The Astell & Kern AK240
Sep 20, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #7,802 of 9,131
Not mine   

Sep 21, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #7,804 of 9,131
has anyone worked out how to edit (existing) playlists?

I finally got my 200GB microSD and moved a bunch of songs from internal disk to SDcard.

I copied existing playlist to PC. Edited via wordpad (as kept structure on new line for each song) and did a global swap and replace with old /storage/emulated/music to /storage/sdcard2  as per existing songs on card!

but when I try copy file back from PC to playlist folder on AK it is empty.  When view file on PC is looks fine!

any help much appreciated.

Edit - I have searched this and 380 thread but cant find anything specific to editing existing playlists!

Sep 21, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #7,805 of 9,131
has anyone worked out how to edit (existing) playlists?

I finally got my 200GB microSD and moved a bunch of songs from internal disk to SDcard.

I copied existing playlist to PC. Edited via wordpad (as kept structure on new line for each song) and did a global swap and replace with old /storage/emulated/music to /storage/sdcard2  as per existing songs on card!

but when I try copy file back from PC to playlist folder on AK it is empty.  When view file on PC is looks fine!

any help much appreciated.

Edit - I have searched this and 380 thread but cant find anything specific to editing existing playlists!

The 1.25 FW needs you to copy the playlists to the root directory. When it performs a library scan, it will move them to the playlist folder and they will work fine. Of course, I am assuming that your edit is correct. The addressing format did not change. Give it a try. It worked for me.

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #7,806 of 9,131
I place all my music in a folder named "Music" on both the internal and SD memory. I then use the /Music/ path in my M3U files and the AK somehow figures out which "Music" folder each song is located.

Sep 21, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #7,807 of 9,131
Is it possible to get the AK240 to play any multichannel files with anything more than stereo channels? I went through all the effort to rip the DSD off my Dark Side of the Moon SACD and it sounds amazing playing it on my computer, but on my AK240, it just can't even see the files since it's a 5.1 mix. Is it possible to downmix the .dsf into stereo before putting them on the AK240?

Sep 21, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #7,809 of 9,131
I have quite a few multi-channel .dsf files from Native DSD. I've been using JRiver to convert them to two-channel FLAC files. I believe that you'd be able to convert them to single-channel .dsf if you wanted as well.

I mean for use portably.  If I use JRiver and my AK240 as a DAC, it plays the DSD fine.  Its any multi channel stuff thats on the AK240 that it just ignores and cant see.  

Sep 21, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #7,810 of 9,131
Sorry - I'm not sure if I understood then. I took it that you wanted to find a way to convert your multi-channel .dsf files to be able to play them on your AK240, standalone, while on-the-go? To do so, myself, I convert my multi-channel .dsf to stereo flac files for portable on-the-go use on my AK240. Just convert using JRiver then copy the converted files to the AK240. Otherwise, as you've seen, the AK240 is unable to play those files directly as a stand-alone DAP. Again, sorry if I'm not understanding.

Sep 21, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #7,811 of 9,131
Sorry - I'm not sure if I understood then. I took it that you wanted to find a way to convert your multi-channel .dsf files to be able to play them on your AK240, standalone, while on-the-go? To do so, myself, I convert my multi-channel .dsf to stereo flac files for portable on-the-go use on my AK240. Just convert using JRiver then copy the converted files to the AK240. Otherwise, as you've seen, the AK240 is unable to play those files directly as a stand-alone DAP. Again, sorry if I'm not understanding.

Yeah you got it with this post.  Yeah I really wish I didn't have to do any conversion from DSD to PCM.

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #7,812 of 9,131
The 1.25 FW needs you to copy the playlists to the root directory. When it performs a library scan, it will move them to the playlist folder and they will work fine. Of course, I am assuming that your edit is correct. The addressing format did not change. Give it a try. It worked for me.

You are a STAR!  Worked like a charm. Now I have a lot of playlists to update :)

Thank you so much.

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #7,813 of 9,131
  Did you try holding down the top button for 12 seconds?

Yes I did, still dead.

I called their Irvine number in the US and I always reach a person.  There is a guy named Jimmy who is extremely helpful.  I sent mine in, and the quickly diagnosed the issue, and sent it back.

Can you PM me the number please. I still have no luck trying to get hold of anyone. I send several email to support.inc@iriver.com. No response yet.

Thanks alot folks - Special thanks to Ted.

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #7,815 of 9,131
  they only have the one number 949-336-4540   i gave you jimmy's email. did he not follow thru and tell you what to do? he told me he would take care of you.  

I email him twice and got no response. Maybe he is busy. I will try the number tomorrow. - Thanks for your help Ted.. appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back