The Astell & Kern AK240
Mar 13, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #2,356 of 9,131

OK, good to know. How much would you charge? Also, any chance you could post a picture of it after you're done making it?

Just send me a message . I'll let you know when I completely make it.

for LCD series, I think, 4 pin XLR female to 2.5 balanced adapter.
for full balanced Amps, two 3pin XLR female socket.
anyway, I'm shopping XLR female socket..

Mar 14, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #2,358 of 9,131
Just send me a message . I'll let you know when I completely make it.

for LCD series, I think, 4 pin XLR female to 2.5 balanced adapter.
for full balanced Amps, two 3pin XLR female socket.
anyway, I'm shopping XLR female socket..

Interested as well :)
But won't iriver sell that adapter which was shown here and there? Or it just had demo purposes?

Mar 14, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #2,359 of 9,131
Interested as well
smily_headphones1.gif

But won't iriver sell that adapter which was shown here and there? Or it just had demo purposes?

I would think A&K would offer the balanced out adapter that was shown at CES, more money for them. But my interest is in an adapter that will allow LCD-XCs to easily connect to the balanced out of the AK240.

Mar 14, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #2,360 of 9,131
Hi all,

A&K will be offering the balanced out adapter but it's still in development at the moment - more info to follow.

For the UK Bristol show we used 2.5mm trrs to XLR3 directly to Audeze headphones (see below) - I also believe ALO are preparing something similar for sale via their website.

Mar 14, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #2,361 of 9,131
  Hi all,

A&K will be offering the balanced out adapter but it's still in development at the moment - more info to follow.

For the UK Bristol show we used 2.5mm trrs to XLR3 directly to Audeze headphones (see below) - I also believe ALO are preparing something similar for sale via their website.

Steph86, Do you know if A&K has any shop in Houston (TX) or nearby where I can demo the AK 240 and be able to compare it with my 120?

Regards,

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #2,362 of 9,131
  Steph86, Do you know if A&K has any shop in Houston (TX) or nearby where I can demo the AK 240 and be able to compare it with my 120?

Regards,

Hi Papiro2,

This i'm afraid will be a question for the US distributor of A&K - http://www.iriverinc.com
You can contact them via email at the following address - support.inc@iriver.com

They should have a list of all the Hi-Fi dealers where the A&K line of products will be available for demonstration.

In the meantime i'll contact A&K directly and see if they have access to this list, if they do i'll reply on this thread for you.

Regards
Steph

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #2,363 of 9,131
  Hi Papiro2,

This i'm afraid will be a question for the US distributor of A&K - http://www.iriverinc.com
You can contact them via email at the following address - support.inc@iriver.com

They should have a list of all the Hi-Fi dealers where the A&K line of products will be available for demonstration.

In the meantime i'll contract A&K directly and see if they have access to this list, if they do i'll reply on this thread for you.

Regards
Steph

Ahhh - I just found this link:

http://www.iriverinc.com/support/wheretobuy.asp

It looks like the closest dealer to you is - either in Arizona/Colorado/North Carolina. These I assume are all very far away from your location.

Is there not a head-fi meet coming up local to you which you'd be able to attend, there's likely to be one floating around you could listen to?

Alternatively the US distributor might be able to send you a demo unit for home audition - not sure this is a service they offer, but worth an ask.

Regards
Steph

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #2,364 of 9,131
  Ahhh - I just found this link:

http://www.iriverinc.com/support/wheretobuy.asp

It looks like the closest dealer to you is - either in Arizona/Colorado/North Carolina. These I assume are all very far away from your location.

Is there not a head-fi meet coming up local to you which you'd be able to attend, there's likely to be one floating around you could listen to?

Alternatively the US distributor might be able to send you a demo unit for home audition - not sure this is a service they offer, but worth an ask.

Regards
Steph

Thank you very much for your help!! I will start calling them to see what options they have!
I appreciate! 

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #2,366 of 9,131
Firstly, a huge thanks to fellow member wongtonypr for lending me his AK240 for a week 
bigsmile_face.gif

Having listened to the AK240 on a few occasions with my MH335DW and 000 cable, I've always found it sounding nice but not enough for me to buy the unit. Today's audition changed my perception somewhat, with the Private 333 and 000 cable, the synergy was unreal................for me the AK240 has stylized sonics, it is not neutral par se as per the Hugo (which I am also borrowing for a week from fellow member CosmicHolyGhost on Sunday).

I will try and gather thoughts on the AK240 compared with other Daps, especially the 120-S amp'ed over the coming days............Tonight,  I am just going to enjoy myself listening to DSD files on the AK240, which I think is where the sweet spot is, and going through my C/IEMs with the unit.

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #2,367 of 9,131
  Firstly, a huge thanks to fellow member wongtonypr for lending me his AK240 for a week 
bigsmile_face.gif

Having listened to the AK240 on a few occasions with my MH335DW and 000 cable, I've always found it sounding nice but not enough for me to buy the unit. Today's audition changed my perception somewhat, with the Private 333 and 000 cable, the synergy was unreal................for me the AK240 has stylized sonics, it is not neutral par se as per the Hugo (which I am also borrowing for a week from fellow member CosmicHolyGhost on Sunday).

I will try and gather thoughts on the AK240 compared with other Daps, especially the 120-S amp'ed over the coming days............Tonight,  I am just going to enjoy myself listening to DSD files on the AK240, which I think is where the sweet spot is, and going through my C/IEMs with the unit.

Is there going to be a showdown between the ak240 and hugo? (guessing the hugo will win)
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #2,369 of 9,131

I hope I can do one soon! Just as soon as Steph86 can send us a demonstration unit..... :wink:

I'm trying, I'm trying... but as soon as the stock comes in it goes out again :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back