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #2,794 of 9,131
Finally received my specially ordered Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM cable with 2.5mm TRRS plug for my JH 16Pros and can now see what all the fuss is about when listening to the AK240 through the balanced output. I think it really is an improvement over unbalanced output-seems to be a wider sound stage and even more natural sound-well worth the additional cost of the new cable IMO.
My only gripe (minor) with the AK240 is that it takes a full 9 hours to charge and I'm getting about 7 hours 45 mins playing time. Does this accord with others experience of battery use of it? I tend to charge it over night via USB2 socket on my PC as have been nervous about using any type of mains chargers from stuff I have read on Head-FI etc.
My only problem is how best to charge it when away on a trip-is there any other safe way of charging the unit without having to lug a laptop around with you when you run out of juice?
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Use any wall plug microUSB charger.

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #2,795 of 9,131
  Hi,

Qobuz is definitely coming to the AK240 as a download/purchase service so you can buy/download 24bit content straight to the device. This is something currently in development and should be ready hopefully towards the end of May at the Munich show. The qobuz streaming service is also something which is being considered but will follow at a later date.

Thanks

What days are you going to be at the Munich show? I might be there as well. Would love to try the AK240.

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #2,799 of 9,131

A new dress for my beauty. 
atsmile.gif

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #2,801 of 9,131

Thanks-So could I safely use my Kindle wall micro USB charger ( Output 5.0V 0.85A) and not do any damage to the AK240?

I actually use just this to charge my AK240 when I plug it into the wall.

I use the Kindle, iPhone (new version) and if I need a faster charge the original iPad wall charger. I've used these on AK120 and AK240 without any problem that I can see.
I usually use the Kindle one and just leave it plugged in overnight if I've gone down to under 10% charge. The Kindle one I believe is the lest powerful.

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #2,802 of 9,131
The android phone charger I have charges it quickly much faster than the imac. I been getting less on the Battery. If i play DSD files maybe 3-4 hrs max. I had to recharge on a 4 hr drive back form upstate NY. I used the phone charger and was able to get some time so the trip was completed with the 240 all the way home.

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #2,803 of 9,131
Kindle charger has charged unit from from flat to full in just over 3 hours so I'm very happy with that-don't know why I have been mucking about with 9 hour charging on my PC USB 2 socket for the last few weeks.
Gripe over!

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #2,805 of 9,131

Users who are viewing this thread

Back